Growing Arab Support For Israel

Smotrich Meets with the UAE Ambassador to Israel

Religious Zionism Party leader Bezalel Smotrich met on Wednesday with the United Arab Emirates Ambassador to Israel Mohamed Al Khaja.

Smotrich tweeted that the two held an “introductory meeting” at the Knesset in Jerusalem.

“We discussed the good relations between the countries and the great potential of deepening the economic cooperation between us for the benefit of the entire region. This is what true peace looks like,” wrote Smotrich.

Al Khaja was pictured earlier this month greeting Otzma Yehudit head Itamar Ben-Gvir at an event at the UAE’s embassy marking the country’s 51st National Day.

Read more -

Abdullah al-Hadlaq, writer, Al-Watan: “Israel is a legitimate state, not an occupier, validated by the world community, and the Quran. Countries not recognizing Israel are those of tyranny and oppression. Israel has scientific centers and universities which even the oldest Arab countries lack.”

Exclusive - The Netanyahu Doctrine: An in-depth regional policy interview

In a wide-ranging interview with a group of print and television journalists at Al Arabiya, Mr. Netanyahu discussed Israel’s relations with Arab states, the US alliance structure in the Middle East, unrest in Iran, Israel’s new hard-right government, the future of the US-brokered maritime border agreement with Lebanon, and the Russia-Ukraine war.

Abu Dhabi buys Phoenix, Israel's largest insurance firm

The Palestinian flag offensive in Qatar – the real story – Ro'ee Kayis about the Qatari whitewashing

Here's something You have yet to hear about the moments we'll all remember from the Mondeal. We Israelis have this thing, everything is black or white, no middle. We sign normalization agreements with four Arab states, everyone loves us and the Palestinian issue is disappeared. On the other side, when they wave at us Palestinian flags in Qatar, we immediately think that the entire world is against us.

So before we demand monetary return for the Abrahamic accords, let's try to understand, what stands behind the pro-Palestinian vibe at the Mondeal, and what the odds are that one day we Israelis will be accepted in the Middle East?

Friends, I'm going to drop a bomb here – there were people in Doha from Arab countries that were happy to talk to us. The following video was captured in Doha two weeks ago, two Moroccans wanted to talk to us, and when pro-Palestinian activists warned them, that we're Israeli media, they didn't even flinch. As You can see, the relationship with Israel is a matter of disagreement.

We can't expect people who for decades were brought up on hatred for Israel, that suddenly one day accept us. For most of them, it was their first meeting with an Israeli or a Jew, all these people know about us is from propaganda they hear in the media, from Al-Jazeera to TikTok.

However this doesn't explain the industrial quantities of Palestinian flags at the Mondeal. Bottom line the Palestinian issue is always close to the heart of the Muslims and Arabs around the world.

But I have a question –did anyone see any other demonstration this Mondeal?

Except for this one brave guy, there was nothing, nada, walla ishi, see where I'm going?

There was concern in Qatar before the Mondeal, that the biggest event in the country's history would bring up everything the Qataris don't want You to talk about, human rights, the treatment of the LGBT community, the dreadful treatment of foreign workers, the corruption which brought the Mondeal, a long list of explosive screw-ups.

And this is yet the biggest screw-up of the Qataris. A country that opposes normalization with Israel, and tries to be more Palestine than Palestinians, invites thousands of Israelis in direct flights to spend time in Doha. Thus in order to avoid anger and criticism in the Arab street, they do the perfect whitewashing move – show to all what is the demonstration that the government does have interest in. When this is the only demonstration the Qatari regime allowed, why wonder it looked so authentic and drawing?

The bottom line, is the hatred of Israel doesn't go anywhere, and if anyone is surprised by it, I suggest a reality pill twice a day. As with everything in our neighborhood, both love and hate are expressions of the interests of the ruling power. The enmity we saw in Doha can turn over in one agreement, into a low-temperature relationship.

To sum it up, in Doha we weren't reminded of how much were are hated,
but how hard we have to work to be accepted in the Arab street.

UAE Senior Royal Figure in Israel: ‘This is the Best Medical Treatment I Have Received’

Sheikh-Khalid-Qasmi-696x465.jpg

Sheikh Khalid Qasmi, a royal figure from the United Arab Emirates, was hospitalized this week in Israel, the first Arab royal known to have been treated in Israel. His visit may pave the way for more Emiratis to get medical care in Israel.

The 45-year-old sheikh from the emirate of Sharjah in the UAE arrived at the Emek Medical Center in Afula on Sunday for treatment for health complications related to an automobile accident several years ago. He is due to return to the UAE on Thursday. The Tazpit Press Service got exclusive access to talk to Sheikh Qasmi, who praised Israel’s medical care and expressed his appreciation for the warm reception he has received.

