Gotta have ID to get a vaccination but not to vote

NBC 4 in Washington, D.C., reports that the District is concerned that too many people getting the vaccine in DC are not residents, so it’s going to do something about that:

As the District launched its new system to register for a COVID-19 vaccine this week, it also announced major changes to help ensure more doses go to people who actually live there. ”The essential worker burden for vaccinations in the District is disproportionately high [compared] to any other jurisdiction,” said Dr. LaQuandra Nesbitt, head of DC Health. Going forward, the District will prioritize 90% of its appointments for eligible residents only. In its new registration portal, D.C. said essential workers should bring verification like a work ID badge, letter from employer or paystub. ”One of the ways that we have to ensure that we are not vaccinating residents from other jurisdictions who don’t actually have an essential job in the District of Columbia is to ask for some type of proof for that,” Nesbitt said.
Identification to prove that people are in the right jurisdiction? Funny how this works, when a liberal government is trying to control something it actually cares about. This comes just as congressional Democrats are trying to abolish state voter-identification requirements for in-person and absentee voting and progressives are calling it racist voter suppression to ask voters to cast ballots in their own precinct. We are endlessly told that asking for ID scares people away just as surely as turning fire hoses on them. What if it turns out that this is actually just a routine way for government to verify that it is dealing with people who are entitled to what they are trying to do?

IMHO if you can't show ID then you don't get to vote. If you don't have ID, there are people who will help you get one, and that ID should be required even for absentee or mail-in ballots.
And you want a license to vote but not for firearm ownership, while we're drawing weird contrasts.
no one said you need a license to vote dumbass,, you need an ID to prove its you voting,,,

NBC 4 in Washington, D.C., reports that the District is concerned that too many people getting the vaccine in DC are not residents, so it’s going to do something about that:

As the District launched its new system to register for a COVID-19 vaccine this week, it also announced major changes to help ensure more doses go to people who actually live there. ”The essential worker burden for vaccinations in the District is disproportionately high [compared] to any other jurisdiction,” said Dr. LaQuandra Nesbitt, head of DC Health. Going forward, the District will prioritize 90% of its appointments for eligible residents only. In its new registration portal, D.C. said essential workers should bring verification like a work ID badge, letter from employer or paystub. ”One of the ways that we have to ensure that we are not vaccinating residents from other jurisdictions who don’t actually have an essential job in the District of Columbia is to ask for some type of proof for that,” Nesbitt said.
Identification to prove that people are in the right jurisdiction? Funny how this works, when a liberal government is trying to control something it actually cares about. This comes just as congressional Democrats are trying to abolish state voter-identification requirements for in-person and absentee voting and progressives are calling it racist voter suppression to ask voters to cast ballots in their own precinct. We are endlessly told that asking for ID scares people away just as surely as turning fire hoses on them. What if it turns out that this is actually just a routine way for government to verify that it is dealing with people who are entitled to what they are trying to do?

IMHO if you can't show ID then you don't get to vote. If you don't have ID, there are people who will help you get one, and that ID should be required even for absentee or mail-in ballots.
And you want a license to vote but not for firearm ownership, while we're drawing weird contrasts.
no one said you need a license to vote dumbass,, you need an ID to prove its you voting,,,
That's a license to vote.

no its not,,,

What I'm saying is, if you want a fake ID, you can get one.

Why would somebody go through the trouble of a getting a fraudulent ID in order to vote? Something only used every 1-2 years.
are you suggesting there are not people will ill intent that would plan ahead???
Yes, I am suggesting that.
so you agree people will go to that measure to vote illegally,, theres hope for you,,

that asked specifically for a drivers license,, I'm sure a state ID would have worked the same,,
They would have accepted anything with your name and address on it. Like a company ID, or an expired drivers license.
I remember seeing one lady using an ID that must have been 40 years old.

no its not,,,
You calling it something else doesn't change what it is.

that asked specifically for a drivers license,, I'm sure a state ID would have worked the same,,
They would have accepted anything with your name and address on it. Like a company ID, or an expired drivers license.
I remember seeing one lady using an ID that must have been 40 years old.
not what they said,,, they wanted a current state photo ID,,, at both dr offices,,

no its not,,,
You calling it something else doesn't change what it is.
youre the one doing that not me,,,

Why would somebody go through the trouble of a getting a fraudulent ID in order to vote? Something only used every 1-2 years.
are you suggesting there are not people will ill intent that would plan ahead???
Yes, I am suggesting that.
so you agree people will go to that measure to vote illegally,, theres hope for you,,
"suggesting there are not people"

Sort out your own convoluted sentence kid.

