Grocery bag tax..Good idea or bad?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Maryland is set to impose an additional tax on plastic bags. I heard a commercial about it saying thst it would hurt the middle class and poor while losing jobs. But itnwas paid for by plastic bag manufactures...sooooo...yeah.

I se it like this...tax the hell outta plastic bags means that less ppl will use them means less plastic goes into our environment. Win win

The only down side is for those who cannot livenwithout plastic bags will have to pay more for their plastic, or adapt.

Your thoughts?

Just buy plastic bags independently and take them with you. It is better than risking norovirus. Anything that pokes a stick in the eye of envirowackos is a good thing.

Last edited:
Maryland is set to impose an additional tax on plastic bags. I heard a commercial about it saying thst it would hurt the middle class and poor while losing jobs. But itnwas paid for by plastic bag manufactures...sooooo...yeah.

I se it like this...tax the hell outta plastic bags means that less ppl will use them means less plastic goes into our environment. Win win

The only down side is for those who cannot livenwithout plastic bags will have to pay more for their plastic, or adapt.

Your thoughts?

Get rid of those plastic bags get the reusable ones, also get rid of no return containers. Back in the 50's and early 60's there wasn't so much throw away plastic bottle trash.:eusa_angel:

Just buy plastic bags independently and take them with you. It is better than risking norovirus. Anything that pokes a stick in the eye of envirowackos is a good thing.

Somebody loves their oceanic gyre garbage patches!

Stupid idea. When paper bags replaced cloth sacks and baskets decades ago, disease declined. And here we have the human hating environazis wanting to force disease vectors back upon the public.

Of course, they would like to see a decrease in the "surplus population".

Katz can't seem to grasp the importance of reducing plastic in the environment. Once again his dicisions sre guided solely by his hatred for liberals snd nothing more.

Deep thinker here folks

I wonder what the environmental impact is of washing cloth bags - lots of water, detergent, the fuel consumed to make and transport the detergent, the manufacturing process of the cloth bags etc.

I suspect the environment equation is not very favorable - especially when one factors in the resurgence of food borne diseases.

The real answer is innovation regarding biodegradable plastic bags, but the environuts are luddites. They think progress is either bad or impossible.

Yep let mommy and daddy government excerpt some more control over people's lives throughout the history of the world government expanding it's influence into peoples lives has never lead to anything bad.

Jesus christ...plastic bags need defending? Why? This isn't a theory you guys see them..know they stick sround for ever and you attempt to make reducing them as a bad idea? Who is it a bad idea for and how? Anyone?

Why? Because when the Zombie Apocalypse happens and society enters a dark age, we're going to need all the plastic bags, styrofoam containers and white plastic garden chairs to rebuild civilization.

If it was up to me we would go back to paper bags so I would say put paper and plastic bags in the stores and give the people their choice.

Jesus christ...plastic bags need defending? Why? This isn't a theory you guys see them..know they stick sround for ever and you attempt to make reducing them as a bad idea? Who is it a bad idea for and how? Anyone?

Banning plastic bags kills people, it also fails a rudimentary cost benefit analysis.I started a thread about that a few weeks ago.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts is that it's more intrusive government asshattery based on extremist ideology that will accomplish absolutely nothing other than putting an additional burden on the people of Maryland, but they deserve it because they vote in these wackos to run their state year after year.

Banning plastic bags kills people, it also fails a rudimentary cost benefit analysis.I started a thread about that a few weeks ago.

First no one said ban.
Second explain how banning plastic bags kills people.
Thanks

Forum List

Back