Guess what rich person paid an 18.4% tax rate last year?

Obama's 18% shows that we need to remove deductions and loopholes.

Which is what he has been wanting.

Where is the hypocrisy?

He didn't have to use deductions and loopholes. He could have paid what he felt was his "fair share"

lol. You're an idiot.

Obama = Do as I say leadership.

No, Obama is doing what the GOP said. They blocked almost all of the tax increases on the rich that would have caused Obama's taxes to go up,

in fact, had the GOP had their way, Obama's taxes would have gone down dramatically.

Now you 'nuts are complaining because he paid more taxes than you wanted him to.

That's nuthouse material.

He is our leader. He should lead by example.

The Obamas' falling tax rate - Steven Sloan and Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com

President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, paid the lowest effective tax rate since they moved into the White House by taking advantage of the most popular — and expensive — benefits in the tax code.

Tax returns released by the White House on Friday show that the Obamas paid an effective tax rate of 18.4 percent on more than $608,000 in adjusted gross income earned in 2012. Last year, their rate was 20.5 percent.

They were able to lower the amount of income on which they were taxed by more than $258,000 by claiming several big-ticket deductions.

I'm shocked-- shocked, I tell you!-- to learn that Obama is a blatant hypocrite.

You're shocked because you aren't bright enough to understand the tax code and that these numbers are relatively moderate in terms of wealthy people bending the tax code.

They had a very conservative accountant who did little to reduce their liability.

The first family’s biggest deduction by far stems from the $150,034 in donations they made to 33 charities, including the Fisher House Foundation, a charity that helps the families of wounded veterans, and the Sidwell Friends School, where the president’s daughters attend school.

He paid more in taxes than you make. He gave away more than you make.

Makes almost as much as someone I know very close to, almost intimately I would say.

Yes, he needs to pay more. Change the laws to make the rich pay their fair share.

so you admit obama is a hypocrite for saying the rich should pay more when he does not himself?

Obama filed a legal tax return. He didn't break any laws. How is he a hypocrite?

Do you think he should be donating money to the IRS?

When did the President ever demand that the rich should voluntarily raise their own effective tax rate to 30%, regardless of the law calls for?

aren't you the guy that just posted some crap articles about how much Romney paid?

I was suggesting that if obama really wanted to set an example of "paying your fair share" he could have sent in more.

Yeah, and George Bush could have picked up an M-16 and flew to Iraq if he wanted to fight the Iraqis that badly.

Have you no idea how idiotic you sound? Are you that far gone?

Every person who went to Iraq was a volunteer.

Obama attacked Romney for taking advantage of tax loopholes when claiming credit for the MILLIONS he gave to charity.

But Obama taking the same credits for the THOUSANDS he gave to charity is ok?

Do you not see the point of the thread?

It's wrong for Romney but its ok for Obama.

Double standard. Get it?

Don't bet your rent that they ever will!

I'm less concerned about Obama's 18% rate. He gave a great deal to charity - good for him!

What does bother me is that he wishes to deny to other people the same opportunity to do well and to donate to the charities of their choices...and his income is dwarfed by the enormous taxpayers subsidies to his $1B per year lifestyle, for which he pays 0% in taxes.
None of you were very concerned with Cheney's income, which rose due to the deals he made in secret with oil companies, in a 2001 White House meeting that we still cannot get the transcript from.

Yet you bitch about Obama's money and his transparency. :lol:

What Transparency?

Who WOULDN'T pay the lowest amount they were legally obligated to pay? :dunno: Wouldn't you?

Overheard at the accountants office...
"When you figure out what I owe, tack on an extra couple of grand..."
:eusa_hand: NOT!

Just more proof that the tax code is unfair.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics, and then, watch your kids reach for the stars.

:smoke: It's not rocket science, y'all.

He is leading by example. He followed the laws. Thinking they should be changed doesn't make him a hypocrite. You guys are really flailing here. No wonder you lost to him twice.

He also is still married to his first wife, unlike Noot and El Drugbo. Noot and Rush have been biblically married how many times now between them?

Once again, slowly. you on the left demonized Romney for exactly the same things that you are now worshiping obama for------------its called hypocrisy.

Geez, liberals are thick headed.

And Romney deserved it too. He made millions more than Obama and paid a very generous 14 or 13 percent in taxes. That's way too little. Obama paid more on less income. Mitt got hammered for it, and it's HIS FAULT that he got hammered for it. Seriously, you lost to Obama twice, you buffoons. You're the thick headed ones.

