Grand Juries should NOT be comprised of all DC democrats. We need a new law.... (Poll)

Do we need a law that juries need to be comprised of politically balanced jurors?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
No one can ever get rid of all their bias, its who we are.
I like one poster's suggestion to eliminate Grand Juries.
Honest people can and do behave honestly. Especially when conducting their civil duties.

Going on about how you believe it will be unfair only highlights the fact that you know you would not be.
Thankfully, not even most people are as dishonest as yourself.

And the Deep Staters know that. Their hope is to get Trump tied up with nonsense charges and hope enough gullible and ill-informed Americans will not know the details - only that Orange Man did something baaaaad, amd won’t vote for him.
Ill informed like yourself? Interesting.
Every indictment is publicly available. I suggest you find them and read them. Not one of them mentions an “orange man”.

Ill informed like yourself? Interesting.
Every indictment is publicly available. I suggest you find them and read them. Not one of them mentions an “orange man”.
That’s how you libs have been referring to him. Bunch of childish idiots.

Why just DC? How about juries in deep red states? Who decides which side of a political line is a bias?

Either way…bad idea. This is deliberately politicizing our judicial system at its most important point: a trial by an independent jury. If they feel they can’t get a fair trial they can always ask for a different venue.

Either way, it is a big problem and something clearly needs to be fixed.
Grand juries should not hear just the prosecution, and there should be someone pointing out deliberate lies.
For example, I am far left, progressive, liberal, but never would have charged Trump.
Clearly Jack Smith is a lying criminal, and the indictments entirely corrupt.

Then Republicans shouldn't commit crimes in DC.

The logic there is that if you exclude Democrats, you should also exclude Republicans.

I am further left, progressive, liberal then you are, but clearly the indictments as well as the impeachments against Trump were all totally illegal, made up, and intended to prevent elections.

We don’t have any political prisoners in solitary that I’m aware of. We do, however, have a disturbing number of youth put in solitary.

We still have over half a million in jail from the War on Drugs, and that is totally illegal.

Honest people can and do behave honestly. Especially when conducting their civil duties.

Going on about how you believe it will be unfair only highlights the fact that you know you would not be.
Thankfully, not even most people are as dishonest as yourself.

Grand juries traditionally allow prosecutors to lie.
So something has to change with that "ham sandwich".
Perhaps the defense needs to be represented, or transcripts later given to the defense at least.
Maybe an independent review committee should listen in?

Indictments mean nothing when they’re handed down by the Left’s attack dog. He even went after our Republican Governor, which the SCOTUS overturned.
Read the indictments or be exactly who you lamented were uninformed. :rolleyes:

Grand juries traditionally allow prosecutors to lie.
So something has to change with that "ham sandwich".
Perhaps the defense needs to be represented, or transcripts later given to the defense at least.
Maybe an independent review committee should listen in?
A GJ proceeding is structured to meet its purpose. You obviously don’t understand what that is.

We still have over half a million in jail from the War on Drugs, and that is totally illegal.
There are a lot of problems with our prison system….not tbe least of which is that it generates profits, the Prison-Industrial Complex.

Either way, it is a big problem and something clearly needs to be fixed.
Grand juries should not hear just the prosecution, and there should be someone pointing out deliberate lies.
For example, I am far left, progressive, liberal, but never would have charged Trump.
Clearly Jack Smith is a lying criminal, and the indictments entirely corrupt.
The main thing a grand jury does is determine if there is probable cause to believe a person may have committed a crime and if the evidence is enough to warrant an indictment.

It’s interesting. I never really thought about Grand Juries before. Apparently the target of the Grand Jury can request to present his side of things as well.

There are a lot of problems with our prison system….not tbe least of which is that it generates profits, the Prison-Industrial Complex.
True

But still does not make it ilegal

Rigby5 is a total fool who thinks problems or disagreement equals ILLEGAL

The main thing a grand jury does is determine if there is probable cause to believe a person may have committed a crime and if the evidence is enough to warrant an indictment.

It’s interesting. I never really thought about Grand Juries before. Apparently the target of the Grand Jury can request to present his side of things as well.

It’s very lopsided and unfair. The prosecutor charging the person with a crime (like Daniel Penney) presents his side to the jury, using all his skills and knowledge gained in law school and legal work - and the defendant cannot have any legal defense but only speak for himself.

IOW, trained and practiced lawyer presents one side. Layman defendant presents the other.

Forum List

Back