Guess what rich person paid an 18.4% tax rate last year?

HA! You're quoting an article published by the American Petroleum Institute??? LMAO.
Yeah, that's an unbiased, objective source all right.

And did you actually READ the material? Try it, then get back to me.

I don't have to. I am very familiar with the API having worked in O&G in Texas for many years. They are about as unbiased as the NRA but they pay a whole lot more for their propaganda. Does the article mention anything about the $523,000,000,000 global subsidies? Thanks, I can't wait to hear back from you.

You yourself have worked in O&G? :lol:

Well then if so yes, do tell about the global subsidies.

I don't read propaganda pieces produced by industry lobbyists.

How much weight do you give to climate change warnings from Greenpeace?

So you didn't see footnotes and references.
Gotcha.
If Greenpeace links to the World Wildlife Fund, PETA, and Earth Liberation Front, does that convey legitimacy for them, in your mind?

How can this be a comparison to the use of the article's footnotes and references unless you've seen them?

Your link is bullshit.

Like we're supposed to trust the word of the American Petroleum Institute. :lol:

prove it untrue, or STFU
Who Else Doesn?t Pay Taxes? Top 10 Corporate Deadbeats and Slackers

Here is a list of the top 10 corporate deadbeats and slackers (thanks to Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont):

1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.

9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

In 2010, Chevron paid $12.9 billion in income taxes.

CVX Income Statement | Chevron Corporation Common Stoc Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I'm sure the rest of these claims are just as silly.

How is he a hypocrite?

(just run away - you don't know.)

Castigating, dividing, whipping the exploited into a frenzy over a lie. Don't answer because you haven't the slightest clue.

Still no examples? Just bullshit accusations?

Admit that you have no evidence of thug-like behaviour from President Obama (praise be unto Him!)

Why don't you go peruse his website and click on the groups dropdown in which he uses anecdotal talking points to speak down to different ethnicities and races...and then admit that you lap up O's bullshit like its sweet nectarine.

Well, this thread blew up while I was at work.

Taking advantage of tax "loopholes", in this case reducing your taxable income by increasing your charitable donations, was bad when Romney did it, but suddenly it's all peachy when Obama does it? Obama goes on about on reducing the amount of deductions one is able to get from charitable donations and how the "rich" should "pay their fair share", yet when he maximizes the amount of deductions he can get by making charitable donations so he can pay less, he's not a hypocrite?

The liberal mind is amazing.

Last edited:
That's funny, the thread on this which condemned him for giving to a veteran charity somehow disappeared :doubt:

And did you actually READ the material? Try it, then get back to me.

I don't have to. I am very familiar with the API having worked in O&G in Texas for many years. They are about as unbiased as the NRA but they pay a whole lot more for their propaganda. Does the article mention anything about the $523,000,000,000 global subsidies? Thanks, I can't wait to hear back from you.

Why don't you spell out those subsidies for us? Thanks, I can't wait to hear back from you.

Here you go, toots. Supposed to be up to $660,000,000,000 by 2020, but you just keep drinkin' the API Koolaid:
IEA warns of ballooning world fossil fuel subsidies | Reuters

Taking advantage of tax "loopholes", in this case reducing your taxable income by increasing your charitable donations, was bad when Romney did it, but suddenly it's all peachy when Obama does it? Obama goes on about on reducing the amount of deductions one is able to get from charitable donations and how the "rich" should "pay their fair share", yet when he maximizes the amount of deductions he can get by making charitable donations so he can pay less, he's not a hypocrite?

Why don't you read your own threads? Obama gave 25% of his income to charities. His tax return is online in case you actually want to understand what you are stating.

Last edited:

Well, you left out Romney's Cayman Islands and various other crooked tax shelters, the fact that he paid 13% or less while being millions and millions and millions richer than Obama, the fact that Romney STILL thought his own taxes were too high and that becoming president would be a good way to lower them,

at YOUR expense, yeah,

other than all that the two situations are almost identical. lolol you're a retard in the finest tradition of USMB rightwing retardation.

Well, you left out Romney's Cayman Islands and various other crooked tax shelters, the fact that he paid 13% or less while being millions and millions and millions richer than Obama, the fact that Romney STILL thought his own taxes were too high and that becoming president would be a good way to lower them,

at YOUR expense, yeah,

other than all that the two situations are almost identical. lolol you're a retard in the finest tradition of USMB rightwing retardation.

Crooked tax shelters? Really?

After reading a thread like this one should never ever have to wonder why conservatives cannot win a national election.

cause we don't vote four or five fucking times the way you asshole demoncraps do.

Out there on Long Island many "deceased" people managed to vote, and it made a difference in the very close 50-100 vote margins out here.

Sorry - lazy argument.

Nobody is going to donate money to the Treasury. And he has never asked anyone to.

He is proposing doing away with the deductions and loopholes, which would make his IRS bill climb along with everyone else, who he is asking to pay more.

Clearly you have never looked at a tax form. There is an option for everyone to donate money. And I believe each year the things you can donate increases. I guess your welfare payments don't really make you responsible to pay any taxes.

I never claimed there was no mechanism to donate if you wanted to.

Damn - you ARE a dumbass! :lol:

So Bam Bam doesn't think that he should pay his "fair share" because he's told us over and over again that those "rich" people making 250K a year aren't paying their "fair share"

He had the chance to lead by example and he chose not to take it.

Typical.

at YOUR expense, yeah,

nothing he did was illegal. if you don't like the tax code, call your senator and congressman.

at YOUR expense, yeah,

nothing he did was illegal. if you don't like the tax code, call your senator and congressman.

If you don't like the amount of taxes Obama paid, fuck off.

at YOUR expense, yeah,

Crooked tax shelters? Really?

You want to defend Romney for paying 13% while attacking Obama for paying 18%?

Let's hear it.

After reading a thread like this one should never ever have to wonder why conservatives cannot win a national election.

cause we don't vote four or five fucking times the way you asshole demoncraps do.

No, because conservatism is dead. The fact that broken down old hags like you are all that's left on the right is proof enough.

Why don't you spell out those subsidies for us? Thanks, I can't wait to hear back from you.

Here you go, toots. Supposed to be up to $660,000,000,000 by 2020, but you just keep drinkin' the API Koolaid:
IEA warns of ballooning world fossil fuel subsidies | Reuters

Explain the subsidies to me, in your own words.

No, because conservatism is dead. The fact that broken down old hags like you are all that's left on the right is proof enough.

What are you going to do when the rich have no more money to tax?

Forum List

Back