Government to Shut Down Legal Businesses for Political Reasons

This piece should worry everyone. If it is true, it is a political attack of epic portions. The regulatory force of government is frightening and something every American must be aware of.

Will they come after YOUR business next?

Read story @ Doug Ross @ Journal: OPERATION CHOKE POINT: Shutting Down Perfectly Legal Businesses for Political Reasons

And, there's this: Unions for Big Businesses: Why the NLRB is attacking America's franchises @ Unions for Big Businesses | National Review Online

More speculation than you could shake a stick at.

You can add "if this is really a sinister plot, and we have no evidence to that effect"… to any story.

"we have no evidence" right after speculation means "I'm a jackass, not a journalist"….

Well, since businesses are now 'persons' legally, predatory businesses can be subject to criminal laws, and executed if necessary.

This piece should worry everyone. If it is true, it is a political attack of epic portions. The regulatory force of government is frightening and something every American must be aware of.

Read story @ Doug Ross @ Journal: OPERATION CHOKE POINT: Shutting Down Perfectly Legal Businesses for Political Reasons

And, there's this: Unions for Big Businesses: Why the NLRB is attacking America's franchises @ Unions for Big Businesses | National Review Online

Haven't we already been over this?

No, we haven't. The reason I know this is because you aren't lying in a bleeding pile of rags for trying to defend the government when they admit they are wrong.

Fraudulent and predatory businesses should be shut down.

And that's what this is about. No legitimate business will go under.

What Do Chase Bank, Condoms, The Tea Party, And Petty Fraud Have In Common?

Then you should be able to show me a list of charges against those businesses that were actually filed in court. After you do that, feel free to show me the guilty verdicts and/or convictions as a result of those charges.

Alternatively, you could go hide away because you are an incompetent hack that unilaterally defends a government program that the government shut down because it was wrong.

Personally, I hope you keep trying to defend the indefensible, it exposes you to massive ridicule, something that I love to heap upon idiots.

But banks, payment processing firms and a relatively new lobbying group called the Third Party Payment Processors Association have been going wild on Capitol Hill in recent months over a pretty conventional law enforcement effort with a salacious name: Operation Choke Point. The project attempts to curb money laundering by scrutinizing banks and payment processors that facilitate transactions with illegal businesses -- petty fraudsters running payday lending scams, sham telemarketing operations and other shady groups.

It's Money Laundering 101, but the program's detractors have portrayed it as a vicious government effort to dictate what kinds of companies banks can do business with.

The most extreme element of the movement comes from the anonymous, conspiratorial website stopthechoke.com, a site that features an image of President Barack Obama as Godzilla "destroying America" and warns that guns, ammunition, pharmaceuticals and other whole industries may soon be eliminated. The site has developed a bit of a following on Facebook, with more than 37,000 likes.

That was incredibly wrong. If this is actually a criminal enterprise, why the fuck hasn't the government actually filed charges? Why the fuck did they admit they were wrong?

Please, argue with me so I can shove your face in the filth that the government is.

Congress has recessed for the rest of the summer. Get it right, it ain't about "government", it's about fascism. The ball is in Barry Hussein's court.

More speculation than you could shake a stick at.

You can add "if this is really a sinister plot, and we have no evidence to that effect"… to any story.

"we have no evidence" right after speculation means "I'm a jackass, not a journalist"….

Damn, an idiot debunks himself. Incredible how you managed that.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-point-forces-bank-to-dump-gun-stor/?page=all

Well, since businesses are now 'persons' legally, predatory businesses can be subject to criminal laws, and executed if necessary.

Businesses have always been subject to criminal laws, oh he who always puts his foot in his mouth.

By the way, feel free to list all the criminal charges filed during Operation Choke Point.

Businesses have always been subject to criminal laws, oh he who always puts his foot in his mouth.

By the way, feel free to list all the criminal charges filed during Operation Choke Point.

And you walked right into it, QWB, yet again. Of course businesses are subject to criminal laws, and that is where the OP falls in not making its affirmation and you walk blindly into the pit behind it.

By the way, list all the ways that businesses are being persecuted 'politically.'

And you walked right into it, QWB, yet again. Of course businesses are subject to criminal laws, and that is where the OP falls in not making its affirmation and you walk blindly into the pit behind it.

By the way, list all the ways that businesses are being persecuted 'politically.'

Operation Choke point is not using criminal law to make a case against anyone, it is using the power of the government to target businesses the government does not agree with.

Feel free to prove me wrong by showing all the criminal charges filed as a result of the operation the government admitted wasn't following the law. On the other hand, you could just admit I am right, this time.

Operation Choke point is not using criminal law to make a case against anyone, it is using the power of the government to target businesses the government does not agree with.

Feel free to prove me wrong by showing all the criminal charges filed as a result of the operation the government admitted wasn't following the law. On the other hand, you could just admit I am right, this time.

I don't have to prove your opinion wrong, because you have given no evidence that it or the OP are right.

The far right reactionaries think their opinions are facts; hint: they are not.

Waiting for you to prove the OP but your opinion is not fact.

Get to work.

Exactly, right after the dept of justice receives a conviction and a judge shuts their doors. No fucking bureaucrat has the authority with out due process.

Exactly, right after the dept of justice receives a conviction and a judge shuts their doors. No fucking bureaucrat has the authority with out due process.

Your last sentence is not clear.

Yes, government officials working within regulations and rules can act in ways to temporarily shut doors if the potential harm outweighs the business's right to be open.

Yes, government officials working within regulations and rules can act in ways to temporarily shut doors if the potential harm outweighs the business's right to be open.

You missed the point again there ya senile old bastard, do you not know the difference between temporarily closed and shut down, which denotes permanence. But they usually have to have a court order to even close them for a short time.

Last edited:

I don't have to prove your opinion wrong, because you have given no evidence that it or the OP are right.

The far right reactionaries think their opinions are facts; hint: they are not.

Waiting for you to prove the OP but your opinion is not fact.

Get to work.

I have no obligation to prove the OP is right, I already proved that Operation Choke Point is wrong. Read the thread, especially the part where the government admitted they were wrong for attacking legal businesses, or forever confess that facts don't mean anything to you as long as you can defend Democrats.

Last edited:

Really? Show me the court decisions that back you up on that.

You missed the point again there ya senile old bastard, do you not know the difference between temporarily closed and shut down, which denotes permanence. But they usually have to have a court order to even close them for a short time.

Age and cunning go before youth's immaturity and rashness. :lol:

Show the permanence of the shut downs: quantify them and then qualify them.

Only then do you have a point.

You have not proved the operation wrong in any way whatsoever.

The burden of proof remains on you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back