Government School Nightmare Watch: 2,400 NC Elementary School Teachers Flunk Math Exams...

It really is time for parents to consider all other education alternatives for their children. Government-schooling is failing. And it's only gonna get worse.

A quick warning on the article: The teachers attempt to blame the test, rather than take responsibility. Pretty much sums up how far Government-schooling has fallen.

Almost 2,400 North Carolina elementary school teachers have failed the math portion of their licensing exams, which puts their careers in jeopardy, since the state hired Pearson publishing company to give the exam in 2013, according to a report presented to the state Board of Education Wednesday.

Failure rates have spiked as schools around the state struggle to find teachers for the youngest children. Education officials are now echoing what frustrated teachers have been saying: The problem may lie with the exams rather than the educators.

The Board of Education, which last month granted beginning teachers an extra year to pass, plans to review the Pearson exams to see if the tests are actually measuring skills needed to teach elementary students effectively, or whether they’re gauging math that’s generally taught in higher grades.

Read more here: Hundreds of NC teachers are flunking math exams. It may not be their fault.
North Carolina...Right to Work state.

North Carolina=low property taxes=lower teacher salaries=less qualified teachers.

That equation is not all that hard to understand.

North Carolina=low property taxes=lower teacher salaries=less qualified teachers.

That equation is not all that hard to understand.

Even in the higher property tax areas the schools still suck. The problem is investment not so much day to day year to year cost.

They still are using 15 year old computers and haven't really built too many new schools for the increasing number of kids coming in.

It really is time for parents to consider all other education alternatives for their children. Government-schooling is failing. And it's only gonna get worse.
REPUBLICAN government-schooling you mean!!!
Actually, it is the large liberal utopian cities run by dems for decades that refuse to educate children.
Bullshit!
The GOP controlled everything in NC and when a Democrat became governor the GOP controlled legislature stripped the governor of all power. The NC schools suck because the GOP controls them.
I'm not familiar with the NC issues. What specifically has the GOP done to hurt the schools?

I know in KS, nearly all of the increased funded has been sucked up by administrators and middle management. Our state legislature is full of Rinos that believe throwing money at challenges is the only solution.

Actually, it is the large liberal utopian cities run by dems for decades that refuse to educate children.
Bullshit!
The GOP controlled everything in NC and when a Democrat became governor the GOP controlled legislature stripped the governor of all power. The NC schools suck because the GOP controls them.
I'm not familiar with the NC issues. What specifically has the GOP done to hurt the schools?

I know in KS, nearly all of the increased funded has been sucked up by administrators and middle management. Our state legislature is full of Rinos that believe throwing money at challenges is the only solution.

NC has the same problem with the money that is being spent. Most of the money gets sucked up at the top and the kids get the scraps.

Again the big issue has to deal with lack of real investment. The main example I can think of is my high school. They did an almost completely unnecessary remodeling.

I'm sure that in N.C. anybody that 'matters' sends their kids to private schools. So who cares if the public school kids get quality education.

Who needs educated slaves, anyway?

I'm sure that in N.C. anybody that 'matters' sends their kids to private schools. So who cares if the public school kids get quality education.

It isn't just the people who "matter" anymore it is anybody can even remotely swing it.

My wife and I are cutting every corner we can to send our children to private school.

Nah, Communist/Democrat jerks hijacked the Government School System years ago. They destroy everything they touch. So it's no surprise our schools are in shambles. All other education alternatives need to be considered by parents.

It isn't just the people who "matter" anymore it is anybody can even remotely swing it.

My wife and I are cutting every corner we can to send our children to private school.

We did the same thing for my kids grammar school here in Connecticut, but we live in a town that's is rated among the worst in the state - but I'd bet that the public school teachers in my town would pass that test easily.

For high school went sent our son's to inner city, New Haven 'Magnet' schools. They got a very good education there.

It seems to me that if kids and their parents care enough to send them to a magnet school, the kids have a desire to achieve. The quality of the teachers was great.

It was a fantastic alternative to private school and worked great for us.

We did the same thing for my kids grammar school here in Connecticut, but we live in a town that's is rated among the worst in the state - but I'd bet that the public school teachers in my town would pass that test easily.

For high school went sent our son's to inner city, New Haven 'Magnet' schools. They got a very good education there.

It seems to me that if kids and their parents care enough to send them to a magnet school, the kids have a desire to achieve. The quality of the teachers was great.

Boy, Communists/Democrats sure have destroyed Connecticut. What an awful mess they've created there. Connecticut used to be a great state. I would try and give you some encouragement, but nothing's gonna change there. It's gonna get worse. You really should consider relocating.

Last edited:

A very wise investment. You just don't know who's in the classrooms with your children these days. Government Schooling has become a terrible mess. Most of the 'Teachers' care much more about brainwashing the children on their political agendas, than actually educating them. Most are dumb Snowflake activists. Parents shouldn't subject their children to that. They really should consider all education alternatives.

Last edited:

Boy, Communists/Democrats sure have destroyed Connecticut. What an awful mess they've created there. Connecticut used to be a great state. I would try and give you some encouragement, but nothing's gonna change there. It's gonna get worse. You really should consider relocating.

I love Connecticut (even though I'm from New York). I don't know why you think that there's anything going wrong here in Connecticut.

You're probably just listening to a lot of Republican propaganda - trying to convince people that there is some great calamity when there is none. Our states economy is thriving. Our only problem is, like every other state, lack of sales tax due to eCommerce is hurting the state's budget. The retail industry is collapsing everywhere. That's something that every state has to figure out.

Don't count on flipping Connecticut - it ain't gonna happen by a long shot. (You may continue dreaming if you like).

A very wise investment. You just don't know who's in the classrooms with your children these days. Government Schooling has become a terrible mess. Most of the 'Teachers' care much more about brainwashing the children on their political agendas, than actually educating them. Most are dumb Snowflake activists. Parents shouldn't subject their children to that. They really should consider all education alternatives.

NC is getting huge investments from Amazon, Google, and Red Hat to name a few.

This is why I think that the state should lease out the schools to them and give the parents of kids a voucher to let them choose which school they want to send them to.

The companies have the supplies to upgrade the schools and the tax cuts stay in the states.

...Most of the 'Teachers' care much more about brainwashing the children on their political agendas, than actually educating them. .....

Bullshit.
You'll have to excuse Dshrute...he only says what he's been told to say....if he'd actually paid attention, he would have noticed that NC teachers are in a Red state and it's a right to work state.

Forum List

Back