Greetings from NOLA

I am a conservative cajun from Louisiana. Looking forward to some lively discussions on how to return our economy and culture to sanity

The best advise I can offer is to vote Bobby Jindal out of office. Unless you're wealthy, his plan to eliminate the progressive income tax and install a higher sales tax - a regressive tax - is not in your best interest.

BTW, I ran across this article

Gov. Bobby Jindal's writing on 'exorcism' gets new attention | NOLA.com

in checking some background on Gov. Jindal.

I am a conservative cajun from Louisiana. Looking forward to some lively discussions on how to return our economy and culture to sanity

The best advise I can offer is to vote Bobby Jindal out of office. Unless you're wealthy, his plan to eliminate the progressive income tax and install a higher sales tax - a regressive tax - is not in your best interest.

Jindal will probably run for the senate to replace Landrieu. I disagree with you on removing the income tax. No state income tax seems to work pretty well in Fla and TX.

Jindal has done a much better job as governor than any of his predecessors.

Jindal will probably run for the senate to replace Landrieu. I disagree with you on removing the income tax. No state income tax seems to work pretty well in Fla and TX.

Consumption based tax is the only way to have everybody actually pay their fair share. The progressive income tax is just a wealth redistribution scheme.

Bienvenue!!!

Salutations de Metairie.

laissez le bon temps roullez :clap2: I see that my job here will be to refute the liberal ignorance and arrogance. Looking forward to it.

Please commence the refutation. Let's debate the potential consequences of Jindal's effort to eliminate the income tax and replace it with a sales tax.

You may begin.

Bienvenue!!!

Salutations de Metairie.

laissez le bon temps roullez :clap2: I see that my job here will be to refute the liberal ignorance and arrogance. Looking forward to it.

Please commence the refutation. Let's debate the potential consequences of Jindal's effort to eliminate the income tax and replace it with a sales tax.

You may begin.

a sales tax gives everyone some skin in the game. Eliminating the income tax as in Fla, Tx, NH, Nevada encourages businesses to locate in your state, more business more sales more sales tax, better state services.

those with more money spend more money so they will pay more sales taxes.

Yes, the very poor will be impacted by this but they already pay sales taxes, so the impact will not destroy them. and new industry will create new jobs for many of them.

You're right!

***WELCOME*** Redfish.

You may begin.

a sales tax gives everyone some skin in the game. Eliminating the income tax as in Fla, Tx, NH, Nevada encourages businesses to locate in your state, more business more sales more sales tax, better state services.

Yes, the very poor will be impacted by this but they already pay sales taxes, so the impact will not destroy them. and new industry will create new jobs for many of them.

A very optimistic view. You posit that the savings by the very rich will be invested within the state and new industry's will thusly be created. How do you know this is true? Why wouldn't this money be invested in the emerging economies (India, Brazil, Indonesia) or used for vacations in Europe or Asia? Why do you believe it will trickle down to the poor?

If the very poor are impacted within the state, and the R's in Congress are able to reduce the benefits to the very poor (earned income credit, Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, SNAP, housing subsidies ) and state benefits are reduced, even a 4% (which Jindal projects) net reduction in spending money may put many families beyond the tipping point and more women and children on the streets.

You may begin.

A very optimistic view. You posit that the savings by the very rich will be invested within the state and new industry's will thusly be created. How do you know this is true? Why wouldn't this money be invested in the emerging economies (India, Brazil, Indonesia) or used for vacations in Europe or Asia? Why do you believe it will trickle down to the poor?

If the very poor are impacted within the state, and the R's in Congress are able to reduce the benefits to the very poor (earned income credit, Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, SNAP, housing subsidies ) and state benefits are reduced, even a 4% (which Jindal projects) net reduction in spending money may put many families beyond the tipping point and more women and children on the streets.

your basic premise is wrong, conservatives do not want to reduce benefits for the poor, they want to create jobs for the poor so that the govt no longer has to spend OUR money feeding the poor.

The states with no state income tax seem to be doing quite well, while the states with the highest state income tax are going broke. you tell me why that is.

Forum List

Back