Gun control polls

You can own hundreds of fully automatic ar-15 ( theyre easy enough to convert )
1: How do you know they are "easy to convert"
2: How many federal laws do you break when you convert one?

What I AM saying is that WE ( you and ME ...see how Im including myself in this, you brainless twits? ) need to STOP with the stupid slogans and realize that OUR RIGHT is being paid for in the blood of six year old girls.
Lots of freedoms are paid for in blood, some of which comes from 6-yr old girls.
if we restrcited everthing that has ever killed a 6-y old girl, there's little we;d be able to do.
He's talking out of his ass. You know and I know it, and he knows it.
Indeed.

Gun Control Polls Show Longterm Decline In Support, Despite Columbine Bump

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?

I completely support the 2nd ammendment and don't think we need the ability to buy fully automatic assult rifles or assult rifles that have magazines with a larger capacity than 10 bullets.

I should be allowed to buy a semi automatic rifle/assult rifle though.

Last edited:

Sadly, we have very short memories. While the rabid right wing gun loons step over the bodies of dead children to tout their "right" to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips, the rest of us get busy with other things.

Then, there's another shooting and even though we know our fixation with being able to blast the life out of little old ladies, children and babies is somehow less than healthy, we let it go because we're scared to take on the damn gun lobby.

Why do the gun loons want criminals and crazies to be able to buy tear gas, assault weapons and high volume ammo clips? EXACTLY how are those used in self defense or hunting?

I own guns but I don't believe it should be the right for every froot loop to be able to buy these unnecessary items.

How many of you gun nuts feel you absolutely MUST be able to buy assault rifles and the big clips? How 'bout the tear gas? How do you use that? If a bad guy is in your yard, do you just throw it out the door?

Huh?

I completely support the 2nd ammendment and don't think we need the ability to buy fully automatic assult rifles or assult rifles that have magazines with a larger capacity than 10 bullets.

I completely support the second amendment when the police and military turn in their high capacity magazines I will also. Why does the police need them? Why does the military need them here in America?

Huh?

I completely support the second amendment when the police and military turn in their high capacity magazines I will also. Why does the police need them? Why does the military need them here in America?

To kill mass amounts of people quickly and efficiently (military) and to confront citizens with the same level of weaponry (police swat).

I was just saying I don't have a problem living under the gun restrictions in my state of MA. I wouldn't fight for any type of restrictions personally but I don't take issue with the type of restrictions I mentioned.

Huh?
There is no better example of a weapon protected by the 2nd than an AR-15 w/ 20/30-rd USGI magazines.

Huh?

What is an assult rifle? And who are YOU to tell me what maximum capacity my legally purchased magazines are allowed to have, when I have committed no crime and the Constitution plainly says I have the Right?

Huh?
There is no better example of a weapon protected by the 2nd than an AR-15 w/ 20/30-rd USGI magazines.

I don't think the 2nd ammendment was originally intended to cover any type of firearm/weapon whatsoever. I think its original intent was to make sure the populace could and would remain armed at all times so that the govt could not usurp the people's liberty by force of arms.

I understand that with the logic I presented above you can say "well that is the very reason we need a 30 round mag in our AR-15" but I still don't take a huge issue with that type of restriction.

We just view it differently and I've formed my opinion after years of talking about and looking into the subject.

I have a somewhat related question. Do you think that I, as a citizen, should be able to buy a tank and the shells for the gun on it? How about a jet fighter with missles and bombs that work? (I'm just looking to see if you are 100% consistant in your position and am telling you so you don't think i'm trying to trip you up ;))

"the head of the government and the head of the military is the same person."

And it matters not at all what the head decides if the hand does not comply with orders. Been there done that.

Huh?

Rights are not based on needs. They are based upon liberty. MAKE SURE TO GIVE YOURS UP AT THE DOOR.

I don't think the 2nd ammendment was originally intended to cover any type of firearm/weapon whatsoever.
According to the SCotUS, to be proteced by the 2nd, a weapon must be suitable for service in the militia, be of common use at the time, be part of the ordinary militart equipment, and suitable for the traditionally lawful uses of a firearm.

No better example than the AR-15 I mentioned.

