CDZ gun magazine bullet limits...they only effect law abiding gun owners so why do we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.....they wanted to murder a whole bunch of people...including first responders.....do some research....
True enough but did they have an escape plan? It seems many mass shooters just stay and keep killing, knowing the cops will eventually stop them.

Guns are not the issue with suicide...but keep pushing it.......it isn't deaths by suicide that you have a problem with....it is the mere presence of guns ....
1/2 of suicides in this country use guns so it is an issue. Suicide by other means is just as tragic, they are just off topic and gun control would have no effect on them.

Gun control would have no effect on the people who used guns..they would just use something else.

No.....they wanted to murder a whole bunch of people...including first responders.....do some research....
True enough but did they have an escape plan? It seems many mass shooters just stay and keep killing, knowing the cops will eventually stop them.

This is why the one kid did it....from the FBI investigation....

What the boy was really expressing was contempt.

He is disgusted with the morons around him. These are not the rantings of an angry young man, picked on by jocks until he's not going to take it anymore. These are the rantings of someone with a messianic-grade superiority complex, out to punish the entire human race for its appalling inferiority. It may look like hate, but "It's more about demeaning other people," says Hare.

---

Their view of Harris is more reassuring, in a certain way. Harris was not a wayward boy who could have been rescued. Harris, they believe, was irretrievable. He was a brilliant killer without a conscience, searching for the most diabolical scheme imaginable. If he had lived to adulthood and developed his murderous skills for many more years, there is no telling what he could have done. His death at Columbine may have stopped him from doing something even worse.

This is why the one kid did it....from the FBI investigation...
"Klebold is easier to comprehend, a more familiar type. He was hotheaded, but depressive and suicidal. He blamed himself for his problems."

As I said, just my personal theory.

The pollsters are not idiots, they factor in human nature. If you, as an amateur anticipate these reactions you can bet the pros are all over it.

So they just know if someone who owns guns tells them they don't have guns in the house?

There is no way to know how many people lie to pollsters
On the contrary they know exactly how many people lied. They don't know who lied but, with a statistically significant sample they can be frighteningly precise.

There is no way to know who lied to the question, "Do you own any guns?"

Here are the suicide stats from the CDC for 2014....more people killed themselves without a gun than with a gun.....so...now what do the anti gunners say.....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr65/nvsr65_04.pdf

Gun suicide..... 21,334

non gun suicide.... 21,439
That 21,334 deaths is a tragedy and if some of them can be prevented that is something worth doing.
You cannot say with any certainty that any suicide would not have happened if the person could not get a gun

The whole "If we can save one person if we had less guns" thing is just speculation.

I can easily speculate that more people will be killed because they didn't have a gun in their possession to protect themselves.

Everything is a choice even suicide and it's not your, mine or anyone else's right to tell other people what to do

Gun control would have no effect on the people who used guns..they would just use something else.
The evidence points exactly the other way.

Wrong....entire countries that have either banned guns or have all of the extreme gun control you want have higher suicide rates than we do....guns are not the issue.

This is why the one kid did it....from the FBI investigation...
"Klebold is easier to comprehend, a more familiar type. He was hotheaded, but depressive and suicidal. He blamed himself for his problems."

As I said, just my personal theory.

The leader was a psychopath.....your theory has a 50% failure rate....

Not really since half of all suicides do not use guns. Anyone who wants to will still commit suicide gun or no gun
re: Anyone who wants to will still commit suicide gun or no gun
I provided links that says you're wrong. So.... Is that your gut, experience, or ideology talking, or do you have something to back up your words?

Not really since half of all suicides do not use guns. Anyone who wants to will still commit suicide gun or no gun

In 2014 more than half of all suicides were non gun suicides....
Obviously they would have different solutions. But I'm still not willing to ignore 21,000 deaths if even 1/2 could be saved.

Wrong....entire countries that have either banned guns or have all of the extreme gun control you want have higher suicide rates than we do....guns are not the issue.
You're right, guns are not the issue but they are one of the many issues. No one commits suicide because they have a gun but not having a gun may still prevent some.

Everything is a choice even suicide and it's not your, mine or anyone else's right to tell other people what to do
As I've said before, if you make a rational choice they fine, I wouldn't stop you. If you're depressed and make an impulsive decision, aided by drugs or alcohol, then I'd try and stop you. Do you disagree?

I provided links that says you're wrong. So.... Is that your gut, experience, or ideology talking, or do you have something to back up your words?

It is a fact from around the world.......Japan, no guns for civilians, higher suicide rate than us.

China, no guns for civilians, higher suicide rate than us.

South Korea, no guns for civilians...higher suicide rate than us.

France, extreme gun control...every gun control law you guys want...higher suicide rate than us.

You're right, guns are not the issue but they are one of the many issues. No one commits suicide because they have a gun but not having a gun may still prevent some.

and not having buildings over 2 stories will prevent some, not having trains will prevent others, not having prescription and over the counter drugs will prevent others............

Obviously they would have different solutions. But I'm still not willing to ignore 21,000 deaths if even 1/2 could be saved.

Not ignoring them either....you solution doesn't help......just like with crime...you focus on guns, not the actual problem.

It is a fact from around the world.......Japan, no guns for civilians, higher suicide rate than us.

China, no guns for civilians, higher suicide rate than us.

South Korea, no guns for civilians...higher suicide rate than us.

France, extreme gun control...every gun control law you guys want...higher suicide rate than us.
Noted, but I think we'd both agree that there are more differences between these cultures than just guns.

Not ignoring them either....you solution doesn't help......just like with crime...you focus on guns, not the actual problem.
Not the problem but a factor: the suicide rate decreases about 10 percent if you keep a gun in your house unloaded. And then it decreases another 10 percent if you keep it locked and unloaded, and then another 10 percent if you keep it locked, unloaded, and keep the ammunition locked somewhere else. If you prolong the time that it takes someone to kill themselves, there’s more time for them to change their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back