Gorsuch writes in his book: No constitutional basis for putting a mothers life in front of her child

Thereā€™s ā€˜No Constitutional Basisā€™ for Putting a Motherā€™s Life Ahead of the Childā€™s
Care to elaborate on how that is wrong?

You mean other that it being a flat out LIE? This is what he actually said, from the link in the OP: My bold.

In Roe, the Court explained that, had it found the fetus to be a ā€œpersonā€ for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment, it could not have created a right to abortion because no constitutional basis exists for preferring the motherā€™s liberty interests over the childā€™s life.

If a pregnancy is threatening the mother life, she has the right of self defense and every right to terminate the pregnancy. There's a huge difference between liberty rights and LIFE.

'No constitutional basis for putting a mothers life in front of her child'

Is he wrong?

Can someone please cite in the Constitution where there is a Constitutional Basis for putting a mother's life in front of her child?

Yes, that's what Marxism is, just a collection of common sense, mainstream views.

I'm actually aware that libertarian views aren't mainstream. You aren't even smart enough to know what a libertarian is. You just live in a delusional world in your head where all the voices tell you what you want to hear

Libertarians are pro choice.

interestingly, they should be. and real libertarians are.

but the pretend libertarians who call themselves libertarian are generally anti-choice.

It depends on if they are strict constructionists and federalists. Most of those are "small l" libertarians, not "Big L" libertarians.

Exactly. I'm pro-choice, but as a Constitutionalist, abortion aint there. Ergo it's not a Federal power either way

privacy is.

try reading the line of cases from griswald through loving through roe.

Where is "privacy" in the Constitution again?

The problem you have is privacy is best protected by the 10th amendment, which you oppose and therefore ignore. So you invoke a right that isn't in the Constitution to replace a far more powerful right that is in the Constitution that you don't want to be there.

You're fucked up, doll

TN, if you can't see that it is wrong, that the mother's life always precedes that of the fetus, then there is no hope for your moral development. Gorsuch supports murders of mothers whose lives are endangered by a pregnancy.

Didn't bother to read the link did ya fakey, Gorsuch said no such thing.

It is precisely because some people would argue that any right not mentioned in the Bill of Rights doesn't exist that some people opposed the Bill of Rights.

At what point does a fairy determine an embryo becomes a person? :lmao:

a71cf5cc7e028f091e77b80f961208bf.png

Let's be honest. Pro-abortion is pro do not take responsibility for your actions. Coincidence liberals support abortion? It's a natural occurrence.

Fact is abortion is another term for murder. All else is BS fluff.

Thereā€™s ā€˜No Constitutional Basisā€™ for Putting a Motherā€™s Life Ahead of the Childā€™s
Care to elaborate on how that is wrong?

There are reasons for abortions. Cancer and the sudden onset of type 1 diabetes that was brought on by a pregnancy.

SO:

1. Is the Republican party going to tell her Husband and her two kids that their mother has to die to give birth, and the husband can raise the baby and the two kids by himself?

2. Is the Republican party going to tell the parents of a young girl who has been repeatedly raped by a relative that their daughter has to risk her life to give birth?

3. Is the Republican party going to tell a lucky to be alive woman, (whom may also have a Husband and family members that would object) to her carrying a rape baby to full term, that she has to give birth?

These are your OPTIONS.

Women are much more than just baby factories. Women die everyday giving birth, it just doesn't make the headline news.

Stop with the fabrications already.

well, if you weren't a rightwingnut loon, you'd know that my beliefs are mainstream, unlike yours.

I don't think anyone questioned Judge Roberts' qualifications.

but any judge who thinks corporations have religion doesn't belong on a federal bench.
explain

see, Hobby Lobby.... the decision was that hobby lobby had a religious "Character" that allowed it to deny it's female employees prescription medication despite it being covered by their insurance company. that case in the court below was gorsuch's case....
yeah so why do you think it's ok to force the Hobby Lobby corporation to hand out free contraceptives if they as a company rule don't believe in them? Are you saying your values should be everyones? I'm sorry, but you make no sense.