I have a somewhat related question. Do you think that I, as a citizen, should be able to buy a tank and the shells for the gun on it? How about a jet fighter with missles and bombs that work?
See above. The 2nd doesnt cover these weapons.

I don't think the 2nd ammendment was originally intended to cover any type of firearm/weapon whatsoever.
According to the SCotUS, to be proteced by the 2nd, a weapon must be suitable for service in the militia, be of common use at the time, be part of the ordinary militart equipment, and suitable for the traditionally lawful uses of a firearm.

No better example than the AR-15 I mentioned.

I have a somewhat related question. Do you think that I, as a citizen, should be able to buy a tank and the shells for the gun on it? How about a jet fighter with missles and bombs that work?
See above. The 2nd doesnt cover these weapons.
Wasnt Scalia recently quoted as those things have not been decided yet?

Huh?

Rights are not based on needs. They are based upon liberty. MAKE SURE TO GIVE YOURS UP AT THE DOOR.

Do you even remember who I am and what my majority positions on things are? Get your bogus talking point reaction away from me, i'm here to discuss not play that stupid left/right game.

Do you even remember who I am and what my majority positions on things are? Get your bogus talking point reaction away from me, i'm here to discuss not play that stupid left/right game.

Then defeat this adage with your needs summary.............

It is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.....

You may lean right. But giveaway your rights not mine.

Huh?

What is an assult rifle? And who are YOU to tell me what maximum capacity my legally purchased magazines are allowed to have, when I have committed no crime and the Constitution plainly says I have the Right?

An assault rifle is a fully automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

I am a citizen with opinions on the 2nd ammendment just like you who has the same right to interpret the 2nd ammendment and the litany of court cases surrounding it in the way that I see them.

The 2nd ammendment says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The 2nd ammendment does protect our liberty and right to own arms, which I personally enjoy, but it does not give us the indefinate liberty to purchase any type of armament we want.

Then defeat this adage with your needs summary.............

It is better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.....

You may lean right. But giveaway your rights not mine.

I'm not giving away your rights at all nor my own. I wouldn't give up my guns even if they tried to pass a law outlawing all firearms. Please stay away from the hyperpartisan reactionary stuff with me and read what I'm actually writing.

An assault rifle is a fully automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.

I am a citizen with opinions on the 2nd ammendment just like you who has the same right to interpret the 2nd ammendment and the litany of court cases surrounding it in the way that I see them.

The 2nd ammendment says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The 2nd ammendment does protect our liberty and right to own arms, which I personally enjoy, but it does not give us the indefinate liberty to purchase any type of armament we want.

Court opinion supporting your position of lets say rocket launchers as Scalia did.

You do have some dont you?

Court opinion supporting your position of lets say rocket launchers as Scalia did.

Mind retyping that? I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you asking for court cases that back up my opinion that the courts have deemed it ok to limit us from purchasing a specific type of weapon?

Mind retyping that? I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you asking for court cases that back up my opinion that the courts have deemed it ok to limit us from purchasing a specific type of weapon?

No I am asking for the court opinion of other types of armaments. Scalia was just quoted.....they have not been decided.

Dont be so damn willing to give up your liberty.

No better example than the AR-15 I mentioned. The M16 qualifies as well.

No I am asking for the court opinion of other types of armaments. Scalia was just quoted.....they have not been decided.

Dont be so damn willing to give up your liberty.

Dude c'mon with the bullshit line about giving up my liberty. Get your red herring out of here man I'm not advocating to lose the liberty and right to own firearms and you know I'm not, I find you repeating this over and over insulting due to how it dishonestly portrays what I have written.

I'm still unsure of what you want me to get for you, there are tons of court cases about certain types of firearms being restricted from ownership. If you mean armaments other than firearms here http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/ATF/e0505/final.pdf

another example of restrictions on explosive type weapons 288 F.3d 584: Southern Blasting Services, Incorporated; Piedmont Drilling & Blasting, Incorporated, Plaintiffs-appellants, v. Wilkes County, North Carolina, a Body Politic; Kevin D. Bounds, Wilkes County Fire Marshal, Defendants-appellees :: US Court

Forum List

Back