Got a letter from the water company.

Serious question...is desalinazation a viable option?
C'mon Nutz, I know you're smarter than that. Of course it's a viable option (unless you're a stupid liberal who thinks water isn't a necessity).
Maybe I am dumb. I am just asking because I always thought desalinazation plants were cost prohibitive. I don't know...it's not my interest...but, I hate CA....just a bunch of hippie faggots.
I understand that, and I don't think you are dumb, but they were talking about building those plants back in the 80's. If they had started it back then, instead of catering to the illegals (for votes), they would have been built by now and there would be no water shortage. Now the rest of the country will pay the price with their tax dollars right along with Californians (one way or the other). Blame the Democrats, Bud.
And I remember back in the 80's people saying it was a wet dream because of the cost. That was a long time ago...I honestly don't know the advances. What would it cost...assuming we have the technological knowledge?

50 gallons per month? How the Hell are you guys supposed to keep yourselves clean and fresh? I shower on average twice a day for at least 15 minutes each. Sometimes longer. Nothin' like a long, hot steamy shower...

C'mon Nutz, I know you're smarter than that. Of course it's a viable option (unless you're a stupid liberal who thinks water isn't a necessity).
Maybe I am dumb. I am just asking because I always thought desalinazation plants were cost prohibitive. I don't know...it's not my interest...but, I hate CA....just a bunch of hippie faggots.
I understand that, and I don't think you are dumb, but they were talking about building those plants back in the 80's. If they had started it back then, instead of catering to the illegals (for votes), they would have been built by now and there would be no water shortage. Now the rest of the country will pay the price with their tax dollars right along with Californians (one way or the other). Blame the Democrats, Bud.
And I remember back in the 80's people saying it was a wet dream because of the cost. That was a long time ago...I honestly don't know the advances. What would it cost...assuming we have the technological knowledge?
Don't know the cost but if they can do it in the M.E. we should be able to do it here. We're not a third world country (not yet, anyway).

50 gallons per month? How the Hell are you guys supposed to keep yourselves clean and fresh? I shower on average twice a day for at least 15 minutes each. Sometimes longer. Nothin' like a long, hot steamy shower...
You need longer showers than most.

Don't know the cost but if they can do it in the M.E. we should be able to do it here. We're not a third world country (not yet, anyway).
Give it time.

Is it technologically viable and cost efficient. This isn't partisan, personal or anything else. It doesn't exist...why (no finger pointing)? I can't believe if it is that easy, there aren't plan'ts in the US now. What am I missing? What is the other side?

I take it you peoples' gyms don't have showers? Every 24 Hour Fitness I've ever been to were all equipped with showers in their locker rooms. Not in Cali?

My mistake. 50 gallons PER DAY per person per household. Four of us here, that is 200 gallons per day between the 4 of us. But I still want to conserve as much as possible.

Is it technologically viable and cost efficient. This isn't partisan, personal or anything else. It doesn't exist...why (no finger pointing)? I can't believe if it is that easy, there aren't plan'ts in the US now. What am I missing? What is the other side?
Which party controls California? There's your answer. It's all a matter of priority, and California liberals rely on welfare leaches for their support, so who do you think they're going to cater to? They keep pumping more and more money into welfare (mostly for illegals) and in return, the illegals will vote for them. Now, with Obama's dictatorial amnesty, California will remain controlled by commies like Jerry Brown and the desalinization plants will never be built because the parasites have sucked up all the money for the foreseeable future and there's no way they're gonna give up that gravy train.

I take it you peoples' gyms don't have showers? Every 24 Hour Fitness I've ever been to were all equipped with showers in their locker rooms. Not in Cali?

They will be regulated as well. I don't think most folks out of Cali understand the dire lack of water we have.

It takes 1 gallon of water every day for ONE almond. ONE. Not the tree. The nut. ONE GALLON, ONE NUT.

We are fucked. And so is everyone else that likes walnuts, almonds, etc because 95% of the nuts in your grocery stores are from Cali.

My mistake. 50 gallons PER DAY per person per household. Four of us here, that is 200 gallons per day between the 4 of us. But I still want to conserve as much as possible.

Oh okay! Well I could certainly adapt to that. 50 per day is faaaar more doable than 50 per month lol

I don't like Simple Green. I don't trust anyone that refuses to put ingredients on their labels because the law says they don't have to. It means they are hiding something.

Maybe the roomies and us can split the cost for a gallon of that Oasis stuff and share it. I dunno. Meeting will be tomorrow. See what kind of plan we can come up with. Meanwhile...gonna see about a pond pump for the tubs. Problem is getting the heavy assed buckets out of both bathrooms out to the yard.

Oh okay! Well I could certainly adapt to that. 50 per day is faaaar more doable than 50 per month lol

No shit! I've been googling like a madwoman and freaking out and Mr Gracie said NO...PER DAY SILLY! So I looked at our last water bill.....which we get every 2 months...and we used 6000 gallons in one month. 200 gallons per day per month for 4 people is right on the mark. BUT...if we go a tad over..we have to pay double. So the meeting is a necessity!

Suggestion. Instead of taking a shower, or a bath, just use some baby wipes. They're pretty cheap, if you buy them in bulk, and do a pretty decent job. You won't need as many showers then. Just hit the hot spots, and you're good to go.

The water from the washing machine...if we decide to combine our washes once a week all together maybe....and that water uses that Oasis stuff...and goes in the 50gallon trash can on the other side of the outside wall via a hole drilled for the washer hose expender thingy...that water can be used to water the plants in pots, etc. Problem with grey water though is..you gotta use it within 24 hours or it turns into black water. Bad.

Suggestion. Instead of taking a shower, or a bath, just use some baby wipes. They're pretty cheap, if you buy them in bulk, and do a pretty decent job. You won't need as many showers then. Just hit the hot spots, and you're good to go.
I take sponge baths most of the time. I'm pretty fucked up health wise.....can't use even Dove Sensitive Skin...screws up my psoriasis. So I use apple cider vinegar diluted, in the sink, with a wash cloth. Then I use the sink water for a bucket and dilute it even more and that goes outside in the garden. I take a shower every 4 days. My hair is a different matter. I wash it every other day but THAT water has to go down the drain cuz it's medicated for my scalp problems.

Growing old sucks. No water sucks more.

I don't think I've even come close to using fifty gallons in a day.
Me neither. But one roomie is only 24. He has no clue of what NO WATER means. Thankfully the other roomie is very aware and with us in our endeavors.

Forum List

Back