Greta Thunberg: Time Person of the Year

Why would anyone listen to a 16 year old's opinion on anything?

Do you ask a 16 year old for financial or legal advice? No? Why not?
Because she is right

So you think her childhood was stolen by the delegates of the UN?

And if you would take the advice of a 16 year old in financial matters?

If you would you have way bigger problems than global warming

If the UN & the supposed adults acted on climate change, she would not have to do what she does.

If I had a choice between taking financial advise from a person who worked to act on climate change & a dumbass denier, I'd go with the first person.

Who wants to take financial advice from a dumbass denier/

Actually, the UN did act on climate change decisively passing both the Kyoto Protocol as well as the Paris Accords.

And neither changed the weather a whit.

Nah, not impressed in a young person spouting her parents' clichés from a megaphone, I'd rather see a young inventor, entrepreneur, or artist of some talent.

I think there was another instance of some young person being called "super smart" merely by virtue of knowing how to file a frivolous lawsuit which may very well be thrown out, and parroting one of her parents' inane anti-Trump slogans.

I wasn't impressed at all no, I suppose it would appear "smart" to someone with an IQ of 100, which I presume most of said media is marketed to to begin with - or is that too high?

It was Greta hat convinced her parents about climate change.

You people are ignorant & too stupid to know it.
I highly doubt that.
Maybe you should read about her before lying about her.

WHat have I said about her that is a lie?

All I have ever said is that she is a child and I do not value the opinions of children

Because she is right

If the UN & the supposed adults acted on climate change, she would not have to do what she does.

If I had a choice between taking financial advise from a person who worked to act on climate change & a dumbass denier, I'd go with the first person.

Actually, the UN did act on climate change decisively passing both the Kyoto Protocol as well as the Paris Accords.

Because the UN has no power to enforce it's resolutions

The UN is toothless and ineffectual

Yes, I'm well aware that some people aren't particularly intellectual, and are convinced via something as simple as a slogan, or 'argument from authority' fallacy as opposed to gathering actual facts, research and information themselves, most of which, of course reveals that the philosophical axioms upon which climate alarmist activism are highly questionable, and a entirely different subject than "climate change", or the merits thereof to begin with.

I'm aware that you're too stupid and ignorant to know the difference between "knowing" something on behalf of a popular slogan on TV, intended for people of a 6th grade education, or those who rarely if ever read books...

...and knowing something on the basis of having reasoned it, researched it or logically arrived at it oneself, as thinking people do. Or that said differences in "knowledge" are equal in any way.

And yes, I'm sure that if TV or radio "told you", that "aliens" were going to destroy the planet instead of climate change, you'd childishly believe that as well merely by the virtue of it being on your favorite TV network - like the radio audience of "War of the Worlds" did, as those whose only knowledge comes from mass media, as opposed to books typically do. It used to be cute, now it isn't. Mhmm.

Because she is right

Because the UN has no power to enforce it's resolutions

The UN is toothless and ineffectual

What do you expect. Would you support the US being told what to do? No country would.

Yes, I'm well aware that some people aren't particularly intellectual, and are convinced via something as simple as a slogan, or 'argument from authority' fallacy as opposed to gathering actual facts, research and information themselves, most of which, of course reveals that the philosophical axioms upon which climate alarmist activism are highly questionable, and a entirely different subject than "climate change", or the merits thereof to begin with.

I'm aware that you're too stupid and ignorant to know the difference between "knowing" something on behalf of a popular slogan on TV, intended for people of a 6th grade education, or those who rarely if ever read books...

...and knowing something on the basis of having reasoned it, researched it or logically arrived at it oneself, as thinking people do. Or that said differences in "knowledge" are equal in any way.

And yes, I'm sure that if TV or radio "told you", that "aliens" were going to destroy the planet instead of climate change, you'd childishly believe that as well merely by the virtue of it being on your favorite TV network - like the radio audience of "War of the Worlds" did, as those whose only knowledge comes from mass media, as opposed to books typically do. It used to be cute, now it isn't. Mhmm.
I have two science degrees from top ranked universities,. Shove your bullshit up your ass.,

Science dictates my thinking on climate change.

Lets not pretend you ever read a science book.

