🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Great news: Hannah Anderson found alive, waiting to be with dad

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
CASCADE, Idaho (AP) — A California teen missing for more than a week after she was abducted by a man suspected of killing her mother and brother has been rescued, her captor killed, and a reunion with her father was expected Sunday at an Idaho hospital.

Rescued teen awaits reunion with father in Idaho

We were at dinner with friends at a restaurant Monday nite when EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE's phones went off with that Amber Alert. I am glad she has been found alive. I mourn for her mother and brother tho.

i can't stand the people who complain about the amber alerts

what if it was their child or relative....

They found the truck about a mile from where my uncle lives.
I hope the man suffered.

We were at dinner with friends at a restaurant Monday nite when EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE's phones went off with that Amber Alert. I am glad she has been found alive. I mourn for her mother and brother tho.

I was sleeping, scared the shit out of me.
But if my son ever goes missing I am glad they started this program.

I am glad the search was completed so quickly.

I cannot recall a case in which the media could not be present. The terrain of the wilderness sounds very challenging. The team that took charge is said to be the most elite hostage rescue team/FBI in the nation. They had to go on foot.

Even the individual who provided the tip has not been identified and interviewed 1,000x.

eta: This person has agreed to be interviewed.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/08/11/2700407/gem-county-man-whose-tip-led-to.html

and a little bit more>>>
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...nnah-say-it-was-one-chance-in-a-trillion?lite

<&#8220;She kinda had a scared look on her face. I just had a gut feeling about him,&#8221; Mike Young, who owns a ranch in Sweet, Idaho, said at a Sunday afternoon press conference.

&#8220;They weren&#8217;t friendly, and they didn&#8217;t talk,&#8221; said Mark John, a rancher and ex-sheriff.

The pair were first seen on a trail &#8212; and then later at the lake, where one of the horseback riders cautioned Hannah about dipping her bare feet in the fish-filled water.

"Looks like we're all in trouble now," the teen said cryptically to herself as Young, John and their wives headed away from the lake and back to the trail, according to John.>

~~~
I haven't been able to understand why some people thought she would have willingly gone with DiMaggio.
Even if he told her something like--'We will go camping'--assuming that there was some nearby favorite spot--by the time they drove to Idaho I can only imagine that she was terrified beyond reason.

Whatever scenario is later revealed this man had 'demons'. Someone said he had recently lost a great deal of weight--inference being that he had some psychological problem. There seems to be no end to psychological issues.

this one has more details--I get chills thinking about such a coincidence. Divine Providence, imo.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/11/us/idaho-riders/

Last edited:
The 4 people on horseback that sighted Hannah and JD were very astute.

One was a retired sheriff and they just didn't look as if they were prepared to camp in the Idaho wilderness. Hannah was carrying a cat for one thing.

Everyone involved in the rescue deserves to be commended.

It seems that DiMaggio's father once held a girl and/or her mother captive and served time for that. Then killed himself with a drug overdose in 1998.

Maybe Dr. Drew will explain 'everything' tonight----pedophile, sociopath, some sort of psychotic break---someone who will not be missed. /gavel.

Nice shootin fellas!
yes-fist-pump-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nice shootin fellas!

That must have been very satisfying ---particularly after hiking in the wilderness for several miles.

An official said that they found a plastic bag with receipts --maybe for camping equipment and sent it back to the command post for analysis--that helped. The car was buried under what appeared to be a beaver dam and the sunlight happened to hit on a tail light and that helped, too.

And because of the location--no media. I cannot believe that--would almost have liked to see certain journalist trying to hike through the wilderness.

The four on horseback said that 3 of them were armed but the former sheriff said he was glad he didn't intervene at that point.

Nice shootin fellas!

That must have been very satisfying ---particularly after hiking in the wilderness for several miles.

An official said that they found a plastic bag with receipts --maybe for camping equipment and sent it back to the command post for analysis--that helped. The car was buried under what appeared to be a beaver dam and the sunlight happened to hit on a tail light and that helped, too.

And because of the location--no media. I cannot believe that--would almost have liked to see certain journalist trying to hike through the wilderness.

The four on horseback said that 3 of them were armed but the former sheriff said he was glad he didn't intervene at that point.

Simple tracking....a human foot breaks a twig in 2 places, there are no hard-angles in forestry vegetation, and anything that glints will get you found/shot. When the subject drew his weapon he was as good as dead to an experienced marksman.

Nice shootin fellas!

Simple tracking....a human foot breaks a twig in 2 places, there are no hard-angles in forestry vegetation, and anything that glints will get you found/shot. When the subject drew his weapon he was as good as dead to an experienced marksman.

'experienced'--that is an understatement. What a feeling it must be to know you can do that.

'experienced'--that is an understatement. What a feeling it must be to know you can do that.

Your training should kick-in and you see your target as a target....you can think about the consequences to your soul later on. My first kill in Vietnam was a female VC near the wire at An Khe. She was hiding behind a truck in support of a sapper team. She dry-snapped me with her Kalashnikov....no mistaking that sound....I turned and there she was trying to rechamber a round and swearing at me.....My Colt didn't misfire; put one round through her mouth, another through her chest. Didn't have time to dwell on it because we still had to find the sapper....later on they kept me up all night in a card game to keep my mind off things....next day we were mounting up for a hop over toward Plei Me....by then I'd pretty much moved on....and knew I was ready for whatever was in store for me there.

Forum List

Back