Greatest thread to human civilization : capitalist greed - Stephen Hawkin

“If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed.” Hawking continued, “Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution. So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality."

We have been warned.

Stephen Hawking Warns About The Greatest Threat To Humanity | Zero Hedge
Idiots. It is amazing how some of the smartest people can be so dumb.
Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than anything else. IT's benefits are literally without precedence.
He's not decrying capitalism.
Why is it so hard to follow?
Because he's critisizing infinite "growth".

The wingnuts are obsfucating because they don't want their billionaire heroes to lose any profit.

how can there even be left-wing billionaires? havent they given it all away to the less fortunate??

moronic pontificating left-wingnuts are funny!!!

As a right winger, what values guide you?

In the case of helping those in need, meeting that need as I see fit not how someone like you sees fit on my behalf.

As a left winger, you've decided you know more about what another person should do with their money and what's better for them.

It's only irrelevant to you because you were shown to be wrong.

How was I shown to be wrong?

You stated "Doesn't the Bible say money is the root of all evil?" While it had a question mark, it was stated in a way as so it really wasn't a question but a claim made to appear as one.

When pointed out that the Bible says the love of money . . , you said something that makes a big difference is irrelevant. You were wrong.

I'm patiently waiting for you to cite the material difference between one phraseology and the next.
To say money is the root of all evil you would have to say money, in itself, is evil. Money, itself, can't be evil or good. It's a tool. Like any other tool, it can be USED for good or bad depending on the person. To say money is the root of all evil would mean money, without ever having anything done with it is bad. That simply isn't true.

I'm sure you'll say that wasn't enough because nothing ever is to someone that doesn't have the guts to admit he's wrong. Your response will determine whether you're a man or yet another typical Liberal asshole that couldn't be one in a thousand lifetimes.

The value of money creates the love of it. Money is therefore itself the root.

Noted that you don't want to discuss the issue of the Bible's view of greed.

Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than anything else. IT's benefits are literally without precedence.

The wingnuts are obsfucating because they don't want their billionaire heroes to lose any profit.

how can there even be left-wing billionaires? havent they given it all away to the less fortunate??

In the case of helping those in need, meeting that need as I see fit not how someone like you sees fit on my behalf.

As a left winger, you've decided you know more about what another person should do with their money and what's better for them.

Liberals have no problem letting the People decide.

“If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed.” Hawking continued, “Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution. So far, the trend seems to be toward the second option, with technology driving ever-increasing inequality."

We have been warned.

Isn't that what the Pope said too?

You know ...the funniest thing about these grandiose proclamations is that only the richest people on this planet say that!

They all talk from the comfort and luxury of their homes.

May be the greatest threat to humanity is hypocrisy rather than greed. :dunno:

Pope claims 'greed is driving world to ruin'

It's only irrelevant to you because you were shown to be wrong.

How was I shown to be wrong?

You stated "Doesn't the Bible say money is the root of all evil?" While it had a question mark, it was stated in a way as so it really wasn't a question but a claim made to appear as one.

When pointed out that the Bible says the love of money . . , you said something that makes a big difference is irrelevant. You were wrong.

I'm patiently waiting for you to cite the material difference between one phraseology and the next.
To say money is the root of all evil you would have to say money, in itself, is evil. Money, itself, can't be evil or good. It's a tool. Like any other tool, it can be USED for good or bad depending on the person. To say money is the root of all evil would mean money, without ever having anything done with it is bad. That simply isn't true.

I'm sure you'll say that wasn't enough because nothing ever is to someone that doesn't have the guts to admit he's wrong. Your response will determine whether you're a man or yet another typical Liberal asshole that couldn't be one in a thousand lifetimes.

The value of money creates the love of it. Money is therefore itself the root.

Noted that you don't want to discuss the issue of the Bible's view of greed.

Without someone to "love" it, money can't be good or bad.

Noted that you're still not man enough to admit the difference.

I'll discuss the Bible's view of greed but I suspect you want to do it based on your outlook of what the Bible says.

again laughable stupidity and not even true. jonathan gruber admitted you were lied to, we all were lied to about obamacare; said is was for the greater good basically

What the flippkng heck does helping people in need have to do with Hawking's statement?!!

Bullshit. Liberals have no problem thinking they know more about how someone should do something than the person. Using Obamacare as an example, you don't let people decide whether or not they want to buy insurance. You mandated it. Using Social Security, you don't let people decide whether or not they want to pay into it.

Back in the days when the good Christian king owned everything including the white folks, it was the corporate interests of the day.

It's all about perspective.

There were no corporations in those days, moron.

What the flippkng heck does helping people in need have to do with Hawking's statement?!!

it should have been obvious that was in response to a question asked about what values guide him

Greed is good. It makes Monkeys somewhat predictable.

Just remember that through out history, being a sociopath or a psychopath has increased the odds of acquiring enough resources to pass your DNA up the timeline.

Perhaps true for sociopaths, but not for psychopaths. Most politicians are sociopaths. Yet, libs want to give these vermin control over their lives.

We have been warned.

Lol he's rich. It easy for the rich to say "oh I'm rich but you shouldn't be rich."

Stephen Hawking has an estimated net worth of $20 million.

Lots of good that does him, what do ya think he is going to buy an ounce of coke and hop over to the bunny ranch?
It doesn't matter. He's rich telling others to not be rich and yes I'm sure it has improved the quality of his pathetic life.

"Stephen Hawking has since published a rebuttal to his critics, insisting that “Intelligent design” doesn’t in any way prove that God exists, but only that a “God-like force” played a role in the creation of our Universe, approximately 13.8 billion years ago."

Stephen Hawking Admits Intelligent Design Is 'Highly Probable'

He believes in intelligent design science people. A god like force that isn't god lol. He believes in god but critics have forced him to say a god like force.

And before you rip my source I have heard him say this through his computer voice.

Nature could be considered a "God-like" force.
In fact, some religions treat nature as a God.

If nature is your god, you should have no problem with this statement. However Nature creates only natural things. Miracles are not natural.

Liberals have no problem thinking they know more about how someone should do something than the person.
yes and in fact liberals are very violent about it. You have to participate in all their programs( crippling welfare for example) or men with guns come for you. Liberalism is based in violence.

We have been warned.

Lying

Bullshit. Liberals have no problem thinking they know more about how someone should do something than the person. Using Obamacare as an example, you don't let people decide whether or not they want to buy insurance. You mandated it. Using Social Security, you don't let people decide whether or not they want to pay into it.
Look, all Hawking is saying is tha we piss fart about too much for too little.

We have been warned.

Mankind's lot prior to capitalism was pretty grim. Average life expectancy for all but the wealthy was 35 to 40. No travel, tied down to an area of around 10 square miles for your entire life. A whole litany of pains due to a work week approaching 80 hours per. No real entertainment other than fighting, screwing and the occasional wedding.

Yep, the pre capitalist life was WONDERFUL!

We have been warned.

12079588_2493920273996542_6476332519705077857_n.jpg

The Obamacare mandate was enacted by the elected representatives of the People.

We have been warned.

Mankind's lot prior to capitalism was pretty grim. Average life expectancy for all but the wealthy was 35 to 40. No travel, tied down to an area of around 10 square miles for your entire life. A whole litany of pains due to a work week approaching 80 hours per. No real entertainment other than fighting, screwing and the occasional wedding.

Yep, the pre capitalist life was WONDERFUL!
He wasn't decrying capitalism.

Greed is Apple building its products overseas with supercheap labor when Apple could still make a profit, albeit a smaller profit, building the products in the US for decent US wages.

Forum List

Back