Nah, not impressed in a young person spouting her parents' clichés from a megaphone, I'd rather see a young inventor, entrepreneur, or artist of some talent.

I think there was another instance of some young person being called "super smart" merely by virtue of knowing how to file a frivolous lawsuit which may very well be thrown out, and parroting one of her parents' inane anti-Trump slogans.

I wasn't impressed at all no, I suppose it would appear "smart" to someone with an IQ of 100, which I presume most of said media is marketed to to begin with - or is that too high?

I highly doubt that.

All I have ever said is that she is a child and I do not value the opinions of children

I highly doubt that.

I commented that it was Greta that convinced her parents of climate change & you high;y doubted that. Why make up shit?

Someone who fights against climate change wins Person of the Year

Conservative Heads Explode

Because she is right

Countries worked to meet the protocols.

The rate of growth of emissions has been reduced.

I have two science degrees from top ranked universities,. Shove your bullshit up your ass.,
Top ranked mail-order universities. lol

Science dictates my thinking on climate change.
No, you're conflating political philosophy with science. Information on "climate change" itself isn't the same as philosophy regarding who or what can or "should" be done about it - most proposals in regards to what "should" be done about it, and the philosophy they're based on (e.x. Utilitarianism) are highly questionable or skeptical. They're not the same thing. Just as "consensus" within science have nothing to do with the validity of research.

Just as "alarmism" isn't the same as acknowledging the information on global warming, most "alarmism" is more of an ill-informed emotional response.

You also conflated "repeating something" on television with learning or researching it oneself - there is enough evidence that even "smart people" will potentially believe something if it's played on mass media, which is why people feared.

So no, regardless of your degrees in science, it seems to me you have a particular philosophical view (e.x. Utilitarianism as per Bentham or Mill) in regards to what or how to deal with man-made global warming, and that is informing your arguments more than "science", as in the raw data or scientists themselves. But what do I know?

And sure, "you" may be smart, but the average person whose only information one way or the other about GW comes from mass media isn't, so you can't really argue that someone repeating some on TV, even if they're in agreement with you - is the same as having studied or researched it themselves, right?

Lets not pretend you ever read a science book.
I read science books as a hobby, but with a focus on evolutionary psychology, not as much on earth science.

I'm also not of the opinion that Francis Bacon's modern scientific method will ever be a "pure science" in the way mathematics is, to begin with, given that it's theories are constructed from mathematics, but to each their own on that one.

Everything else aside, if you're merely arguing from "consensus" then that itself is ignorance, since the validity of research itself and "consensus" are not the same thing, in fact that's a simple logical fallacy (ad populum or argument from authority), not "science".

Last edited:

Because she is right

Countries worked to meet the protocols.

The rate of growth of emissions has been reduced.

So what?

The problem hasn't been resolved.

Apparently the rate of growth of emissions has nothing to do with the weather

I highly doubt that.

I highly doubt that.

I commented that it was Greta that convinced her parents of climate change & you high;y doubted that. Why make up shit?
I do doubt it and FYI doubting something someone else says is not the same as making things up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Says shitforbrains who says we need to listen to the dumbass high school dropout.

Took a year off, not a drop out.

You want to see dropouts, look to your mentors Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck.
She’s not back in school. Try again.
Actually she has graduated secondary school with 14 As & 3 Bs
And can’t function in life.
She functions just fine.

At her age, you were probably still sucking off of mommy's tit.
Hilarious. No adults in the Dem party, just a bunch of lemming children.

Because she is right

So you are another moron who thinks weather = climate.

Because she is right

But...but....it snows in the wintertime

Took a year off, not a drop out.

You want to see dropouts, look to your mentors Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck.
She’s not back in school. Try again.
Actually she has graduated secondary school with 14 As & 3 Bs
And can’t function in life.
She functions just fine.

At her age, you were probably still sucking off of mommy's tit.
Hilarious. No adults in the Dem party, just a bunch of lemming children.
The Irony Meter is pegging out, little boy. You are gonna break it.

Because she is right

But...but....it snows in the wintertime

Liberal Warmists predicted the end of snow and an ice-free Arctic by 2015.

This came straight from Al Gore, the profit of the Climate Change Cult.

IMG-1399.jpg

Forum List

Back