Greatest Pitcher in Baseball history?

Let's end the debate right now and just say Sandy Kofax is the Greatest Pitcher in Baseball history.
Walter Johnson, Cy Young, Juan Marichal, Dizzy Dean. It's like saying who is greater, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds or many others. They say Dizzy Dean's fast ball looked like a pea coming at you. 30 game winner as were others. I know that today, the way they play their pitchers and bull pin, there are no great pitchers. Pretty sad when you have someone pitching a no-hitter for 7 innings and they get pulled because that's how we do it.

those 30 game winners in the early 1900's may not have won 30 games during the Ruth era and beyond...
Most of those early 30 game winners had 50-60 starts

I've never been a what IF in baseball, just a what was.

I guess my what if would be if Babe wasn't bored with lowly pitching, what if

Aside from Ruth I'd go with Grover Alexander and Christy Matthewson and Lefty Grove and Carl Hubbell

Most of those early 30 game winners had 50-60 starts

I've never been a what IF in baseball, just a what was.

I guess my what if would be if Babe wasn't bored with lowly pitching, what if

Aside from Ruth I'd go with Grover Alexander and Christy Matthewson and Lefty Grove and Carl Hubbell
Today, the pitchers are babies. Those guys pitched consecutive games often. And, they pitched until they were getting hit badly. Today, starters can't last 6 or 7 innings. Pathetic.

Today, the pitchers are babies. Those guys pitched consecutive games often. And, they pitched until they were getting hit badly. Today, starters can't last 6 or 7 innings. Pathetic.
that may be more of the manager pulling them out for whatever reason......im sure many pitchers today can do 9....

Forum List

Back