Got a call for a interview for a federal job but they dont seem to be willing to work with me knowing I am already employed

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
They called today to schedule an interview and I just knew it would be next week. She talking about can I be available tomorrow? Hell no. That's not enough notice for me. So I told them I am off on Monday, Dec 5th and will be available all day. So if they can interview me on that day then I guess it wont be an interview. I figured they would try and work with me since they know I am working.

They called today to schedule an interview and I just knew it would be next week. She talking about can I be available tomorrow? Hell no. That's not enough notice for me. So I told them I am off on Monday, Dec 5th and will be available all day. So if they can interview me on that day then I guess it wont be an interview. I figured they would try and work with me since they know I am working.
what department are you applying with?

FBJ, if you died tomorrow (God forbid), your job would be posted before your obituary.

Take a sick day and let them get used to getting along without you.
I dont want to use a sick day for the 1st interview since I have a day off coming up monday

They just need to schedule it. They are usually fairly accommodating.

It has to be mutual interest
Apparently you were mutually disinterested in them as well considering you refused to meet their timeline. The message you sent was, nope,, can't make it. My last job interview was 43 years ago. I scheduled it for after my work time on the day they suggested. After a successful interview, I asked, can I give my employer two weeks notice which they agreed to. The employer that I was leaving let me go as soon as I gave my notice.

I wish I could go back and redo all those interviews that went badly. Clearly they didn't want me and I was trying to convince them to hire me. They were in a total position of power. And some companies probably like it that way. Look at Elon Musk. You either work long hours or get lost. I'd hate to work for a person like that. So if they were so rigid or uptight and couldn't work with you, either they didn't want to or they didn't think you'd be the type who would fit in there. Who knows? It's happened to me though.

I would have handled those hr bitches much differently. Even if I need a job never again will I go into an interview acting like it. I'll act like I'm interested but only if they are too. If she's a bitch, we can end the interview right now.

Forum List

Back