Grand Juries should NOT be comprised of all DC democrats. We need a new law.... (Poll)

Do we need a law that juries need to be comprised of politically balanced jurors?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
What do you mean so few people? That’s just a lie that brainwashed leftists tell themselves - that people who disagree with them are outliers.

News flash, prick: The MAJORITY of this country disapprove of Biden! They see the double standards and the weaponized DOJ and FBI - and they want to put your ilk out of power.
Perhaps the majority at Proud Boys and KKK meetings disapprove of biden, but it's not that way outside of your racist, conspiracy theory bubble.

Trump broke no laws, dirtbag. They hated Trump because he promised to drain the swamp. That means them. They're the law breakers.
You should contact all those judges now, so they won't believe all the evidence showing otherwise.

Perhaps the majority at Proud Boys and KKK meetings disapprove of biden, but it's not that way outside of your racist, conspiracy theory bubble.
The Proud boys are not racists, asshole. The leader is half black and half Hispanic.

Talk about brainwashed.

That just side steppes my statement tough.

You made the contention that having a more diverse jury effects outcomes for those that are under represented. His point was that the outcomes were worse for a different under represented group. You directly reinforced his point.

An allegory is meaningless, particularly when it is blatantly not true from the onset -

60% white. Of course 95% anything will be somewhat of an exaggeration but we went from 5% other to 40% is an 800% increase. And, as I said, it is not even the largest factor - sex is.

Well, 2 things. I didn't make the allegation...Duke Law School did. My point is that juries are never quite the pool of peers and when it convicts a black guy; the right wing loons are strangely silent. When that isn't the case and a white guy gets convicted...you guys are outraged.

Secondly

You guys like to compare the BLM protesters as being on a par with the 1/6 insurrectionists. So can we just magically categorize all of the 2020 rioters as political prisoners now?

Of course you are right. If you don't like being called racist, then quit being so racist.
Oh stop being such an idiot. Democrats have called everyone a racist for so many years that the word is meaningless.

Note: You know that the Dem you’re arguing with has no defense when she defaults to the old racist card.

1. Independents are supposedly politically neutral. They are in automatically.
2. Who tosses jurors in a Grand Jury? ANS: no one
3. The Grand Jury selection system is broken. Fix it.
1. No they aren’t, they just don’t belong to a party.
2. The only thing a Grand Jury does is review the evidence if it is enough to press charges. There is no trial, no determination of guilt or innocence.
3. It is?

We cannot have a fair trial when the DC juries (and Grand Juries) are comprised of all democrats.

I hope someone appeals to higher courts to ensure that juries (and Grande Juries) are comprised of politically balanced juries.

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.”
It should actually be more than that. DC isn’t a state so they shouldn’t have a AG or any grand juries outside of city functions. They should have the weakest AG in the nation they aren’t a part of.

Set up a rotation their AG needs to present cases to on a federal level. They aren’t a state and should not have that power. Present your case to Florida, Texas, Arkansas, whatever state is next for dealing with your DC bullshit. An actual state holds that power, DC isn’t one of them.

Well, 2 things. I didn't make the allegation...Duke Law School did.
No, you did. Don't run from your own assertions as they apply to the OP. You used Duke as evidence.

My point is that juries are never quite the pool of peers and when it convicts a black guy; the right wing loons are strangely silent. When that isn't the case and a white guy gets convicted...you guys are outraged.
"Us' guys. I am arguing in this very thread that the OP is incorrect. Mayhap your partisan glasses are malfunctioning.
Secondly

You guys like to compare the BLM protesters as being on a par with the 1/6 insurrectionists. So can we just magically categorize all of the 2020 rioters as political prisoners now?
No we cant because the Jan 6th rioters are not political prisoners. There goes your partisan glasses.

I see you utterly avoided addressing the point to use some baseless whataboutism argument because I am a trumpster. Problem being I am not a trumpster so none of these 'points' makes any sense for the basic point I made - your assertion that representation leads to unfair outcomes SUPPORTS the OP's assertion that political representation is a problem. Why would you post in opposition to the OP, as I am sure you are, with assertions that support it. It is a basic logical fuckup.

I figured this would be pointless to point out, anything and everything just must be a black and white issue for partisans.

No, you did. Don't run from your own assertions as they apply to the OP. You used Duke as evidence.
The statistics came from Duke. Not me.
"Us' guys. I am arguing in this very thread that the OP is incorrect. Mayhap your partisan glasses are malfunctioning.
Not sure who Mayhap is.
No we cant because the Jan 6th rioters are not political prisoners. There goes your partisan glasses.
No. The OP--the guy you agree with--said that they are.

There is a difference between street criminals and political prisoners.
So perhaps you should debate the guy you agree with.

I see you utterly avoided addressing the point to use some baseless whataboutism argument because I am a trumpster. Problem being I am not a trumpster so none of these 'points' makes any sense for the basic point I made - your assertion that representation leads to unfair outcomes SUPPORTS the OP's assertion that political representation is a problem. Why would you post in opposition to the OP, as I am sure you are, with assertions that support it. It is a basic logical fuckup.

I figured this would be pointless to point out, anything and everything just must be a black and white issue for partisans.
I'm sorry you find my pointing out the hypocrisy on the right inconvenient.

Forum List

Back