🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

graphic and heart breaking

Your article states that: "Turkey has accepted more than two million refugees since 2011." And the Reuters article reports that tens of thousands of refugees made their way to Turkey's coast this summer. Father of drowned Syrian toddlers prepares to take bodies home It seems clear that a large number of refugees are still able to enter Turkey.

Greece is a member of the EU and as such is part of the Schengen Agreement which allows free travel (no border controls) to other EU member countries. By reaching Greece refugees believe that they will be able to travel on to a country that will provide them with asylum and perhaps some measure of financial assistance. Greece is really nothing more than a stepping stone to more prosperous European countries.

Yes, since 2011, but it says that they aren't taking them right now . . .

“We are of the opinion that there isn’t a humanitarian tragedy there,” Mr Kurtulmus told CNN-Turk television. “Our priority is for them to remain within their border.”

The development comes as Kurdish fighters closed in on the outskirts of Tal Abyad, one of the strategic border towns held by Isis, which provides a vital supply line from Turkey to Raqqa, Isis’ stronghold in Syria.

"Our priority....."
Your article states that: "Turkey has accepted more than two million refugees since 2011." And the Reuters article reports that tens of thousands of refugees made their way to Turkey's coast this summer. Father of drowned Syrian toddlers prepares to take bodies home It seems clear that a large number of refugees are still able to enter Turkey.

Greece is a member of the EU and as such is part of the Schengen Agreement which allows free travel (no border controls) to other EU member countries. By reaching Greece refugees believe that they will be able to travel on to a country that will provide them with asylum and perhaps some measure of financial assistance. Greece is really nothing more than a stepping stone to more prosperous European countries.

“We are of the opinion that there isn’t a humanitarian tragedy there,” Mr Kurtulmus told CNN-Turk television. “Our priority is for them to remain within their border.”

The development comes as Kurdish fighters closed in on the outskirts of Tal Abyad, one of the strategic border towns held by Isis, which provides a vital supply line from Turkey to Raqqa, Isis’ stronghold in Syria.

Syria and Turkey share a 900 kilometer border. The Turks are hoping to build an 8 kilometer wall but that leaves the other 892 kilometers open and impossible to keep everyone out.

Okay, well I don't see what that has to do with the humanitarian crisis occurring in Syria. I'm sure the Turks are overwhelmed with asylum seeking refugees right about now. The original argument was that a poster assumed that these people who died were trying to "escape from Turkey." That is what he claimed. I'm saying, no, these people are trying to escape from Syria. If Turkey was a layover for them (since one of their officials is quoted as saying they are currently not accepting refugees into the country because they aren't recognizing them as "asylum seekers"), then it still is not Turkey they are trying to escape.

Life for Syrians in Turkey is very difficult and many want to leave Turkey to find something better:

"Unable to work and striving to make ends meet on stipends of just 85 Turkish lira ($30) a month for each person in the camp, both Ahmad and Khaled left in search of work. "A lot of people work for nothing," said Khaled. "Doctors and engineers work in construction."

Syrian refugees are not granted special work permits in Turkey, therefore, many work illegally and earn lower wages than their Turkish counterparts. "Women work, even the children work," he said. "Life is too expensive. If we want to live, all of us need to work."

According to the men, most Syrian refugees work in construction. "Most people work for nothing," said Ahmed. "Turkish people made 80 lira ($27) and they gave us 20 ($6.80)... We are going to Europe, and wherever we arrive, we will stay. We just want to go out far away from here.""

'Running from death': Refugees pack streets of Turkey

It's fair to say that many Syrians want to "escape" Turkey to find something better in the EU.

Okay look, the person I was addressing originally is a hateful person apparently. He was trying to make it sound as if these people are CHOOSING to risk their lives and the lives of their families. That is certainly NOT the case. It's almost as if some don't want to recognize these people as human beings!

Shouldn't countries in the Middle East be doing more to help the Syrians?

"As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries -- Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain -- have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter..."

"Moreover, these countries aren't totally innocent bystanders. To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait have invested in the Syrian conflict, playing a conspicuous role in funding and arming a constellation of rebel and Islamist factions fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

The Arab world’s wealthiest nations are doing next to nothing for Syria’s refugees

Do the countries listed in this article view the Syrians as human beings? It would seem that they don't.

