ground beef & shrimp

Well I couldn't even enjoy it. Kids like the burgers with old bay apparently. Me and the wifey didn't.

Doing grilled pizza again tomorrow night. Uncle got me a pizza grilling stoneware thing for Christmas and I am anxious to use it
Hopefully we can have a decent meal tomorrow

Old Bay Seasoning.

oldbay75thlimitededitioncanimage.ashx

together? Could I incorporate these two together? I got 1.3 lbs of shrimp and 1.8 lbs of ground beef I need to get rid of..
One dish, or should I try to make a couple different ones? They don't seem like they would work together but you never know!

I wouldn't mix the two- I think you have got the basis of two good dishes. Both flavors would tend to overpower the other.

I would be thinking going Cuban- picadillo with the ground beef, something Carribean with the shrimp.

But good luck.

together? Could I incorporate these two together? I got 1.3 lbs of shrimp and 1.8 lbs of ground beef I need to get rid of..
One dish, or should I try to make a couple different ones? They don't seem like they would work together but you never know!

I wouldn't mix the two- I think you have got the basis of two good dishes. Both flavors would tend to overpower the other.

I would be thinking going Cuban- picadillo with the ground beef, something Carribean with the shrimp.

But good luck.
Read the last two pages...lol

Make it a surf and turf burger. Make 4 oz. really thinned out burgers, saute or grill the shrimp and lay them on top the burgers, smear some remoulade sauce on it and voila...
Hmmmmm not bad! This has got me thinking. Thanks man!

Just remember, no matter how you prepare it, hamburger is NOT steak. :) Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Depends on which part it comes from.......... :eusa_whistle:

Do you know the difference between hamburger and ground beef? :D

Hamburger is made from yucky parts, and ground beef is not, but it's still not the same as steak. It's the texture. I wouldn't like the hamburger/ground beef texture along with shrimp. I'm not a fan of surf and turf anyways. I don't really like steak with my seafood or vice versa. :)
What you do is go to the counter and ask for a chuck steak, then have the butcher grind your pick....it won't be the yucky scrap meat then.

I would not mix ground beef and shrimp together ( I don't eat beef anyway)

You wouldn't be able to taste the shrimp!

It's like when people make a cake with both coffee and chocolate. I can not taste either. :dunno:
Quit smoking your taste will improve... (I know for fact but I went back to smoking anyway after 9 months...)

It's like when people make a cake with both coffee and chocolate. I can not taste either. :dunno:
Quit smoking your taste will improve... (I know for fact but I went back to smoking anyway after 9 months...)

I did! like 10 months ago I quit smoking, now I only vape ...only with flavors not with nicotine :up:

TN is the shrimp fresh or frozen, shelled or not?
If you buy frozen shrimp, try to find block frozen. IQF is pumped up with water then frozen. Block frozen is just the shrimp frozen in water without "pumping" the shrimp full with water. It is hard to find in retail. Shell on is the best. The extra work to shell them pay for itself because you can make a great stock from the shells for your sauce. All scratch, no preservatives and shit to give you cancer.

I did! like 10 months ago I quit smoking, now I only vape ...only with flavors not with nicotine :up:
I got some good shit from Colorado. It's a paste you put into a "burner" kind of vape in very small doses.

I got some good shit from Colorado. It's a paste you put into a "burner" kind of vape in very small doses.

I see :uhh: :laugh:

Better watch those vapors guys. No shit. You convecting some crazy shit!

I see :uhh: :laugh:
Oh..come on! It is for pain management.

Forum List

Back