Guess what rich person paid an 18.4% tax rate last year?

How did President Obama get his tax rate down to 18%?

$125,000 in charitable deductions, deductions for home mortgage interest, deductions of state taxes paid, deductions for his kids

Not a single deduction for dancing horses

He avoided paying taxes by making the big charity contribution, nothing illegal about that. those charities will use the money much more effectively than the government.

Romney also gave big amounts to charity, and thereby avoided taxes-------but that makes him evil.

the hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

Bishop Romney gave money to his cult. That's it.

How did President Obama get his tax rate down to 18%?

$125,000 in charitable deductions, deductions for home mortgage interest, deductions of state taxes paid, deductions for his kids

Not a single deduction for dancing horses

He avoided paying taxes by making the big charity contribution, nothing illegal about that. those charities will use the money much more effectively than the government.

Romney also gave big amounts to charity, and thereby avoided taxes-------but that makes him evil.

I wonder if Obama ever gave money to Rev Wright?

You republicans should thank whatever gods you pray to for obama being around for a 2nd term. Not having much of a life would have been a little tougher for republicans to face without obama to kick around.

I would imagine so

The Obamas' falling tax rate - Steven Sloan and Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, paid the lowest effective tax rate since they moved into the White House by taking advantage of the most popular — and expensive — benefits in the tax code.

Tax returns released by the White House on Friday show that the Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 18.4 percent on more than $608,000 in adjusted gross income earned in 2012. Last year, their rate was 20.5 percent.

They were able to lower the amount of income on which they were taxed by more than $258,000 by claiming several big-ticket deductions.

I'm shocked-- shocked, I tell you!-- to learn that Obama is a blatant hypocrite.

Are the deductions legal? If so, what's the problem?

Millions per year, like Bishop Romney?

prove it untrue, or STFU
Who Else Doesn?t Pay Taxes? Top 10 Corporate Deadbeats and Slackers

Here is a list of the top 10 corporate deadbeats and slackers (thanks to Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont):

1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.

9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

In 2010, Chevron paid $12.9 billion in income taxes.

CVX Income Statement | Chevron Corporation Common Stoc Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I'm sure the rest of these claims are just as silly.
Edythe gets all confused if a number is larger than a single-digit whole number is followed by two zeros. They're emulating dear leader who doesn't know there's a difference between a billion and a trillion dollars and thinks money grows on plastic.

bottom line is bamie is just as big a scum bag as we have always thought he was and so is his fucking side kick warren buffett, 18.4%... fuck I pay way more than that.. bamie is a taker.a slaker and a liar.

bottom line is bamie is just as big a scum bag as we have always thought he was and so is his fucking side kick warren buffett, 18.4%... fuck I pay way more than that.. bamie is a taker.a slaker and a liar.
If only that weren't so true, Willow Tree. What's the big rush to be like Communist countries where there is absolutely zero reasons or rewards to distinguish oneself with accomplishments except to snub successful societies?

Well, you left out Romney's Cayman Islands and various other crooked tax shelters, the fact that he paid 13% or less while being millions and millions and millions richer than Obama, the fact that Romney STILL thought his own taxes were too high and that becoming president would be a good way to lower them,

at YOUR expense, yeah,

other than all that the two situations are almost identical. lolol you're a retard in the finest tradition of USMB rightwing retardation.

Crooked tax shelters? Really?

You want to defend Romney for paying 13% while attacking Obama for paying 18%?

Let's hear it.
Carb, I was just referring to your lie about "crooked tax shelters". If you don't want to back up that statement, it's all on you, dude. :eusa_whistle:

The Obamas' falling tax rate - Steven Sloan and Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, paid the lowest effective tax rate since they moved into the White House by taking advantage of the most popular — and expensive — benefits in the tax code.

Tax returns released by the White House on Friday show that the Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 18.4 percent on more than $608,000 in adjusted gross income earned in 2012. Last year, their rate was 20.5 percent.

They were able to lower the amount of income on which they were taxed by more than $258,000 by claiming several big-ticket deductions.

I'm shocked-- shocked, I tell you!-- to learn that Obama is a blatant hypocrite.

In reality they paid 33.5% on their taxable income.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/complete_return_president_obama_2012.pdf

Forum List

Back