ground beef & shrimp

I would not mix ground beef and shrimp together ( I don't eat beef anyway)

You wouldn't be able to taste the shrimp!

It's like when people make a cake with both coffee and chocolate. I can not taste either. :dunno:

I've never done it, but I don't see why not. People do surf and turf all the time.

Off the top of my head I might try a shrimp stuffed burger/meatloaf type of loafie thing or like a jambalaya type dish

Cheating using the old Google I see beef and shrimp stuffed peppers and all sorts of stuff.

Unconventional, but I'd give it a go....why the hell not.....

Think i am going with defcons idea. I am going to do the burgers exotic. Maybe with some lemon and old bay in the meat. Maybe some ground cayenne. Pan fry the shrimp in old bay and make some remoulade sauce. Maybe a thin slice of pineapple.
I think i grossed the wife out so much she said "just do whatever" lol
Like i told her, crazy concoctions lead to amazing recipes in the long run.

This sounds delish, but I like to keep it simple.

I love a good shrimp cocktail in a chilled glass...and then a separate idsh with the meat.

Shame on you there is nothing better than homemade battered shrimp.

But I'm good with sautéed as well.

Or shrimp cocktail. Yum.

My kid hated seafood growing up. The only way I could acclimatize him to the taste of shellfish was through batter frying it.

He hates mushrooms as well. . . but he'll tolerate them batter fried. I let him know that batter frying destroys delicate flavors. He tells me, yeah, that's the point. His motto now is anything is good if you batter fry it. :lmao: Don't like cauliflower? Batter fry it. Have an aversion to onions? Try slicing them and giving it a nice coating of egg and bread crumbs. . . . . :eusa_doh:

Make it a surf and turf burger. Make 4 oz. really thinned out burgers, saute or grill the shrimp and lay them on top the burgers, smear some remoulade sauce on it and voila...
Hmmmmm not bad! This has got me thinking. Thanks man!

Just remember, no matter how you prepare it, hamburger is NOT steak. :) Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Depends on which part it comes from.......... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know the difference between hamburger and ground beef? :D

Hamburger is made from yucky parts, and ground beef is not, but it's still not the same as steak. It's the texture. I wouldn't like the hamburger/ground beef texture along with shrimp. I'm not a fan of surf and turf anyways. I don't really like steak with my seafood or vice versa. :)
Depending on where it comes from hamburger and ground beef can be nothing more than ground steak. Hamburger can have up to 30% extra beef fat added, ground beef can't have any extra added.

Make it a surf and turf burger. Make 4 oz. really thinned out burgers, saute or grill the shrimp and lay them on top the burgers, smear some remoulade sauce on it and voila...
Hmmmmm not bad! This has got me thinking. Thanks man!

Just remember, no matter how you prepare it, hamburger is NOT steak. :) Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Depends on which part it comes from.......... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know the difference between hamburger and ground beef? :D

Hamburger is made from yucky parts, and ground beef is not, but it's still not the same as steak. It's the texture. I wouldn't like the hamburger/ground beef texture along with shrimp. I'm not a fan of surf and turf anyways. I don't really like steak with my seafood or vice versa. :)
Depending on where it comes from hamburger and ground beef can be nothing more than ground steak. Hamburger can have up to 30% extra beef fat added, ground beef can't have any extra added.

Well I used lean ground beef in that stir fry recipe that I posted and it turned out really good.

Shame on you there is nothing better than homemade battered shrimp.

But I'm good with sautéed as well.

Or shrimp cocktail. Yum.

My kid hated seafood growing up. The only way I could acclimatize him to the taste of shellfish was through batter frying it.

He hates mushrooms as well. . . but he'll tolerate them batter fried. I let him know that batter frying destroys delicate flavors. He tells me, yeah, that's the point. His motto now is anything is good if you batter fry it. :lmao: Don't like cauliflower? Batter fry it. Have an aversion to onions? Try slicing them and giving it a nice coating of egg and bread crumbs. . . . . :eusa_doh:
A whole segment of my life was devoted to buying those giant shrimp and beer battering them and frying them.

omg. So yum.

What kind of grocery store doesn't have horseradish sauce?
Fucked everything up. Decided to make some pineapple mayo instead. Meats smelling good!

together? Could I incorporate these two together? I got 1.3 lbs of shrimp and 1.8 lbs of ground beef I need to get rid of..
One dish, or should I try to make a couple different ones? They don't seem like they would work together but you never know!

Just add some bacon, and hot peppers and it will be ok. maybe shrimp stuffed meatballs wrapped in bacon and some sort of sauce

Whoever told me about pineapple mayo should be shot

Whole fucking meal fell apart. We doing burgers with a side of shrimp. I'm pissed the fuck off

Whole fucking meal fell apart. We doing burgers with a side of shrimp. I'm pissed the fuck off
Hey that was my suggestion!

Shrimp as a side is awesome. Billions of shrimp sold by Red Lobster as sides can't be wrong.

Forum List

Back