Greatest Pitcher in Baseball history?

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Let's end the debate right now and just say Sandy Kofax is the Greatest Pitcher in Baseball history.

I'm thinking no.
Bob Gibson ranks as the greatest pitcher in Cardinals' history. A glance at the record book supports the claim. On the franchise's career lists, the right-hander is first in wins (251), complete games (255), shutouts (56), innings pitched (3,884.1) and strikeouts (3,117). He is second in games pitched (528) and tied for ninth in ERA (2.91).

Koufax
SUMMARY
Career
WAR

W
L
ERA
G
GS
SV
IP
SO
WHIP

Let's end the debate right now and just say Sandy Kofax is the Greatest Pitcher in Baseball history.
I'll tell you what, we end the debate right after we insert Nolan Ryan as the greatest. Kofax can be number two. How ya doing?

LOLOLOL........................I'll let you look up the stats.......lololol

94-46.....2.28..................147 games started......107 completed.....lololol................

World Series 3-0......... 2 complete games.......0.87 er...2 rings pitching..lololol

Then the rest...ll

Many have said his greatest error was stopping pitching

I'm a lifelong Mets fan, so I may be a bit biased.

I think, without question, it's Nolan Ryan.

I think a strong argument could be made for Tom Seaver, too. His stats are impressive. Hell, he even hit a dozen home runs in his career!

I'll go with a player no one has mentioned yet, Walter Johnson. He pitched the most shutouts in a career, had lots of wins and strikeouts. Sandy Koufax would be my runner up. And Cy Young SHOULD be in everyone's top five.

I'll go with a player no one has mentioned yet, Walter Johnson. He pitched the most shutouts in a career, had lots of wins and strikeouts. Sandy Koufax would be my runner up. And Cy Young SHOULD be in everyone's top five.
he was dead ball era....big difference....

Warren Spahn

Bob Feller

Nolan Ryan

Bob Gibson

There was also a guy they named an award after....um.....errrrr...

Cy Young

Unbelievable...

3 Posters mentioned my favorite (maybe not the GOAT) in this thread...

I'm flabbergasted... Nobody ever agrees with me...

Bob Gibson

1652238366031.png

LOLOLOL........................I'll let you look up the stats.......lololol

94-46.....2.28..................147 games started......107 completed.....lololol................

World Series 3-0......... 2 complete games.......0.87 er...2 rings pitching..lololol

Then the rest...ll

Many have said his greatest error was stopping pitching
Alright, listen up, my favorite pitcher of all time was Nolan Ryan. To whom, Babe Ruth could not hold a candle to.l

Forum List

Back