Gov. Jerry Brown Calls Congress Drought Bill ‘Unwelcome And Divisive’

California gets part of their water from sources outside the State. Thus interstate it is. Further if the Dems in the State legislature are punishing republican farmers then that is a State punishing its citizens illegally.

As was noted most of the aqueducts are owned by the US Government Corps of Engineers again Federal oversight.

This is NOT a States right infringement.

Wanna know what is?

Claiming that all transactions whether interstate or intrastate are Federal and subject to Federal regulations. Like firearms made INSIDE a State and only sold IN that State.

In my opinion we shouldn't buy into the punishing Republican farmers liberal BS. That is just a really lame ass excuse for what they are doing. Even I don't think them that despicable to punish someone because of their political affiliation, but surprisingly they seem to think they are quite up to doing so. I am sure there are democrat and republican farmers who the stated intent of the liberal left would be hurting.

As for the UE being in mostly republican districts how in the hell does one measure who is on UE in those districts. The liberal left, in my opinion, has reached the very bottom of the cess pool. Saying they are punishing farmers for being republican farmers is bad enough but then blaming people being out of work on party affiliation is truly, truly a new low. Another funny thing is how the liberal left will claim that the republican party is the party of the rich then claim they are the party of welfare and UE. There is no logic to the liberal left.

Since you brought it up, the committees in the House are all chaired by Tea Bagging idiots who do what the Koch Bros. tell them.

The Science Committee is chaired by creationists.

Jerry Brown has turned the state of CA around, they have a surplus.

A Dem did that.

no he hasnt.....the only areas that are doing ok are the wealthier Counties.....30 of 58 Counties have 9% UE or better around 15 are at 10% or better.....and he has to come up with around 100 billion dollars to cover the pensions of the State workers.....so much for that surplus.....

California Counties: California?s unemployment rate by county - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times

Give it up Harry, Brown has done a remarkable job in putting the states finances in order.

when he gets all the other Counties in line with the States UE figures,then i will agree with you.....right now it looks like the wealthier Counties seem to be getting all the goodies.....we have a lot of farmers not working.....especially down in Imperial County....22% UE....lots of farmers.....that is some of the most fertile farmland in this State......a buddy of mine lives down there....he said he has never seen so much farmland just growing weeds in the 15 years he has been there,and he has never seen so many out of work....farmers need water to grow crops.....California supplies lots of Vegetation food stuffs for this Country.....those farmers State wide should be working tending their crops....not working a part time job somewhere....

Since you brought it up, the committees in the House are all chaired by Tea Bagging idiots who do what the Koch Bros. tell them.

A Dem did that.

no he hasnt.....the only areas that are doing ok are the wealthier Counties.....30 of 58 Counties have 9% UE or better around 15 are at 10% or better.....and he has to come up with around 100 billion dollars to cover the pensions of the State workers.....so much for that surplus.....

California Counties: California?s unemployment rate by county - Data Desk - Los Angeles Times
And the larger percentage of those 18 counties which have lower unemployment rates happen to be heavily Democrat. The entire Bay Area and Los Angeles county is Democrat, not to mention a few coastal counties. The counties with higher unemployment rates are Republican.

yea and if you notice the Counties doing ok are where all the wealthy people live......i live in Orange County.....lots of rich people here.....we are doing great.....now it doesnt matter if the farmers are Republican.....they feed the fucking Country and State....thats all that matters to you fucking party people......my party is fucking everything,who gives a shit if you live or die.....as long as my damned Party is doing ok....fuck everything else....

Give it up Harry, Brown has done a remarkable job in putting the states finances in order.

when he gets all the other Counties in line with the States UE figures,then i will agree with you.....right now it looks like the wealthier Counties seem to be getting all the goodies.....we have a lot of farmers not working.....especially down in Imperial County....22% UE....lots of farmers.....that is some of the most fertile farmland in this State......a buddy of mine lives down there....he said he has never seen so much farmland just growing weeds in the 15 years he has been there,and he has never seen so many out of work....farmers need water to grow crops.....California supplies lots of Vegetation food stuffs for this Country.....those farmers State wide should be working tending their crops....not working a part time job somewhere....

Could the drought have anything to do with unplanted fields? Or has the agressive deporation of those illegally in the U.S. impacted planting? Brown is steadfast in building high speed rail, and the first stage will be built in Cental Valley, hopefully that will create jobs for the depressed counties in the South.

