Growing support for same sex marriages from all religions. (bar evangelicals)

Dingerred, you are not an opponent. Youre a little boy being lectured to.

You self owned, you did the typical freudian slip and fell out of your equality under the law narrative and into your homophobic "normalize gay lifestyles" narrative.

Snakes are gunna snake. They always do...ladies and gentlemen, I was proud to be of assistance in these matters.

Have a great evening!!
^ name calling.

grahams_hierarchy_of_disagreement-en-svg.png

Thank you for acknowledging that your head is so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine

And then you think that you can get away with interjecting a red herring fallacy about southern democrats and blacks during the Jim Crow era? Just another logical fallacy. Besides being a red herring its a false equivalence fallacy. I'm not taking the bait.
False equivalence? That's what you are doing.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

The 13 states that still ban same-sex marriage - CNN
Sure they can. Just like everyone else. The restriction to marry is the same for all. One man one woman. You can be gay and get married the same as everyone else. That was not true for blacks after the civil war.

That argument was laughed at by the courts
That argument was never made. If it had been made then polygamy would be legal based upon your logic.
Your idiotic argument was made in Loving v Virginia and repeated as an argument against same sex marriage

failed both times

They could always have gotten married in every state. Just like everyone else.
See post 303 dumb fuck
Thanks for proving my point, bro. :thup:
Are you so delusional as to think that I somehow proved your point? What point is that again?
That you resort to name calling because you know you have been beaten.
Not name calling .An observation. What was your point now?
Now you are rationalizing your behaviors.

Cat's out of the bag. "teh gays are contageous, dont normalize their "lifestyles!""

Dingerred = homophobe, case close and its a wrap, coach.

Next?
Says the guy that whenever he insults someone calls them a faggot.

Like you think that is a compliment, amirite?

Defending gay marriage doesn't redeem your true feeling towards gays, GT.
I say faggot to my gay friends as well, dingdong. Words dont have quite the power you wish they did, its their intent. ...but youve been given enough free wisdom for one evening.

Next, its fuck you pay me.

False equivalence? That's what you are doing.

Blacks were denied marriage period. People who prefer to have sex with the same gender were not denied the right to marriage.

Gays are still not allowed to marry in some places. I bet one of them is where you live.

Sure they can. Just like everyone else. The restriction to marry is the same for all. One man one woman. You can be gay and get married the same as everyone else. That was not true for blacks after the civil war.

That argument was never made. If it had been made then polygamy would be legal based upon your logic.
Your idiotic argument was made in Loving v Virginia and repeated as an argument against same sex marriage

failed both times
I'm not arguing Loving v Virginia.

Cat's out of the bag. "teh gays are contageous, dont normalize their "lifestyles!""

Next?

I say faggot to my gay friends as well, dingdong. Words dont have quite the power you wish they did, its their intent. ...but youve been given enough free wisdom for one evening.

^ rationalizing his true colors.

It's OK, GT, calls his friend faggots so when he calls his enemies faggots he doesn't mean it like it's a bad thing. SMH.

Next?

"normalizing gay lifestyles" being an actual real life concern of yours is pretty brutally homophobic, you stupid fucking fag

It's OK, GT, calls his friend faggots so when he calls his enemies faggots he doesn't mean it like it's a bad thing. SMH.
Incorrect, intent matters...not the words as stand alones. Who coulda guessed my free wisdom would have sailed right over your cunning, intellectual brain?

Next?

"normalizing gay lifestyles" being an actual real life concern of yours is pretty brutally homophobic, you stupid fucking fag
Did you call me a stupid fucking fag as a term of endearment, GT?

No worries, bro, I don't take it as an insult.

I'm not homophobic at all, GT.

Incorrect, intent matters...not the words as stand alones. Who coulda guessed my free wisdom would have sailed right over your cunning, intellectual brain?
It is your intent which reveals your true feeling, GT.

Next?

Did you call me a stupid fucking fag as a term of endearment, GT?

No worries, bro, I don't take it as an insult.

I'm not homophobic at all, GT.
When I call you a faggot, the intent is to point out that youre a lame as fuck cumlord.

When I call a friend a fag, its simple ball busting for comeraderie.

Intent, it sailed by you once again...the point.

yannow, im not sure how you get by without caretakers.....can you even pump your own gas>or?

