Green New Deal

And you nailed it why corporations don't want to go green. It's not because global warming isn't real. It's because it's going to cost them to go green. Corporations don't want to do anything that's not for profit.

Actually many corporations are realizing that "going green" helps their bottom line

So what you're saying is you will do anything to make our country greener except work two extra hours a day.......figures.

What a twit. What do you think those workers are doing with that extra day off?

Yes moron. USing the same amount of energy they would otherwise...heating/cooling their homes...travelling..

Dumass

No you SF, they are doing what they do on any other weekend. Do you see any rush hour on weekends?

So what you're saying is you will do anything to make our country greener except work two extra hours a day.......figures.

Yes moron. USing the same amount of energy they would otherwise...heating/cooling their homes...travelling..

Dumass

No you SF, they are doing what they do on any other weekend. Do you see any rush hour on weekends?
I used to work an hour away. That's 2 hours driving and eating up all that gas.

If I had Friday off or worked from home on Friday's that would have saved a lot of gas. Now multiply that by every driver who drives on Friday's and that's a lot of gas.

Gas prices would go down right?

If I had Friday off or worked from home on Friday's that would have saved a lot of gas. Now multiply that by every driver who drives on Friday's and that's a lot of gas.

As long as you don't leave your home on Friday. Is that likely?

As long as you don't leave your home on Friday. Is that likely?
I work from my kitchen table, car in garage

I wish I could take a train to work. There isn't one close enough. I could sit back with my laptop and work, read the news, or simply sleep.

Instead I have to deal with autofetishists like Ray.

Personally I can't wait for self driving cars.

Imagine the fuel savings if we had cars that were smart enough to NOT rubberneck and change lanes erratically or make last minute decisions to cross three lanes to exit a highway...

Imagine how much better my job would be. Now if you really want to save fuel, write to your representative and tell them we need to move our country to a four day work week. We would work an extra two hours a day and most of us would have a three day weekend every week. One less day of rush hour means we save 52 days a year of gasoline.

A few of our customers are on a four day work week. So far, I haven’t met an employee who didn’t love it.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
I've worked that four day week and it was a joke.

Very little got done in those extra two hours a day and getting home 2 hours later BITES

I think 4 day work weeks is a great idea.

Thank you, I think most would be happy with it. It would be a little rough converting with schools and businesses in sync, but it can be done with good leadership and planning.

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low. When they start up again, it takes a little bit of energy to get things going again. One more day of shutdown would help them save money and energy as well.

I mean hell, you drive all the way to work. Why not stay an extra two hours to give most all of us a three day weekend? Some of my coworkers drive almost 50 miles to get to work and back every day.

No you SF, they are doing what they do on any other weekend

I can't help it if you sit home doing nothing and freeze or swelter on your weekends
He's a truck driver. The last thing he wants to do on his day off is drive somewhere.

I don't take any days off all year until October when hunting season starts. Then I take almost every Friday off between Oct 1 and the end of the year. It's nice getting to leave for up north Thursday night instead of Friday night. That way I get 2 full days up north. When I leave Friday night after work I only get 1 full day. Saturday. Friday and Sunday are going up or going back home. But I have to take days off to do this. It'd be nice if I never worked on Friday's. Then I would take Thursday's off and get a really long weekend.

I wish I could take a train to work. There isn't one close enough. I could sit back with my laptop and work, read the news, or simply sleep.

Imagine the fuel savings if we had cars that were smart enough to NOT rubberneck and change lanes erratically or make last minute decisions to cross three lanes to exit a highway...

Imagine how much better my job would be. Now if you really want to save fuel, write to your representative and tell them we need to move our country to a four day work week. We would work an extra two hours a day and most of us would have a three day weekend every week. One less day of rush hour means we save 52 days a year of gasoline.

A few of our customers are on a four day work week. So far, I haven’t met an employee who didn’t love it.

Very little got done in those extra two hours a day and getting home 2 hours later BITES

Thank you, I think most would be happy with it. It would be a little rough converting with schools and businesses in sync, but it can be done with good leadership and planning.

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low. When they start up again, it takes a little bit of energy to get things going again. One more day of shutdown would help them save money and energy as well.

I mean hell, you drive all the way to work. Why not stay an extra two hours to give most all of us a three day weekend? Some of my coworkers drive almost 50 miles to get to work and back every day.
And I'm glad Lesh will be in the office Friday to handle emergencies.

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low.

And on Friday you'd be heating your home or cooling it.

It's a fucking wash. Stop being stupid

Dumass

They would have to. As soon as the commodity traders see that, they will buy short contracts and that will drive the price down. Cars are just part of it. I'm a truck driver, and we waste a lot of fuel sitting in rush hour traffic twice a day. My tractor-trailer averages 6.5 mph. Idle, it uses a gallon an hour.

Lesh should work 6 6 hour days. LOL Or 7 4 hour days.

And I'm glad Lesh will be in the office Friday to handle emergencies.

Something tells me he's used to being left behind a lot. :auiqs.jpg:

The energy savings would be great for those on the left. In the winter time, factories shutdown. They don't turn off the heat, but keep it low.

All the people in the country driving a half hour each way or an hour each way. I think if we all stayed home on Friday's the savings would be huge.

Same way they are thinking about saving money with the post office and only delivering 5 days a week. I think it's a great idea.

All the people in the country driving a half hour each way or an hour each way. I think if we all stayed home on Friday's the savings would be huge.

Same way they are thinking about saving money with the post office and only delivering 5 days a week. I think it's a great idea.

That's another thing. We don't need mail every single day. Every other day would be fine with me. My bills can wait an extra day.

Forum List

Back