Zone1 guess which saint is Patron of the Americas?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
Time's up

It's Mary, the Virgin Mother

I think she gave up on us, though... too much debauchery going on in the northern part of that territory... probably the southern as well but I haven't visited.

Venezuela became commie, I know that.. and the Catholic Church (the real one, not the Vatican) condemned communism

so yeh Mary probably doesn't visit us much... too much filth... But she appeared in Portugal in 1917

Fatima

She showed the children souls in Hell... scared the poor little things.. but they obeyed what she said and ended up in Heaven, we are told

Time's up

I think she gave up on us, though... too much debauchery going on in the northern part of that territory... probably the southern as well but I haven't visited.

Venezuela became commie, I know that.. and the Catholic Church (the real one, not the Vatican) condemned communism

so yeh Mary probably doesn't visit us much... too much filth... But she appeared in Portugal in 1917

Fatima

She showed the children souls in Hell... scared the poor little things.. but they obeyed what she said and ended up in Heaven, we are told
She's dead and buried awaiting the Return of her son

Time's up

Fatima

Saint Rose of Lima was the first Saint canonized in the Americas. Interesting life.

Saint Rose of Lima was the first Saint canonized in the Americas. Interesting life.

I've heard of her but I often get different saints mixed up w/ others

What is interesting about her? I mean, you know, most interesting?

I thought it was Chesty Puller. ;)

7c6b988782bf269990e1b3365436b79a.jpg

I will PM you. My connection with St. Rose is personal.

i don't get PMs.. but I can do some research on her

The longer I live the more I enjoy reading about the saints and their struggles. I need to find a saint for those who... well, a saint who knows what it's like to be ticked at God (although I only feel that way once or twice a month... usually)

St Teresa of Avila.. she was travelling one time, trying to do God's work (not sure what) and the ox cart overturned or whatever it was and she landed on the ground. She said to God

"If this is the way you treat your friends, it's no wonder you have so few of them"

LMAO

The Lutheran Church (which I grew up in) does not pray to/through Saints and even after I left the church I’ve never found a need to either.

If “God” doesn’t want to give me a direct line to Him via prayer, I’m not going through the office staff to get to Him.

The Lutheran Church (which I grew up in) does not pray to/through Saints and even after I left the church I’ve never found a need to either.

If “God” doesn’t want to give me a direct line to Him via prayer, I’m not going through the office staff to get to Him.
well, they knew what it was like being human (seemingly, at times, unable to do what Jesus said?)

Imagine what the Queen of Saints went through... Here she was serving God all her life and He gives her this beautiful Child and she had Him for about 33 years and then... you know the rest.. She had to see Him mistreated and murdered and for what wrong-doing?

She was a virgin and conceived w/o original sin... It seems that therefore, she couldn't understand all the sin that was committed against her son.. So that is why the saints are there for us.. they understand. And I have reason to believe the Queen of Saints, Mary, is a great way to get rid of the evil one. Yes, being connected to the Father does that also. But Jesus did say that no one gets to the Father except through... One who was human AND God, namely HIM

and His mother helps....

i don't get PMs.. but I can do some research on her

The longer I live the more I enjoy reading about the saints and their struggles. I need to find a saint for those who... well, a saint who knows what it's like to be ticked at God (although I only feel that way once or twice a month... usually)

St Teresa of Avila.. she was travelling one time, trying to do God's work (not sure what) and the ox cart overturned or whatever it was and she landed on the ground. She said to God

"If this is the way you treat your friends, it's no wonder you have so few of them"

LMAO

That'll be interesting research. I'll keep an eye out. I just ordered a cool looking book that examines the stories of the Saints, one Saint a day for 365 days. A good way to springboard into more research on the individual Saints I find most interesting.

I've heard of her but I often get different saints mixed up w/ others

What is interesting about her? I mean, you know, most interesting?
Some info:

She was born as Isabel Flores de Oliva in the city of Lima, then in the Viceroyalty of Peru, on 20 April 1586. She was one of eleven children of Gaspar Flores [es], a harquebusier in the Imperial Spanish army whose family were from Baños de Montemayor, Cáceres, Spain and later travelled to Puerto Rico.[5][6] His wife and Rose's mother, María de Oliva y Herrera (b. 1560), was a criolla native of Lima.[7] Her maternal grandparents were Francisco de Oliva and Isabel de Herrera. Rose’s siblings (in birth order) were Gaspar, Bernardina, Hernando, Francisco, Juana, Antonio, Andrés, Francisco and Jacinta, all born in Lima.[8]

Plaque in Baños de Montemayor, Spain dedicated to Gaspar Flores, the father of Rose of Lima.
Her later nickname "Rose" comes from an incident in her infancy: a servant claimed to have seen her face transform into a rose. In 1597 Isabel was confirmed by the Archbishop of Lima, Toribio de Mogrovejo, who was also to be declared a saint. She formally took the name of Rose (Rosa in Spanish) at that time.[4]

Forum List

Back