Greta Thunberg: Time Person of the Year

73877caacaddf53faba23c8167bc2e98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cue RW attacks on Dan Rather

Well no attacks needed he lost his job for making shit up so he's about as credible as the 16 year old child

And you support a man who has lied over 3,000 times in three years. Lol

And who would that be?

I didn't vote for Trump

Never said you voted for him.

Well no attacks needed he lost his job for making shit up so he's about as credible as the 16 year old child

And who would that be?

I didn't vote for Trump

Never said you voted for him.

Well that is how you support a politician

But what have I ever said in Trump's defense?

You must have proof

So Greta will be the person of the year until the end of the month? Seems like short time to enjoy the stardom.

It was Greta hat convinced her parents about climate change.
Yes, I'm well aware that some people aren't particularly intellectual, and are convinced via something as simple as a slogan, or 'argument from authority' fallacy as opposed to gathering actual facts, research and information themselves, most of which, of course reveals that the philosophical axioms upon which climate alarmist activism are highly questionable, and a entirely different subject than "climate change", or the merits thereof to begin with.

You people are ignorant & too stupid to know it.
I'm aware that you're too stupid and ignorant to know the difference between "knowing" something on behalf of a popular slogan on TV, intended for people of a 6th grade education, or those who rarely if ever read books...

...and knowing something on the basis of having reasoned it, researched it or logically arrived at it oneself, as thinking people do. Or that said differences in "knowledge" are equal in any way.

And yes, I'm sure that if TV or radio "told you", that "aliens" were going to destroy the planet instead of climate change, you'd childishly believe that as well merely by the virtue of it being on your favorite TV network - like the radio audience of "War of the Worlds" did, as those whose only knowledge comes from mass media, as opposed to books typically do. It used to be cute, now it isn't. Mhmm.
I have two science degrees from top ranked universities,. Shove your bullshit up your ass.,
Top ranked mail-order universities. lol

Science dictates my thinking on climate change.
No, you're conflating political philosophy with science. Information on "climate change" itself isn't the same as philosophy regarding who or what can or "should" be done about it - most proposals in regards to what "should" be done about it, and the philosophy they're based on (e.x. Utilitarianism) are highly questionable or skeptical. They're not the same thing. Just as "consensus" within science have nothing to do with the validity of research.

Just as "alarmism" isn't the same as acknowledging the information on global warming, most "alarmism" is more of an ill-informed emotional response.

You also conflated "repeating something" on television with learning or researching it oneself - there is enough evidence that even "smart people" will potentially believe something if it's played on mass media, which is why people feared.

So no, regardless of your degrees in science, it seems to me you have a particular philosophical view (e.x. Utilitarianism as per Bentham or Mill) in regards to what or how to deal with man-made global warming, and that is informing your arguments more than "science", as in the raw data or scientists themselves. But what do I know?

And sure, "you" may be smart, but the average person whose only information one way or the other about GW comes from mass media isn't, so you can't really argue that someone repeating some on TV, even if they're in agreement with you - is the same as having studied or researched it themselves, right?

Lets not pretend you ever read a science book.
I read science books as a hobby, but with a focus on evolutionary psychology, not as much on earth science.

I'm also not of the opinion that Francis Bacon's modern scientific method will ever be a "pure science" in the way mathematics is, to begin with, given that it's theories are constructed from mathematics, but to each their own on that one.

Everything else aside, if you're merely arguing from "consensus" then that itself is ignorance, since the validity of research itself and "consensus" are not the same thing, in fact that's a simple logical fallacy (ad populum or argument from authority), not "science".
Sorry, but the science says that our climate is warming & the reason is man's emissions.

Period.

Anything you say to deny that will prove you know nothing about science.

A consensus means that a majority of climate scientists agree. Their research & reviews of research agree.

When we do to the doctor & they give you a diagnosis and you get a second opinion, we should ignore it because we never went to med school.

If climate change is being fomented by emissions, don't you think we should reduce emissions? But hey, you're the smart one, what is your solution? Pretend it doesn't exist & do nothing?

And who would that be?

I didn't vote for Trump
Awww Right!

Blues Man voted for Hillary

And who would that be?

I didn't vote for Trump
Awww Right!

Blues Man voted for Hillary
You do realize there were more than 2 people on the ballot don't you?

But I did not cast a vote for president in the last election because there were no suitable candidates

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back