"Our priority....."

Syria and Turkey share a 900 kilometer border. The Turks are hoping to build an 8 kilometer wall but that leaves the other 892 kilometers open and impossible to keep everyone out.

Okay, well I don't see what that has to do with the humanitarian crisis occurring in Syria. I'm sure the Turks are overwhelmed with asylum seeking refugees right about now. The original argument was that a poster assumed that these people who died were trying to "escape from Turkey." That is what he claimed. I'm saying, no, these people are trying to escape from Syria. If Turkey was a layover for them (since one of their officials is quoted as saying they are currently not accepting refugees into the country because they aren't recognizing them as "asylum seekers"), then it still is not Turkey they are trying to escape.

Life for Syrians in Turkey is very difficult and many want to leave Turkey to find something better:

"Unable to work and striving to make ends meet on stipends of just 85 Turkish lira ($30) a month for each person in the camp, both Ahmad and Khaled left in search of work. "A lot of people work for nothing," said Khaled. "Doctors and engineers work in construction."

Syrian refugees are not granted special work permits in Turkey, therefore, many work illegally and earn lower wages than their Turkish counterparts. "Women work, even the children work," he said. "Life is too expensive. If we want to live, all of us need to work."

According to the men, most Syrian refugees work in construction. "Most people work for nothing," said Ahmed. "Turkish people made 80 lira ($27) and they gave us 20 ($6.80)... We are going to Europe, and wherever we arrive, we will stay. We just want to go out far away from here.""

It's fair to say that many Syrians want to "escape" Turkey to find something better in the EU.

Okay look, the person I was addressing originally is a hateful person apparently. He was trying to make it sound as if these people are CHOOSING to risk their lives and the lives of their families. That is certainly NOT the case. It's almost as if some don't want to recognize these people as human beings!

Shouldn't countries in the Middle East be doing more to help the Syrians?

"As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries -- Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain -- have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter..."

"Moreover, these countries aren't totally innocent bystanders. To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait have invested in the Syrian conflict, playing a conspicuous role in funding and arming a constellation of rebel and Islamist factions fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

The Arab world’s wealthiest nations are doing next to nothing for Syria’s refugees

Do the countries listed in this article view the Syrians as human beings? It would seem that they don't.

Yes, and I acknowledged that much just a page or so ago when I asked why they aren't fighting these ISIS guys more effectively. SOMEBODY is funding this operation.

"Our priority....."

The person you were addressing took pains to point out that they had already left Syria and were in a safe country, especially in Turkey's west far from the ISIS and even Kurdish conflicts in the east. The person you were addressing also pointed out that they put the 3-year old child on a rubber dinghy on a perilous journey without even a life jacket, and so endangering the life of the child far more than remaining on a heavily-touristed coast.

I find it more than strange that having looked at a map, you continued to insist that they had set off from the Syrian coast sailed about 700 kilometers to reach the island of Kos, bypassing Rhodos and Cyprus, a Schengen member about 100 kilometers away.

Sorry, I am not hateful, although I admit to not suffering fools gladly.

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the conservatives whine and cry over an unwanted embryo or fetus, yet when actual alive children are dying, they don't give two fucks? Anyone???

I must admit I do find it odd that you whine and cry over 2 small boys yet consider the millions slaughtered to be just "unwanted embryo(s) or fetus(es)."

You can't understand why born babies with families who care about them would take precedence over unborn ones whose mother's don't even want to birth them? Figures. This is typical conservative backwards thinking. An embryo is NOT a child.

:lol: The millions of discarded embryos were not cats and dogs but rather HUMAN and pretending they were undeserving of consideration or societal protection is not just a matter of misguided convenience, it's morally repugnant.

Last edited:
Ahem, you are the dumbass here. Those people were from Syria, heading to Greece when their boat capsized and their bodies washed up on the shores of Turkey. :) Get your facts straight before you make yourself look foolish next time. Just trying to help you. ;)
Sure, they took a boat from Syria, sailed 100s of miles along the Turkish coast and sank just before they got to Greece. It's very fashionable these since it's so much easier than going across Turkey.

