Government School Nightmare Watch: 2,400 NC Elementary School Teachers Flunk Math Exams...

Depends on the tests.................Many times they test at College level mathematics when they are teaching simple math...................In this case it was elementary school teachers..............Hardly a day to day dive into derivatives...........and Triple Integrals.........................

Have sisters who teach.............and back when they took tests they would have to study for the tests to remind them of some of the math that they simply haven't used in quite some time...............Even though teaching at a much lower level.........

Without seeing the tests......................who da hell knows........is there a copy.

You think there were triple integrals on the test?

The exam probably had questions like these:

jn7G6.jpg

It's 10 minutes per board regardless of the board's length.

Sorry Einstein, that would be 10 minutes/cut.

Assuming we’re cross cutting the board and not ripping two boards of different lengths.

That's true, good thing they showed a diagram.

Depends on the tests.................Many times they test at College level mathematics when they are teaching simple math...................In this case it was elementary school teachers..............Hardly a day to day dive into derivatives...........and Triple Integrals.........................

Have sisters who teach.............and back when they took tests they would have to study for the tests to remind them of some of the math that they simply haven't used in quite some time...............Even though teaching at a much lower level.........

Without seeing the tests......................who da hell knows........is there a copy.

jn7G6.jpg

Hire another carpenter...................I can cut it up in a minute..............

:iyfyus.jpg:

A chop saw can do it in a matter of seconds.

jn7G6.jpg
Been a long time but I remember in school that our teachers required us to show our work and how to find that answer using X...................LOL

2x = 10
x=5
3x=?
3(5)=15
:abgg2q.jpg:

Not quite. One cut (2 pieces) = 10 min.
Two cuts (3 pieces) = 20 min.

jn7G6.jpg

Hire another carpenter...................I can cut it up in a minute..............

:iyfyus.jpg:

A chop saw can do it in a matter of seconds.
Take a band saw...........and remove the blade.............then flip all the new blades around.........watch the Green Horns try to cut with the new blades with the teeth backwards.........

:abgg2q.jpg:

jn7G6.jpg

Can someone give a legitimate reason for this answer? I'm not seeing it.

One cut creates two pieces and that will take 10 minutes. So if you want 3 pieces, then you need 2 cuts. If the cuts are done exactly the same way, then that's 20 minutes.

Unless maybe you're cutting the board differently on the 2nd cut? Like one vertical cut and one horizontal cut? But it doesn't say that.

I don't get it. The teacher is wrong here.

I'm sure that in N.C. anybody that 'matters' sends their kids to private schools. So who cares if the public school kids get quality education.

Who needs educated slaves, anyway?

It isn't just the people who "matter" anymore it is anybody can even remotely swing it.

My wife and I are cutting every corner we can to send our children to private school.

We did the same thing for my kids grammar school here in Connecticut, but we live in a town that's is rated among the worst in the state - but I'd bet that the public school teachers in my town would pass that test easily.

For high school went sent our son's to inner city, New Haven 'Magnet' schools. They got a very good education there.

It seems to me that if kids and their parents care enough to send them to a magnet school, the kids have a desire to achieve. The quality of the teachers was great.

It was a fantastic alternative to private school and worked great for us.

Boy, Communists/Democrats sure have destroyed Connecticut. What an awful mess they've created there. Connecticut used to be a great state. I would try and give you some encouragement, but nothing's gonna change there. It's gonna get worse. You really should consider relocating.

I love Connecticut (even though I'm from New York). I don't know why you think that there's anything going wrong here in Connecticut.

You're probably just listening to a lot of Republican propaganda - trying to convince people that there is some great calamity when there is none. Our states economy is thriving. Our only problem is, like every other state, lack of sales tax due to eCommerce is hurting the state's budget. The retail industry is collapsing everywhere. That's something that every state has to figure out.

Don't count on flipping Connecticut - it ain't gonna happen by a long shot. (You may continue dreaming if you like).

Sorry, but Connecticut is a dump now. Communists/Democrats really have flucked that once great state. Third World Misery is y'all have to look forward to. You really should consider getting out.

...Most of the 'Teachers' care much more about brainwashing the children on their political agendas, than actually educating them. .....

Bullshit.

Sadly, it is the truth. Too many curent Government School 'Teachers' are Snowflake political activists. They just wanna screech about 'Global Warming' and how much they hate those Republicans. It's brainwashing. They aren't educators. They don't belong in classrooms.

Parents really do need to consider all education alternatives. Government-schooling is just a dangerous crapshoot for their children. If at all possible, they need to avoid it.

...Most of the 'Teachers' care much more about brainwashing the children on their political agendas, than actually educating them. .....

Bullshit.