Perhaps you are correct. Perhaps we are the thick headed ones. I mean once the numbers of people on 'benefits' tip the balance above 51% a republican will never get elected again. And I am not so sure we are not there yet. I retire in May, and I can tell you that I wouldn't have done anything differently. As a widow, I got degrees, sent my children to college, and served others for many years. It was hard. It would have been easier to have just drawn benefits. But I can look back and see what I've done in life. I'm pretty sure when you look back all you see is a roach clip.

Sure he's a hypocrite but paying 18 percent is still way to high. Id like to see it down around 12 percent.
How is he a hypocrite?

(just run away - you don't know.)

Castigating, dividing, whipping the exploited into a frenzy over a lie. Don't answer because you haven't the slightest clue.

Still no examples? Just bullshit accusations?

Admit that you have no evidence of thug-like behaviour from President Obama (praise be unto Him!)

Who WOULDN'T pay the lowest amount they were legally obligated to pay? :dunno: Wouldn't you?

Overheard at the accountants office...
"When you figure out what I owe, tack on an extra couple of grand..."
:eusa_hand: NOT!

Just more proof that the tax code is unfair.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics, and then, watch your kids reach for the stars.

:smoke: It's not rocket science, y'all.

I don't pay the least I owe and for a good reason. The amount of the difference if I itemized and what it is taking the standard deduction is not really worth the hassle or the chance of an audit. I did itemize the year I was diagnosed with the PH because I had so many medical bills, travel to Vanderbilt, and some left over from the previous years. That year, all my certifications and licenses lined up to be renewed, which was a considerable amount of money. I also bought out a locum tenens contract so I could work where I do, and get in my last year needed to retire with full benefits. I got back $2800. What I turned in should have gotten me $3300. But the IRS lopped off a chunck said they would send me their reason, but they never did. I won't call them on it because it is already like waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know the IRS isn't looking for taxpayers like me. They want the big fish generally. But, still, I keep my ducks in a row. If I itemized every year, I might get a pittance back, but having to deal with an audit would make it all moot. So, yes, there ARE people who don't pursue it to the Nth degree. It just isn't worth it.

And Obama, as a wealthy person, should have realized the message he would send by doing this, and paid more. I am allowed, what? $5900 to live on? He has EVERY expense paid out of the pockets of the taxpayers, but that isn't good enough for him!

Where is the hypocrisy?

He didn't have to use deductions and loopholes. He could have paid what he felt was his "fair share"
Sorry - lazy argument.

Nobody is going to donate money to the Treasury. And he has never asked anyone to.

He is proposing doing away with the deductions and loopholes, which would make his IRS bill climb along with everyone else, who he is asking to pay more.

aren't you the guy that just posted some crap articles about how much Romney paid?

I was suggesting that if obama really wanted to set an example of "paying your fair share" he could have sent in more.

Yeah, and George Bush could have picked up an M-16 and flew to Iraq if he wanted to fight the Iraqis that badly.

Really? They didn't get paid? They get no benefits?

Dumbass. :lol:

Where is the hypocrisy?

Sorry - lazy argument.

Nobody is going to donate money to the Treasury. And he has never asked anyone to.

He is proposing doing away with the deductions and loopholes, which would make his IRS bill climb along with everyone else, who he is asking to pay more.

Clearly you have never looked at a tax form. There is an option for everyone to donate money. And I believe each year the things you can donate increases. I guess your welfare payments don't really make you responsible to pay any taxes.

You are using the same old 1969s rhetoric. I was there. I remember it. "Old men send young men to war." bla bla bla bla. They were getting paid in those days too. So you have made no point at all.

Oh BTW: You are not required to sign your posts.

Sorry - lazy argument.

Clearly you have never looked at a tax form. There is an option for everyone to donate money. And I believe each year the things you can donate increases. I guess your welfare payments don't really make you responsible to pay any taxes.

I never claimed there was no mechanism to donate if you wanted to.

Damn - you ARE a dumbass! :lol:

You are using the same old 1969s rhetoric. I was there. I remember it. "Old men send young men to war." bla bla bla bla. They were getting paid in those days too. So you have made no point at all.

Oh BTW: You are not required to sign your posts.
You're saying they volunteered to take a job - the military.

Well, everyone who goes to work volunteered to do their job.

You have no point.

Forum List

Back