Green silenced for lack of civility?

First of all, it's not established fact; that's her opinion. She is free to express her opinion that Mayorkas is not being truthful in his testimony, but there are established rules on how that is done. If every committee hearing descended into childish name calling, the committee process would turn into the Morton Downey Jr. show. I realize some people probably like that idea, but most of us do not. Most of us want the committee to at least try to put some of their partisanship aside and state facts for the record.

MTG is a made-for-TV congresswoman. She's probably going to have a popular podcast or two when this is all over, but she needs to distinguish between Steve Bannon interviews and a House Committee.
So you really believe that Mayorkas is telling the truth? :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::confused-84:

So you really believe that Mayorkas is telling the truth? :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::confused-84:

I honestly don't know. I don't even really know much of the context of his testimony other than the fact that MTG called him a liar and that violates the House rules on impugning someone's character. Open and shut, regardless of what you think of Mayorkas' job performance or the truthfulness of his testimony.

I suspect that like most high-level officials in charge of running a large, complex bureaucracy like DHS, Mayorkas is probably doing the best he can and realizes that there's going to be a lot of shit his agency could do better. And I suspect that like most people trying to keep their jobs, trying to convince critics that they're up to the task, he's going to put the best spin on things. He will probably accentuate the positives and downplay the negatives. That doesn't make him a liar. That makes him human like the rest of us.

I honestly don't know. I don't even really know much of the context of his testimony other than the fact that MTG called him a liar and that violates the House rules on impugning someone's character. Open and shut, regardless of what you think of Mayorkas' job performance or the truthfulness of his testimony.

I suspect that like most high-level officials in charge of running a large, complex bureaucracy like DHS, Mayorkas is probably doing the best he can and realizes that there's going to be a lot of shit his agency could do better. And I suspect that like most people trying to keep their jobs, trying to convince critics that they're up to the task, he's going to put the best spin on things. He will probably accentuate the positives and downplay the negatives. That doesn't make him a liar. That makes him human like the rest of us.
That’s not remotely believable….But, more disturbing is that you felt a need to defend his credibility without knowing if he’s credible…typical LWNJ.

That’s not remotely believable….

That's your belief, to which you're entitled. You do you.

But, more disturbing is that you felt a need to defend his credibility without knowing if he’s credible…typical LWNJ.

It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt until they've proven they're not worthy of the doubt. You think all Democrats except for maybe Joe Manchin are all liars - because they're Democrats. I get that. I also don't care.

That's your belief, to which you're entitled. You do you.

It's called giving someone the benefit of the doubt until they've proven they're not worthy of the doubt. You think all Democrats except for maybe Joe Manchin are all liars - because they're Democrats. I get that. I also don't care.
You mean like the entire government and media screaming about Trump collusion with Russia, and after 3 years of investigation nothing comes of it?

You mean that kind of baseless attacks?

Then when Hunter's lap top is discovered, the media and those in government all said that was Russian talking points and killed the story before the election. In fact, of those polled about 20% said they would not have voted for Biden had they known about the story, which later proved to be legit.

You are a fascist whose only interest in suppressing the freedom of speech to win elections.

Get bent.

You are a fascist whose only interest in suppressing the freedom of speech to win elections.

Says the guy who supports banning books and shutting down libraries.

Your free speech bullshit is as hypocritical as your opposition to cancel culture.

I see through it, bro.

Maybe this will begin a sincere effort across the political spectrum.

Time to grow up.

I'm certainly not expecting that, of course, but it would be nice.
Time to GROW UP and rip up the State of the Union Speech....

Derp!

Nothing is going to change towards civility. That ship has long ago sailed. Now we are circling the drain. The only question is how fast it's all gone.

Time to GROW UP and rip up the State of the Union Speech....

Derp!

Nothing is going to change towards civility. That ship has long ago sailed. Now we are circling the drain. The only question is how fast it's all gone.
Wow, is that a weak comparison. But not surprising.

Those who are weak can give up and play the victim. The rest of us will keep trying.

The Speaker of the House showing complete contempt for POTUS on live TV BEHIND HIS BACK is a weak comparison?

How long have you been smoking crack?
Yes, it is. Especially given MTG's many other ugly statements, such as "Joe Biden is a piece of shit".

But I know nothing really matters to people like you, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

Yes, it is. Especially given MTG's many other ugly statements, such as "Joe Biden is a piece of shit".

But I know nothing really matters to people like you, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
The only word she left out in that statement was pedophile.

Forum List

Back