That's exactly what she's saying. She's pro-choice. You can follow her rules freely or at the point of a gun. Your choice ...
No, that's YOUR version of choice: strapping mothers to beds at the point of conception and making them baby farms.

Do you similarly support state-by-state "choices" regarding slavery?

Pro-choice is forcing women to have babies. You're just a butt stupid anti-choicer.

And slavery is a violation of black Constitutional rights across the board, of course it shouldn't be legal, Adolph. So you're pro-life and for slavery?

Well I was wrong about Neil Gorsuch, he indeed needs to be fought all the way from here to HELL.

He wrote in his Assisted suicide book:

Gorsuch Notes In His Book on Assisted Suicide That Thereā€™s ā€˜No Constitutional Basisā€™ for Putting a Motherā€™s Life Ahead of the Childā€™s
Neil Gorsuch & Abortion: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

I guess it wouldn't matter if this same woman had two kids at home that she needed to raise.

The war on Women continues--write, call, email your Senators NOW, and raise HOLY HELL.

They apparently weren't paying attention to this on January 21, 2017

632318086-DC-rally-women-march-washington.jpg

For pictures on all 50 state participation into this march go here.
Woman's march pictures

Gorsuch as a 10th district court judge ruled against an injunction against the Utah governor over denying Federal funding to a planned parenthood office there. Gorsuch was then slapped down by the 10th District court panel who reprimanded that the 10th district court put back the injunction on the Utah Governor, stating he was in violation of the 1st and 14th amendments.
Neil Gorsuchā€™s crusade against Planned Parenthood

Yeah you in the Reich wing have picked a real winner here.

he has no business being on the court.

Didn't read the link did ya sweetie, Gorsuch didn't say what the OP said.

Let's be honest. Pro-abortion is pro do not take responsibility for your actions. Coincidence liberals support abortion? It's a natural occurrence.

Let's be honest. Republicans really DO want to run other people's lives and interfere via government. Liberals support abortion because we think our bodies are OUR BUSINESS, not YOURS.

If you want to push your agenda, then make plans for heavy tax increases to take care of all the unwanted babies that will need your $$$$ from birth to age 18. Put up or shut up.

Gorsuch Notes In His Book on Assisted Suicide That Thereā€™s ā€˜No Constitutional Basisā€™ for Putting a Motherā€™s Life Ahead of the Childā€™s
TN, if you can't see that it is wrong, that the mother's life always precedes that of the fetus, then there is no hope for your moral development. Gorsuch supports murders of mothers whose lives are endangered by a pregnancy.
Total, utter bullshit.

oreo, looks like you just got caught not reading your own link.

And neither did you, Jake.

Here is what Gorsuch wrote:

In Roe, the Court explained that, had it found the fetus to be a ā€œpersonā€ for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment, it could not have created a right to abortion because no constitutional basis exists for preferring the motherā€™s liberty interests over the childā€™s life.

Read that again. Then read it again. And again. Until you get it.

see, Hobby Lobby.... the decision was that hobby lobby had a religious "Character" that allowed it to deny it's female employees prescription medication despite it being covered by their insurance company. that case in the court below was gorsuch's case....
yeah so why do you think it's ok to force the Hobby Lobby corporation to hand out free contraceptives if they as a company rule don't believe in them? Are you saying your values should be everyones? I'm sorry, but you make no sense.

That's exactly what she's saying. She's pro-choice. You can follow her rules freely or at the point of a gun. Your choice ...
No, that's YOUR version of choice: strapping mothers to beds at the point of conception and making them baby farms.

how do you figure that? are you saying he's forcing them to have sex? You just confused the board. Laying strapped to a bed is most likely what resulted in fertilizing the egg.

He's saying when he wants to get his rocks off, he doesn't want to get his wallet out and buy his own protection. And he doesn't want to be inconvenienced not paying child support, he'd rather we pay for his protection so he doesn't have to deal with the hassle of not paying for his kid. It's his way of taking personal responsibility

interestingly, they should be. and real libertarians are.

but the pretend libertarians who call themselves libertarian are generally anti-choice.

