Great suggestion for DEAR Time. Seeking other recommendations

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Teachers on here know what DEAR time is. It's a time set aside for student to "Drop Everything And Read." For X minutes, no electronics, no assignments, no socializing. Just quietly read a book of their choice. Great for kids who love to read, not so much for delayed readers.

I work with kids who often don't want to read anything at all. They'd rather rest or talk or finish homework so they play video games at home. For them I keep books available and tell them to pretend to read so they don't get in trouble. I found a great one:

Amazon product ASIN 1955550123

A key player in uncovering one of our nations biggest injustices tells the whole story—for kids!​

Kash Patel partners with Beacon of Freedom Publishing House, an imprint of BRAVE Books, to bring a fantastical retelling of Hillary’s horrible plot against Trump to the whole family.​

Full of fake heralds and keeper Komey’s spying slugs, this is a story of daring and danger. But never fear! Kash the Distinguished Discoverer will win the day.​

1662174328963.png

It is written by a very patriotic man named Kash Patel, who is the son of immigrants. How often those things go together! He will soon be famous for having heard Trump declassify all the documents that liberated from the incoming Biden Administration. No doubt plenty of people heard it, but Patel has announced that he has the guts to say so.

Unlike many authors, he is upfront about who one of the heroes of the story is based on:

1662174443730.png

Less than 100 tax-funded dollars for a small group set of five! My district allows teachers to order two hundred worth of books from Amazon, no questions asked.

Anyway, what else would be a great book for young minds?

Any of the Rush Revere books:

Any of the Rush Revere books:
I remember Rush talking about that series. I did not know until now that it used time travel as a device to make history more accessible. Great idea.

Awesome!

Not the first time that right wing fanatics have tried their hand at writing children's books. But, fortunately they turned out to be flops, as I'm pretty sure the OP's suggestion will. Sorry, but conservatives have very little idea as to how to write children's books. They usually end up as adult political themes dressed up as kids books, and never really work with the target audience.

Not the first time that right wing fanatics have tried their hand at writing children's books. But, fortunately they turned out to be flops, as I'm pretty sure the OP's suggestion will. Sorry, but conservatives have very little idea as to how to write children's books.
I'll wait for the other shoe to drop: Evidence to back up that claim.
They usually end up as adult political themes dressed up as kids books, and never really work with the target audience.
What? Adults dressing their political themes as children's books?

Say it isn't so!

Just don't say it to whoever wrote the beloved by children's classic Heather Has Two Mommies (originally subtitled: And not the fuck because her daddy is Morman!)

Forum List

Back