During his conversation with TPS, the sheikh wore a kippah, or Jewish skullcap, saying it was a sign of respect for the Jewish people and the state of Israel.

“This is a special expression of what we all mean when we say ‘peace agreements,’” said Sheikh Qasmi, “It is an expression of pure humanity and I have no choice but to express my appreciation to the people of Israel and wish for continued cooperation between the countries in all fields.”

“This is the best medical treatment I have received since the car accident. I have traveled to several countries in Europe and been hospitalized in different clinics, since I was injured,” he said, “But since I arrived in Israel there has been a great improvement in my condition.”

Sheikh Khalid said, “I was amazed not only by the quality of the medical staff and the advanced capabilities in Israel, but mainly by the hospitality and the expressions of sympathy from the medical staff and other people I met here.”

Sheikh Qasmi also confirmed that “Very soon I will return to Israel for further medical treatments.”

He was invited to Israel by former Druze cabinet minister Ayoub Kara, who is close to officials in the Emirates. Kara told TPS that the sheikh’s stay may lead to more Emiratis getting medical treatment in Israel.

“Following the sheikh’s hospitalization in Israel, the United Arab Emirates decided to examine the possibility of giving all residents of the Emirates the right to receive treatments in Israel, at the expense of the state,” Kara said. “The Emirates realized that it was an advanced healthcare system and decided that what was appropriate for the sheikh, should be given to the rest of the residents of the Emirates.”

The sheikh’s stay was coordinated by Kara’s daughter, Amira, who is finishing her medical studies at Emek.

The United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven emirates. Sheikh Qasmi’s family set a precedent by ruling two different emirates, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah.

Report: Rabat Conditions Israel Embassy on Recognition of Moroccan Sovereignty over Occupied Western Sahara

King-Mohammed-VI-of-Morocco-696x461.jpg

Morocco is demanding that Israel recognize its sovereignty over the Western Sahara, a disputed region, before it opens an embassy in the Jewish State, according to a report this weekend by Axios.

Morocco was among four Muslim-majority nations who signed the historic Abraham Accords with Israel in 2020. As a signatory to those accords, Morocco agreed to reopen its liaison office in Tel Aviv, and Israel agreed to reopen its liaison office in Rabat.

But the four current and past Israeli officials who spoke with Axios were quoted as saying Rabat is using the recognition issue as a reason not to open a full embassy in Israel.

The Western Sahara has been the subject of a dispute between Morocco and the Algeria-backed Polisario Front, which seeks to establish an independent state in the region.

Thus far there has been no comment on the report from Israel, and none from the Moroccan government.

The shadow man behind the Abrahamic Accords was appointed director general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

How do you buy a political partner in the Gulf countries? The shadow man Ma'oz, head of the Middle East and Africa division at the NSC, recruited his wife's cookies for this purpose

Ronen Levy, nicknamed "Ma'oz", was appointed Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in place of Alon Oshpiz who announced the end of his position after about two and a half years. Levy had a role behind the Abrahamic Accords and until now his name was prohibited from publication.

Levy, 48 years old, served almost 30 years in the intelligence and security community. He started in field, operations and intelligence positions in the General Security Service (Shabac), and reached the position of Senior Division Head at the National Security Headquarters in the Prime Minister's Office.

In his most recent position at the Israel Defense Forces, he was the head of the division for special relations and gained a lot of experience in international relations and in developing relations with senior government officials around the world. He led the creation of secret relations between Israel and countries with which there were no ties, was a special envoy of the Prime Minister and the head of the Israel Defense Forces for special missions, Contributed a lot behind the scenes to Abrahamic Accords and was responsible for the relationship with corresponding bodies around the world.

"Ma'oz" speaks for the first time in an interview with Gili Cohen,
marking the anniversary of the Abrahamic Accords.

Middle East startups celebrate Abraham Accords at region’s largest investor summit in Israel.​

Just outside the room, the pavilions of Abu Dhabi and Morocco were centre stage as thousands of potential investors from more than 80 nations came to learn more about business in the Arab world.

Just one year after the move, the value of trade between the Emirates and Israel reached more than $1.1 billion.

Abdulla Abdul Aziz Al Shamsi, Director General of Abu Dhabi Investment Office, told a crowd of hundreds that “we have really started to see the fruits of this work”. It was his first time in Jerusalem.

Keen to stress that the Accords mean more than relations between its signatories, Sabah Al Binali, the first Emirati partner at an Israeli company, spoke to The National of his personal experience bridging these two worlds.

“It’s overwhelmingly positive … I think after the initial excitement, people are settling down and putting their business hats on,” he said.

Forum List

Back