Sadly, it is the truth. Too many curent Government School 'Teachers' are Snowflake political activists. They just wanna screech about 'Global Warming' and how much they hate those Republicans. It's brainwashing. They aren't educators. They don't belong in classrooms.

Parents really do need to consider all education alternatives. Government-schooling is just a dangerous crapshoot for their children. If at all possible, they need to avoid it.
When were you ever a teacher?

It really is time for parents to consider all other education alternatives for their children. Government-schooling is failing. And it's only gonna get worse.

A quick warning on the article: The teachers attempt to blame the test, rather than take responsibility. Pretty much sums up how far Government-schooling has fallen.

Almost 2,400 North Carolina elementary school teachers have failed the math portion of their licensing exams, which puts their careers in jeopardy, since the state hired Pearson publishing company to give the exam in 2013, according to a report presented to the state Board of Education Wednesday.

Failure rates have spiked as schools around the state struggle to find teachers for the youngest children. Education officials are now echoing what frustrated teachers have been saying: The problem may lie with the exams rather than the educators.

The Board of Education, which last month granted beginning teachers an extra year to pass, plans to review the Pearson exams to see if the tests are actually measuring skills needed to teach elementary students effectively, or whether they’re gauging math that’s generally taught in higher grades.

Read more here: Hundreds of NC teachers are flunking math exams. It may not be their fault.

Who could have guessed Ratt predicted this when they sang Round and Round. Idiocracy incoming.

Yeah, blaming the test really does say it all about the dismal state of Government-schooling. Are these the kinds of people we want 'teaching' our kids?

That would depend on what they are teaching. I don’t give two shits if an elementary school English or special education teacher struggles with high school math

A very unwise outlook. Do you really want dummies 'Teaching' your children? You should think on it some more.

Bullshit.

When were you ever a teacher?

Snowflake political activists. They're the undoing of Government-schooling. Not only are they dumb, they're also shameful brainwashers. I see it as a form of child abuse. Parents shouldn't subject their children to it. They desperately need more options.

It really is time for parents to consider all other education alternatives for their children. Government-schooling is failing. And it's only gonna get worse.

A quick warning on the article: The teachers attempt to blame the test, rather than take responsibility. Pretty much sums up how far Government-schooling has fallen.

Almost 2,400 North Carolina elementary school teachers have failed the math portion of their licensing exams, which puts their careers in jeopardy, since the state hired Pearson publishing company to give the exam in 2013, according to a report presented to the state Board of Education Wednesday.

Failure rates have spiked as schools around the state struggle to find teachers for the youngest children. Education officials are now echoing what frustrated teachers have been saying: The problem may lie with the exams rather than the educators.

The Board of Education, which last month granted beginning teachers an extra year to pass, plans to review the Pearson exams to see if the tests are actually measuring skills needed to teach elementary students effectively, or whether they’re gauging math that’s generally taught in higher grades.

Read more here: Hundreds of NC teachers are flunking math exams. It may not be their fault.
Never trust the government

Who could have guessed Ratt predicted this when they sang Round and Round. Idiocracy incoming.

Yeah, blaming the test really does say it all about the dismal state of Government-schooling. Are these the kinds of people we want 'teaching' our kids?

That would depend on what they are teaching. I don’t give two shits if an elementary school English or special education teacher struggles with high school math

A very unwise outlook. Do you really want dummies 'Teaching' your children? You should think on it some more.

Has nothing to do with ‘dummies’ teaching our children. I just don’t care if a person has a skill or ability unrelated to the task I require of them.

I don’t expect my doctor to know how to service a furnace.

Did it occur to you folks that it might actually be the test since at least 2 other states are having the same problem?
Are students permitted to blame 'the test' when they fail it? Or do they get a failing grade?

My wife’s cousin is an elementary school teacher; her cousin is the dumbest pos in the solar system.

A company I worked for had an exclusive cellular contract with a teachers union. I disliked dealing with them because they were as dumb as rocks when trying to help them with their phones or service. They held themselves in high esteem.

Here's an old clip of Trump and his kids on Howard Stern, bragging about what a genius one has to be to get into Wharton. Howard cuts them short by asking them to solve a simple math problem. None of the three could solve it. They probably could have solved if Betsy De Voss was there coaching them and they were allowed to use a calculator? Who knows.

Sample liberal math problem.

Carrie has 10 apples and Roberto has 5 apples, why does Carrie have more apples than Roberto?
A) Carrie has gotten all the breaks because of her white heritage.
B) Roberto has come from a long line of immigrants who have worked tirelessly just to provide for his family and can't afford the luxury of apples.
C) Carrie should give 3 apples to Roberto to make life fair for all.
D) Roberto needs to go back and ask for more state benefits as they are not fair and he is entitled to more.
E) Roberto needs to call an attorney to have this great injustice fixed.

Forum List

Back