Grocery bag tax..Good idea or bad?

Maryland is set to impose an additional tax on plastic bags. I heard a commercial about it saying thst it would hurt the middle class and poor while losing jobs. But itnwas paid for by plastic bag manufactures...sooooo...yeah.

I se it like this...tax the hell outta plastic bags means that less ppl will use them means less plastic goes into our environment. Win win

The only down side is for those who cannot livenwithout plastic bags will have to pay more for their plastic, or adapt.

Your thoughts?

I use grocery bags as trash bags. So as long as they are free I double and triple bag everything.

i haven't bought a box of trash bags in over a decade.

Harry. How many times do you want me to say garbage bags are also bad? 10? 20? Times? Here, garbage bags are bad for the environment as well. Now that I said it again is that good enough? I'm guessing no

Any new tax is a bad idea. That said, they need to cut down on plastic bags.

As I explained, the Tax is not going to effect the people who are the root of the problem. The people who don't care about recycling are the people who receive Welfare and public assistance. The target of the Tax is the middle class, and they are not the problem. They recycle, and keep their neighborhoods clean, unlike the entitlement crowd who prefer to live in squalor.

Then the tax hurts just the middle class, then it's a bad idea.

I really wasn't directing my rant at you, just the idea in general.

I am saying there is no need or reason to charge me anything for them.

I am saying that if you are a whacko make your own choices but leave everyone else the hell alone.

Keep your silly (perhaps not you personally, I have no knowledge of you) but the Left needs to shut the fuck up and quit trying to micro manage everyone else's lives.

if what you are suggesting is that you can avoid the tax by using plastic bags where i am and in DC the tax applies to both -- it also applies to shopping bags at dept stores. they just tend to refer to it as the plastic bag tax.

just to be clear, i am totally opposed to these taxes.

Forum List

Back