Idiot!
besides that it the article clearly stated that they took off from a place in Turkey

Oh really??? Lol. Why don't you quote where it says that in the article I posted please. :D

really i cant believe it

--LOL

Those people were escaping from Syria and NOT from Turkey. They were heading to Greece because Turkey isn't taking any asylum seekers. They are not recognizing that there is a "humanitarian crisis" as a direct quote from a Turkish official. Now, if they stopped off in Turkey to take a boat to Syria, that still does not mean they are trying to escape from TURKEY as the other poster said. They are trying to escape from SYRIA and cannot stay in Turkey.

So it's settled. The Kurdis somehow made it to Turkey and then boarded a small boat (which capsized) bound for Greece. The question remains why Greece? There are dozens of Arab-speaking countries in the Mideast who share the Kurdi family's culture. Why Europe? What is so foul about the Arab/Muslim World that people risk EVERYTHING to get out and once out do they simply establish the same foulness in the country that embraces them?

I don't know of any solutions to this problem. What is going to happen to all of these people?
I help a lot unfortunate people here in Florida and California for decades and wounded veterans in last 8 years.
This refugee situation bleed my heart and I feel helpless. I'm not sure how can I help or others how to do ease the situation.
Been trying to get a hold of my friend that works for UN stationed in Jordan since yesterday but no avail. I will keep trying as soon as I hear from him I will update you ChrisL.
As far as I know UN only react after something happened not before it happen.
ChrisL.....
I was able to get a hold of my friend last night and this is what he told me.
There are UN personnel in Europe but only as an observer and he doesn't know how many. They have not yet been officially ask to get involve because the refugee situation is politically volatile and mobile. The refugees in Jordan was a lot easier to take over and control b/c all they need is food and shelter and stationary.
Current crisis are mobile not sure where they end up. Not sure if Germany will even ask for assistance bc sometimes it's a matter of pride.
He does not have any contact or any kind communications with US govt. but he is 100% sure that Obama administration are looking into this crisis. He will NOT be surprise if US will take 50k minimum of these refugees.

Sure, they took a boat from Syria, sailed 100s of miles along the Turkish coast and sank just before they got to Greece. It's very fashionable these since it's so much easier than going across Turkey.

Idiot!
besides that it the article clearly stated that they took off from a place in Turkey

Oh really??? Lol. Why don't you quote where it says that in the article I posted please. :D

really i cant believe it

--LOL

Those people were escaping from Syria and NOT from Turkey. They were heading to Greece because Turkey isn't taking any asylum seekers. They are not recognizing that there is a "humanitarian crisis" as a direct quote from a Turkish official. Now, if they stopped off in Turkey to take a boat to Syria, that still does not mean they are trying to escape from TURKEY as the other poster said. They are trying to escape from SYRIA and cannot stay in Turkey.

So it's settled. The Kurdis somehow made it to Turkey and then boarded a small boat (which capsized) bound for Greece. The question remains why Greece? There are dozens of Arab-speaking countries in the Mideast who share the Kurdi family's culture. Why Europe? What is so foul about the Arab/Muslim World that people risk EVERYTHING to get out and once out do they simply establish the same foulness in the country that embraces them?

Maybe they want to go somewhere where they can feel safe and have a future and be able to support their families?

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that the conservatives whine and cry over an unwanted embryo or fetus, yet when actual alive children are dying, they don't give two fucks? Anyone???

I must admit I do find it odd that you whine and cry over 2 small boys yet consider the millions slaughtered to be just "unwanted embryo(s) or fetus(es)."

You can't understand why born babies with families who care about them would take precedence over unborn ones whose mother's don't even want to birth them? Figures. This is typical conservative backwards thinking. An embryo is NOT a child.

:lol: The millions of discarded embryos were not cats and dogs but rather HUMAN and pretending they were undeserving of consideration or societal protection is not just a matter of misguided convenience, it's morally repugnant.

Embryos are not children either. They are nothing but a fertilized egg.