I do know the SF Bay Area is doing well, lots of cranes are working in The City and in the burbs. Five years ago retail property's were closed throughout the area, today new stores and restaurants are opening daily. Home values have risen considerable and most properties are recieiving several offcers, some higher than the asking price. My son's place has increased in value $60,000 in a little over two years, and ours has appreciated approx. $105,000 in the same time. Of course we are not where we were in 2005, by a long shot.

If only California was right by an ocean and could build desalination plants and have an unlimited amount of freshwater.

This has been attempted several times and each time enviros in CA file lawsuits to stop it.
Also water was cut off San Joaquin Valley farmers in the name of savinf a minnow. CA enviros were behind that too.

When will Republicans realize that when dealing with democrats it is their way or the highway? There is simply no compromise. They also have to realize that Obama and Brown are experts on almost anything and their will should prevail. Not sure what committees do in Congress, maybe they could save a lot of time and just ask Brown or Obama what they should do. Yes, being a dictator would be easier.

Gov. Jerry Brown Calls Congress Drought Bill ?Unwelcome And Divisive? « CBS Sacramento

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) – Gov. Jerry Brown said Monday that a Republican effort in Congress to address California’s unprecedented drought is an “unwelcome and divisive intrusion” in the state’s efforts to address the crisis by pitting water users against one another.

Brown, a Democrat, sent a letter Monday to leadership of the House Committee on Natural Resources and California’s entire congressional delegation asking them to oppose HR3964, which is scheduled to be taken up this week.

A Dem did that.

California does not have a surplus. We are broke. What we have is the same projected surplus that we have every year. And, every year, we end up further in debt.

hey Zeke.....those farms produce a hell of a lot of food for the Country......to do that they need water....yea i know hard to comprehend....

Brown bragged that he drove the oil companies out of California; now he's driving agriculture out.

If you don't work for government - Brown want's you out of the state.

As one of her campaign promises running for attorney general, Kamala Harris promised to force as much business and industry out of California as she could. She has been very successful too. California with its perfect weather is designated to be a land of the very rich and those who live to serve their needs.

California does not have a surplus. We are broke. What we have is the same projected surplus that we have every year. And, every year, we end up further in debt.

PROJECTED surpluses are loudly proclaimed. Adjustments when the projections fail to materialize are quietly swept under the rug.

California faces a $330 billion shortfall in unfunded liabilities. The surplus projections are smoke and mirrors, the payments to the greedy public employees are all too real.

Could the drought have anything to do with unplanted fields? Or has the agressive deporation of those illegally in the U.S. impacted planting? Brown is steadfast in building high speed rail, and the first stage will be built in Cental Valley, hopefully that will create jobs for the depressed counties in the South.

I do know the SF Bay Area is doing well, lots of cranes are working in The City and in the burbs. Five years ago retail property's were closed throughout the area, today new stores and restaurants are opening daily. Home values have risen considerable and most properties are recieiving several offcers, some higher than the asking price. My son's place has increased in value $60,000 in a little over two years, and ours has appreciated approx. $105,000 in the same time. Of course we are not where we were in 2005, by a long shot.

the chart i showed about UE was from last June i believe.....this water thing has been going on for some time.....the farms in Imperial have been sitting there not growing anything for even longer than that.....but i hear ya.....OC has lots of construction going on....the building im a co-owner of has gone up 300,000 dollars in value in the last 3-4 years.....its back to where it was in 2007....of course being in the shadow of Disneyland helps....but it has gone up....

hey Zeke.....those farms produce a hell of a lot of food for the Country......to do that they need water....yea i know hard to comprehend....

Brown bragged that he drove the oil companies out of California; now he's driving agriculture out.

im around 50/50 with Brown....i like the fact that he would tell the Legislature to go fuck themselves if need be....but of course there are things he is doing that i dont like....

im around 50/50 with Brown....i like the fact that he would tell the Legislature to go fuck themselves if need be....but of course there are things he is doing that i dont like....

Brown can't tell the legislature to go fuck themselves if need be. Democrats have a supermajority and can bell Brown to go fuck himself if they wish.

Brown can't tell the legislature to go fuck themselves if need be. Democrats have a supermajority and can bell Brown to go fuck himself if they wish.

They all serve the same master - SEIU.

Brown backed down some of the environmentalists last year, who wanted funds that the public employees planned to loot. Brown is proposing yet ANOTHER tax hike to give the whackos what they want AND keep the treasury open to SEIU.

he is as old as you are.....another cantankerous old fuck who will ignore anything he doesnt like and do it anyway...even against all reason....just like you....the reason people as old as you should not be allowed to tell other people what to do.....either stay at home or in the "other" home....

Forum List

Back