Guess why this school brawl remained a local story

It would be if it were some alleged intolerance between a darling group and a non darling group. This was "african american" vs somali muslims (despite being african american), and it's a local story. If it were between whites and balcks, do you think it would have been a local story?

People really do overestimate how much others are interested in local news, there seem to be lots of threads implying some coverup by the media when it just isn't worthy of national headlines.

People really do overestimate how much others are interested in local news, there seem to be lots of threads implying some coverup by the media when it just isn't worthy of national headlines.

That concerns me at times--the distinct paranoid outlook expressed on the internet.

I assume there are reasons but I am not interested enough to investigate.

No shortage of journalists and media in Atlanta--CNN and others--they don't miss much and freely share their ideas.

That concerns me at times--the distinct paranoid outlook expressed on the internet.
I think it is overly represented on message boards, just by the very nature of the paranoid types are more likely to be the loudest around as they get to share a connection with each other online that they lack or find harder to make in real life.

It is an interesting window though, you really do see how many people suffer from mild mental illness that manifests itself in irrational paranoia. Not really this thread but in some others it is astounding how many convoluted leaps of logic those poor saps will make to maintain their belief in the least likely explanation, it almost makes one wonder if how they can function holding a job that requires any type of decision making skills.

It would be if it were some alleged intolerance between a darling group and a non darling group. This was "african american" vs somali muslims (despite being african american), and it's a local story. If it were between whites and balcks, do you think it would have been a local story?

Immigrants from Somalia don't think of themselves as African Americans. To black Americans they share some kind of heritage, but not to African immigrants. To the somalie students, they aren't fighting among their own kind. They see only infidels.

Forum List

Back