I don't know of any solutions to this problem. What is going to happen to all of these people?
I help a lot unfortunate people here in Florida and California for decades and wounded veterans in last 8 years.
This refugee situation bleed my heart and I feel helpless. I'm not sure how can I help or others how to do ease the situation.
Been trying to get a hold of my friend that works for UN stationed in Jordan since yesterday but no avail. I will keep trying as soon as I hear from him I will update you ChrisL.
As far as I know UN only react after something happened not before it happen.
ChrisL.....
I was able to get a hold of my friend last night and this is what he told me.
There are UN personnel in Europe but only as an observer and he doesn't know how many. They have not yet been officially ask to get involve because the refugee situation is politically volatile and mobile. The refugees in Jordan was a lot easier to take over and control b/c all they need is food and shelter and stationary.
Current crisis are mobile not sure where they end up. Not sure if Germany will even ask for assistance bc sometimes it's a matter of pride.
He does not have any contact or any kind communications with US govt. but he is 100% sure that Obama administration are looking into this crisis. He will NOT be surprise if US will take 50k minimum of these refugees.

Thank you for that update. I don't know what we are going to do with all of those people. Our economy and job market is not that great right now. We are still in a recovery phase from our recent recession and good paying full time jobs are scarce and the prices for everything keep rising.

The point remains they had escaped the turmoil in Syria and had made it to Turkey but decided to board a small boat there and try to cross the sea with 2 young boys. The fact that they were illegally in Turkey cannot have been a factor because they would also have been illegal in Greece. No, they were running from something foul that permeates the Arab/Muslim World and were willing to risk everything to do so.

Maybe they want to go somewhere where they can feel safe and have a future and be able to support their families?

Yeah ... I guess that's where I'm going with this. The Kurdi family had escaped the turmoil at home but risked all for a chance at a better life in the West, perhaps because a better life just isn't available in the Arab/Muslim Mideast.

Last edited:
God HELP anyone you try to teach anything to. You can't even read!!! Lol! :lol:

Should I explain it AGAIN for you? These people were NOT in Turkey. Their bodies washed up on the shores of Turkey as they were on their way to GrL
Dingbat irony! How do people actually get this stupid?!

The point remains they had escaped the turmoil in Syria and had made it to Turkey but decided to board a small boat there and try to cross the sea with 2 young boys. The fact that they were illegally in Turkey cannot have been a factor because they would also have been illegal in Greece. No, they were running from something foul that permeates the Arab/Muslim World and were willing to risk everything to do so.

really i cant believe it

--LOL

Yeah ... I guess that's where I'm going with this. The Kurdi family had escaped the turmoil at home but risked all for a chance at a better life in the West, perhaps because a better life just isn't available in the Arab/Muslim Mideast.

Maybe they had been "set up" in Greece. Who knows? We really don't know.

Should I explain it AGAIN for you? These people were NOT in Turkey. Their bodies washed up on the shores of Turkey as they were on their way to GrL

You are the stupid one who thinks they are trying to escape the Turks. They are trying to escape the WAR in Syria, meat head.

You are the stupid one who thinks they are trying to escape the Turks. They are trying to escape the WAR in Syria, meat head.
They had escaped the war in Syria. THEY WERE IN TURKEY FFS!!!

Turkey and Syria are not the same countries.

Is your problem genetic or simply borne of ignorance? Neither are that unusual, but you've really pushed the limits.

Jesus!

Is your problem genetic or simply borne of ignorance? Neither are that unusual, but you've really pushed the limits.

Jesus!

Oh shut up and stop playing dumb. You were trying to make it sound as if these people put their families in danger ON PURPOSE and BY CHOICE. You aren't fooling anyone, you heartless SOB.

Jesus!

You're just one of many hateful people around here. A conservotard, no doubt.

Jesus!

There are many bleeding hearts here, but few as priggish and ditsy as you.

I've rarely run across such airheads.

This is what gets me........................Half the country of Syria has fled Northern Syria..........living in refugee camps around the region..........Massive ones in Jordan.
With this many fleeing and the estimated strength of ISIS at 100,000..................why are they all RUNNING.............ISIS is mainly armed with small arms.............they could never defeat a few million men with small arms that decided to turn around and fight.................

Even if they all didn't have guns...............they could on stand by if another falls to pick up the weapon and fight...................

I don't see how such a small force, in this day and time, can take a region like this...........militarily they are insignificant to the western powers as well...........Should Europe or Arab states decide to send in forces to deal with it............ISIS couldn't hold jack squat........They could only do as they did to us with IED's and booby traps.

Jesus!

There are many bleeding hearts here, but few as priggish and ditsy as you.

I've rarely run across such airheads.

This coming from meat head. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back