Goya Foods CEO warns we’re on the precipice of a global food crisis

Russia is not the only source of fertilizer in the world

America can produce our own fertilizer without russia
For about 47.83 years at least, that's when all of our potassium will be mined out.

Looked up all the data on phosphorus. The US has 1.1 billion metric tons of phosphorus in reserves. The US - 23 million tons of phosphorus each year. Most of it is used in herbicides. Most of the remainder is used in fertilizers. It has many other uses. At this rate we will run out of phosphorus in 47.83 years. Morocco has 70% of all the phosphorus in the world. Unless they are linked with Russia I don't know why Russia has such a stronghold on the mineral. The other two elements that go into fertilizers are nitrogen which is plentiful all over the world is very common, and potassium which is the seventh most common element in the world most of our potassium comes from Canada. Anyone and everyone can produce nitrogen, it can be made from natural gas or taking directly out of the atmosphere. So I don't see why any of these elements are a problem. Maybe this CEO just wants to raise prices artificially.
So explain why these prices went through the roof and farmers are complaining about shortages then...........

This is actually a place where Ukraine matters.

“The biggest issue here is that all of these fertilizers are traded at the global level and impacted by supply and demand across the globe, similar to commodities,” Roberts said. “Therefore, even if we have access to fertilizers, the price we will be forced to pay will be dictated by global supply, demand and prices.”

Canada produces about a third of the world’s potash, making it the No. 1 global producer. The ongoing military conflict in Ukraine, and its attendant economic sanctions, may hobble potash exports from the world’s second-largest producer: Russia.

Scott Stiles, extension economist for the Division of Agriculture, said the Russia-Ukraine situation will likely affect fertilizer prices in at least one of several ways.

So explain why these prices went through the roof and farmers are complaining about shortages then...........

“The biggest issue here is that all of these fertilizers are traded at the global level and impacted by supply and demand across the globe, similar to commodities,” Roberts said. “Therefore, even if we have access to fertilizers, the price we will be forced to pay will be dictated by global supply, demand and prices.”

Canada produces about a third of the world’s potash, making it the No. 1 global producer. The ongoing military conflict in Ukraine, and its attendant economic sanctions, may hobble potash exports from the world’s second-largest producer: Russia.

Scott Stiles, extension economist for the Division of Agriculture, said the Russia-Ukraine situation will likely affect fertilizer prices in at least one of several ways.
It's called a world market commodity.

I am sure you do yet we had some great parties in the summer of 2020.
As you hid in your home...............nice......

Some of us worked ..........Imagine a world that didn't hide from a high survival rate virus.........

All that hiding gave us ..................the WORST STATS IN THE WORLD..........Nice job

Are you trying to suggest that we should ignore the plight of the ukrainians and let Russia have its way with them ? I'm sorry the West can't do that. This is just as bad as Germany was was Hitler.

Looked up all the data on phosphorus. The US has 1.1 billion metric tons of phosphorus in reserves. The US - 23 million tons of phosphorus each year. Most of it is used in herbicides. Most of the remainder is used in fertilizers. It has many other uses. At this rate we will run out of phosphorus in 47.83 years. Morocco has 70% of all the phosphorus in the world. Unless they are linked with Russia I don't know why Russia has such a stronghold on the mineral. The other two elements that go into fertilizers are nitrogen which is plentiful all over the world is very common, and potassium which is the seventh most common element in the world most of our potassium comes from Canada. Anyone and everyone can produce nitrogen, it can be made from natural gas or taking directly out of the atmosphere. So I don't see why any of these elements are a problem. Maybe this CEO just wants to raise prices artificially.
It bothers the globalists to think that America can be self sufficient in anything

their dream of nirvana is a Coke commercial from 1971

Are you trying to suggest that we should ignore the plight of the ukrainians and let Russia have its way with them ? I'm sorry the West can't do that. This is just as bad as Germany was was Hitler.
On other threads I"ve ben bitch slapping Russians.........lol

I am commenting on WHY WE HAVE SHORTAGES............and immediately you go YOU MUST BE RUSSIAN

You TDS Clowns are PROGRAMMED.............short circuits

This is causing what's coming............and added to the lock downs that only screwed us and NOTHING MORE..........they did NOTHING.......even the WHO has said it.

It bothers the globalists to think that America can be self sufficient in anything

And it all began February 21st 1972. Richard m Nixon opened up China for trade with the world and here we are today. No one could have foreseen this and it was The logical next step for the human race. We will no doubt get to the brink of disaster before we all start working together and save ourselves as we're supposed to. But it's always at the brink, just an idiosyncrasy of human nature. All those steps, denial, ignore, etc. Finally ending in acceptance.

Trump was spot on................Taking on the world and trying to restore our production. Being dependent on others for products is a Clear and present danger to our country.

Europe begging for gas is a bill board sign on why it shouldn't be done.

And it all began February 21st 1972. Richard m Nixon opened up China for trade with the world and here we are today. No one could have foreseen this and it was The logical next step for the human race. We will no doubt get to the brink of disaster before we all start working together and save ourselves as we're supposed to. But it's always at the brink, just an idiosyncrasy of human nature. All those steps, denial, ignore, etc. Finally ending in acceptance.
Nixon started the ball rolling toward world trade with china

but with him and Kissinger the relationship was only diplomatic

and to do so they threw Taiwan under the bus

As you hid in your home...............nice......

Some of us worked ..........Imagine a world that didn't hide from a high survival rate virus.........

All that hiding gave us ..................the WORST STATS IN THE WORLD..........Nice job

The campgrounds I manage at night on the Elk River. I had a great year in 2020 made lots of money. I manage to do well no matter who is president or any economic conditions. I am sorry you voted for Trump and got screwed.

The campgrounds I manage at night on the Elk River. I had a great year in 2020 made lots of money. I manage to do well no matter who is president or any economic conditions. I am sorry you voted for Trump and got screwed.
So in your imaginary world the prices of everything didn't go up...........wow..........great.

I bitch at the inflation and shortages as a RESULT OF LOCK DOWNS...........STUPIDITY...and by design .

Not long from now they will declare a Recession as our GDP is dropping.........and not stopping the drop.

Stop the Drop............sounds like our training about working at heights. lol

Trump was spot on................Taking on the world and trying to restore our production. Being dependent on others for products is a Clear and present danger to our country.

Europe begging for gas is a bill board sign on why it shouldn't be done.
Trump like all the other rich people has benefited greatly from globalization. America has become a nation of billionaires instead of millionaires. They didn't care that it made the middle class suffer, and they still don't.

Trump like all the other rich people has benefited greatly from globalization. America has become a nation of billionaires instead of millionaires. They didn't care that it made the middle class suffer, and they still don't.
And yet the economy roaring helps small people and small companies............It was small Frackers that ramped up oil production.........Not the big dogs.

Forum List

Back