🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gotta love Ricky

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
This was so awesome! He has my admiration forever.

However, Gervais’s most scathing screed happened towards the end of his seven minute long monologue. “Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company that makes sweatshops in China,” Gervais said, before pivoting to the room in general. “So when you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for, I mean unbelievable! Apple, Amazon, Disney…if ISIS started a streaming service, you’d call your agent.
”

Gervais continued: “So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.”

https://decider.com/2020/01/05/golden-globes-2020-ricky-gervais-monologue/

I turned that on last night and the first winner I saw made a speech about global warming. The second made a speech about abortion rights.

No wonder Hollywood is disrespected by so much of the country.

Why watch award shows? Wildcard football is better even after Kaepernick ruined the league. A good western beats them all.

Got to love Hollywood. The only place that gives out awards for being dead or breathing. If the studio has the money to buy it you get an award.
Where else do so many self centered, self entitled idiots run around praising themselves.

Then in the middle of all of it they think that they can out woke each other and pretend that they can tell the "little people" what they should think.

Actors have NEVER been respected until relatively recently. In medieval times they were positioned in the social heirarchy around the level of the gypsy. IMO correctly so. They are adults who play 'pretend' for a living.

Kaepernick didn't ruin the NFL. Also global warming and abortion are top and center for most of us intelligent people.

Got to love it....

“So if you do win an award tonight don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public, about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god, and fuck off.”

Actors have NEVER been respected until relatively recently. In medieval times they were positioned in the social heirarchy around the level of the gypsy. IMO correctly so. They are adults who play 'pretend' for a living.
Shouldn't have voted them to be president then...…

Now your faux outrage over actors is just that....faux outrage...

If you haven’t watched his monologue, it’s hilarious
Might be the only thing we agree on.

This was classic....

• Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a super drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. You say you’re woke, but the companies you work for, it’s unbelievable—Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service, you’d call your agent.

Never heard of the guy. Whoever he is he`s irrelevant.
If you ever heard of the show, the Office....then you should thank Gervais for that....

He is a very brilliant comic -- and attacking the Hollywood elite is definitely not punching down....

Only reasons trumpers are so giddy about it is because he attacked the Hollywood elite -- but when it comes to punching down -- trumpers definitely love that -- which is why most conservative comics suck...

Shouldn't have voted them to be president then...…

Now your faux outrage over actors is just that....faux outrage...
I have never once voted for an actor. But I am sure you voted for that jigaboo faggot though.

This was so awesome! He has my admiration forever.

However, Gervais’s most scathing screed happened towards the end of his seven minute long monologue. “Apple roared into the TV game with The Morning Show, a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing made by a company that makes sweatshops in China,” Gervais said, before pivoting to the room in general. “So when you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for, I mean unbelievable! Apple, Amazon, Disney…if ISIS started a streaming service, you’d call your agent.
”

Gervais continued: “So if you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg.”

https://decider.com/2020/01/05/golden-globes-2020-ricky-gervais-monologue/
If nothing else, their ratings just went up.

Forum List

Back