It is your intent which reveals your true feeling, GT.
"intent" and "true feeling" are necessarily synonymous in this context, dumbdumb.

lol!!! Conversations with you might seriously be better with illustrations included, for your convenience.

failed both times
It is the law

Same as Same Sex Marriage

failed both times
Of course your not because Loving was decided on the same constitutional principles as Obergefell but you don't want to hear that.. You can't say that Obergefell was a bad decision without saying that Loving was a bad decision, and if you did , you would be labeled a racist which is somewhat out of fashion. So you won't touch Loving with a ten foot pool. You want to walk that fine line between being an anti gay bigot while appearing to be for racial equality. I'm here to tell you and everyone that racial and sexual bigots are cut from the same cloth and that your mentality would just as soon focus your hate on blacks vs gays in a different era. Haters have got to hate. It's just a matter of who is the most convenient target and what you can get away with at a particular time in history

Emerging Consensus on LGBT Issues: Findings From the 2017 American Values Atlas | PRRI

Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2015 that same sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, support for same-sex marriage has increased substantially. Currently, more than six in ten (61%) Americans say gay and lesbian couples should be able to marry legally, while only about half as many (30%) are opposed.
't b
Strength of support for same-sex marriage has increased dramatically over the past decade, while strength of opposition has fallen in nearly equal measure. Today, Americans who strongly favor same-sex marriage outnumber those who strongly oppose it by more than a two-to-one margin (30% vs. 14%). In 2007, only 13% of the public strongly favored same-sex marriage, while nearly one-quarter (24%) strongly opposed it.1 Much of this shift has occurred within the last five years. As recently as 2013, more than four in ten (42%) Americans opposed same-sex marriage, including about one in four (23%) who strongly opposed it.2 Over the last five years, strong supporters of same-sex marriage increased only modestly, from 25% to 30%.

Even the majority of Muslims are supportive. it looks like the battle is won in the US.

Just what is the point of one group of people deciding that another group of people can't, or shouldn't be, legally married? Why would any sane person have an interest in this "question,' anyway"?
Apparently its a threat to marriage and the survival of the species. Not sure what the threat is but my marriage has only ever been threatened by my shortcomings. Shortcomings that Mrs Tainant has been helpful in pointing out, at length, on a regular basis.

The thing about us pesky heterosexual folks is that we love and care for each other. I am sure that Mrs. Tainant keeps you in line and that you, in turn, keeps her in line. What we all are dealing with is people who cannot keep human sexuality in line.

Sending all blessings to you and Mrs. Tainant. It seems that you two have heterosexuality figured out. I scratch your back and you scratch mine. Love you folks!

PS: the people who are against LBGTs, are the same people who can't figure out the basics of being in a two-sex relationship.
I would hesitate to be critical of anything that Mrs T does. That would not be constructive.

failed both times
Of course your not because Loving was decided on the same constitutional principles as Obergefell but you don't want to hear that.. You can't say that Obergefell was a bad decision without saying that Loving was a bad decision, and if you did , you would be labeled a racist which is somewhat out of fashion. So you won't touch Loving with a ten foot pool. You want to walk that fine line between being an anti gay bigot while appearing to be for racial equality. I'm here to tell you and everyone that racial and sexual bigots are cut from the same cloth and that your mentality would just as soon focus your hate on blacks vs gays in a different era. Haters have got to hate. It's just a matter of who is the most convenient target and what you can get away with at a particular time in history
which is why he diverted from saying that "but but but gays have always had equal marriage rights".....to....its a matter of not wanting to normalize gay lifestyles because of "predictable surprises."

He already blew his wad, bro....you can take the night off :)

also, *pole, lol... (you had pool)

failed both times
which is why he diverted from saying that "but but but gays have always had equal marriage rights".....to....its a matter of not wanting to normalize gay lifestyles because of "predictable surprises."

He already blew his wad, bro....you can take the night off :)

also, *pole, lol... (you had pool)

I asked before what those “ predicable surprises “ are but can’t get an answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People give the politically correct answers to pollsters a lot.
Agreed. They are afraid to answer truthfully because society has shamed them for their beliefs.

Exactly the phenomenon of which Hans Christian Andersen wrote in The Emperor's New Clothes. Foolish people allowing themselves to be shamed and intimidated into playing along with an obvious lie, for fear of how they will be judged if they stand up for the truth.

People give the politically correct answers to pollsters a lot.
Agreed. They are afraid to answer truthfully because society has shamed them for their beliefs.

Exactly the phenomenon of which Hans Christian Andersen wrote in The Emperor's New Clothes. Foolish people allowing themselves to be shamed and intimidated into playing along with an obvious lie, for fear of how they will be judged if they stand up for the truth.
It's like they can't stand anyone who disagrees with them.

I's not enough that I treat all people with respect. I have to conform to their societal views or they ostracize me me.

I believe their guilt drives their notional beliefs. Why else would they be so emotional about this and need to lash out?

Forum List

Back