My grandmother didn't have a birth certificate. She was born at home, and had a family bible record, and a baptismal certificate.
what yr was that??
Must have been around 1900. She probably used it to register to vote, and register for social security.
so you had to go back over a 100 yrs to make your point,, pretty pathetic if you ask me,,

how about you catch up with the rest of us so we can have a rational discussion??

Those business/people wanted cheap water/labor
Dont paint with such a broad brush

with an open border many otherwise honest business people WERE FORCED to hire illegals to remain competitive and stay in business

all it takes is a few bad apples in the labor pool to spoil the whole barrel

Then how do you prove your ID to get a picture ID?
It's different in different states, but a BC and a signature won't do it in any of them.
I can tell you were born with a picture ID also.
do you have a link to prove that??
so you dont have one,, figures since they dont exist,,
I have several even a military ID...
so all I need is your BC and I can go in and get an ID in your name??
What information is needed to get a copy of your or someone's BC?
as far as I know here its just a fee,, they are public records

and it really doesnt have anything to do with moonglows comment,, he said all you need is a BC, he doesnt say how to obtain it,, I could find one in a box at a garage sale,,
You need a birth date, you need the city you were born in, and sometimes even a parent's name along with your birth name.

You need a birth date, you need the city you were born in, and sometimes even a parent's name along with your birth name.

All of which can be found online.

Pay an $x fee, submit the needed info, and have a BC sent to you.
So, are you saying our govt issued photo ids that everyone is using, including our drivers licenses are worthless as IDs, because we used our Birth certificates to get them???
No.

Well yeah, criminals do exist... That's why making non criminals carry ID is fruitless at the polling place. If a criminal wanted to commit a felony and take the risk of impersonating you at the voting booth place, they could certainly get an ID to do such, if it was worth it to them.... And I've got big doubts that it ever would be....

Then how do you prove your ID to get a picture ID?
It's different in different states, but a BC and a signature won't do it in any of them.
I can tell you were born with a picture ID also.
do you have a link to prove that??
so you dont have one,, figures since they dont exist,,
I have several even a military ID...
so all I need is your BC and I can go in and get an ID in your name??
What information is needed to get a copy of your or someone's BC?
as far as I know here its just a fee,, they are public records

and it really doesnt have anything to do with moonglows comment,, he said all you need is a BC, he doesnt say how to obtain it,, I could find one in a box at a garage sale,,

All of which can be found online.

Pay an $x fee, submit the needed info, and have a BC sent to you.
So, are you saying our govt issued photo ids that everyone is using, including our drivers licenses are worthless as IDs, because we used our Birth certificates to get them???
No.

Well yeah, criminals do exist... That's why making non criminals carry ID is fruitless at the polling place. If a criminal wanted to commit a felony and take the risk of impersonating you at the voting booth place, they could certainly get an ID to do such, if it was worth it to them.... And I've got big doubts that it ever would be....
the more you comment the sadder I feel for you,,,

Those business/people wanted cheap water/labor
Dont paint with such a broad brush

with an open border many otherwise honest business people WERE FORCED to hire illegals to remain competitive and stay in business

all it takes is a few bad apples in the labor pool to spoil the whole barrel
Who comes first? The chicken or the egg?

Immigrants would not flock here in masses, if they could not find jobs. Reagan believed this, and I agree with him.

There was no massive voter fraud like the right wing alleges even when vagabonds and the landless could not vote.

Forum List

Back