It depends on if they are strict constructionists and federalists. Most of those are "small l" libertarians, not "Big L" libertarians.

Exactly. I'm pro-choice, but as a Constitutionalist, abortion aint there. Ergo it's not a Federal power either way

privacy is.

try reading the line of cases from griswald through loving through roe.

Where is the word privacy in the constitution?
Where is the word "airplane" in the Constitution?

Who claims they have a constitutional right to an airplane?

Let's be honest. Republicans really DO want to run other people's lives and interfere via government. Liberals support abortion because we think our bodies are OUR BUSINESS, not YOURS.

If you want to push your agenda, then make plans for heavy tax increases to take care of all the unwanted babies that will need your $$$$ from birth to age 18. Put up or shut up.
what is it exactly that republicans push........ exactly?

then why can't you commit suicide?

how do you figure that? are you saying he's forcing them to have sex? You just confused the board. Laying strapped to a bed is most likely what resulted in fertilizing the egg.

He's saying when he wants to get his rocks off, he doesn't want to get his wallet out and buy his own protection

try reading with comprehension

Well I was wrong about Neil Gorsuch, he indeed needs to be fought all the way from here to HELL.

He wrote in his Assisted suicide book:

Neil Gorsuch & Abortion: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

I guess it wouldn't matter if this same woman had two kids at home that she needed to raise.

The war on Women continues--write, call, email your Senators NOW, and raise HOLY HELL.

They apparently weren't paying attention to this on January 21, 2017

632318086-DC-rally-women-march-washington.jpg

For pictures on all 50 state participation into this march go here.
Woman's march pictures

Gorsuch as a 10th district court judge ruled against an injunction against the Utah governor over denying Federal funding to a planned parenthood office there. Gorsuch was then slapped down by the 10th District court panel who reprimanded that the 10th district court put back the injunction on the Utah Governor, stating he was in violation of the 1st and 14th amendments.
Neil Gorsuchā€™s crusade against Planned Parenthood

Yeah you in the Reich wing have picked a real winner here.

he has no business being on the court.

Clearly this pick was made by Vice President Mike Pence who as governor of Indiana decided to sign his own abortion law into effect, that was overturned by a higher court one year later.
Pence signs new abortion restrictions into law with a prayer

These fucking idiots have no business being in politics much less picking Supreme Court nominees.

I would say that a sitting president has the right to pick his justice if the justice is qualified.

but they didn't do that, did they?

and now they think they should get this religious nutter? :rofl:

Yeah, it's just unfair of a judge that wants to use the the actual text of the law and Constitution applied to a decision instead of personal opinions, how dare he.

It's surprising how many people who argue over abortion have never actually read the Roe v. Wade decision.

If they had, they would immediately grasp what Gorsuch was saying in that little clipping the OP link quoted from his book.

STATES HAVE CHOICE!!!
CORPORATIONS HAVE CHOICE!!!
RELIGIONS HAVE CHOICE!!!!

Bitches? They gotta do as we say!

The only thing that would happen if Roe was overturned is that Abortion would go back to the States. Most places where the majorities actually WANT abortion rights have existing protections. The places that want to be assholes and ban it can do it, and maybe our country can concentrate on more important things at the federal level, and let people fight it out State by State.

Thanks for trying, but I already told him that and he didn't understand. I'm not sure he's smart enough for repetition to clarify that for him

The real fun is when I explain my position, where I wouldn't vote for or support an abortion ban, but I don't see where States are prevented from doing so in the constitution if they so choose

They really don't get strict constructionism, or a dedication to federalism.

Yes, that's my position. Roe v. Wade is without Constitutional authority, it's up to the States. But I think States should say out of abortion and let women decide for themselves
decide what exactly? the decision was needed when the woman wanted six inches in her va jay jay, and she surely has that choice. ruling out of course rape.

Women should decide whether they have an abortion or not. I mean duh

Forum List

Back