CDZ gun magazine bullet limits...they only effect law abiding gun owners so why do we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is giving up their rights for the 2nd Amendment.......criminals killing people has nothing to do with our right to keep and bear arms.......Americans use guns to save lives 1,500,000 times a year.....according to the Department of Justice.......so guns in the hands of normal, law abiding, good people save far more lives than they take when they are misused, and used illegally.......

You are obviously just trying to cause trouble.....you should stop.
You've used the 1.5 m DGU number before but I don't recall you citing the DoJ. I know the Kleck survey found a large number but I can't find any DoJ survey, only a Kleck citation. Is the 1.5 m number Kleck's or not?

Regardless, I find it somewhat hypocritical that you accept this survey but not previous ones we discussed. As I recall you said people lie to anonymous callers. True or do you want to have it both ways?

Alan, have you ever needed your 5th Amendment rights? Can we agree that SOME people have used their 5th Amendment right to get away with a crime which allowed them to harm more people?

Alan, have you ever needed your 5th Amendment rights? Can we agree that SOME people have used their 5th Amendment right to get away with a crime which allowed them to harm more people?
No idea where you're taking me but... I've never invoked the 5th Amendment but I'm sure some guilty people have.

No idea where you're taking me but... I've never invoked the 5th Amendment but I'm sure some guilty people have.

No doubt some guilty people have used the 5th which DIRECTLY led to them harming more people later on, so we should remove YOUR 5th Amendment rights , right?

in the realm of registering firearms or permits

felons are excluded from have to do so

says the Supreme Court

No doubt some guilty people have used the 5th which DIRECTLY led to them harming more people later on, so we should remove YOUR 5th Amendment rights , right?
not the same. if you can't convict w/o a confession you don't really know they are guilty.

not the same. if you can't convict w/o a confession you don't really know they are guilty.

It's the SAME thing. I'm suggesting removing one of your enumerated rights because SOME people have misused that right.

I'm suggesting removing one of your enumerated rights because SOME people have misused that right.
I admire your ideological purity but not your values.

I don't believe all rights are created equal. As important as the 5th or 2nd is, it is trumped by the right to life.

and not having buildings over 2 stories will prevent some, not having trains will prevent others, not having prescription and over the counter drugs will prevent others............
Would you remove the fences that keep people from jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge? How many people would you be willing to let die to ensure there are no restrictions on your precious 2nd? Rights have value but so do lives, IMHO.

If 50M Americans chose to use a gun to kill 50M other Americans TOMORROW, I would STILL object to you removing MY rights based on what other CHOSE to do.

GOT IT? Good.
Got it. Your right to a gun is more important than the lives of 50 million people. That sounds fair and balanced to me.

My life and what I do with has absolutely nothing to do with yours or anyone else's life

How does my owning a gun make you or anyone else less safe?

Let me help you out here

It doesn't

My values have nothing to do with the conversation. I refuse to give up my rights. PERIOD
On the contrary, you value your rights, that is why you refuse to give them up. In fact, as you've said, you value them more you value human life. You can give up your life for your rights, many good people did just that to give you your 2nd amendment right, but I don't think it is moral to ask others to give up their lives for your rights. Those are my values.

Tell you what you give up all your rights for 5 years and then let us know how your life is going.
After all the loss of all your rights will make it easier for the government to save the life of 1 person won't it?

I'm suggesting removing one of your enumerated rights because SOME people have misused that right.

I don't believe all rights are created equal. As important as the 5th or 2nd is, it is trumped by the right to life.

yes that is why the 2nd is important

i assuredly have the right to defend my and my families life

My life and what I do with has absolutely nothing to do with yours or anyone else's life

Let me help you out here

It doesn't
Do you live on your own planet? If a criminal breaks into your house and steals your gun then we're all a little less safe.

Let me help you out here

It doesn't
Do you live on your own planet? If a criminal breaks into your house and steals your gun then we're all a little less safe.

if a criminal breaks into your home and steals your car

we are all a little less safe

There is no right to life in the Bill of Rights
True enough but this country and the Constitution are founded on some unalienable Rights.

Let me help you out here

It doesn't

When I am not home no one can steal my guns as they are locked in a 500 lb safe with a 6 digit combination lock that is secured by concrete anchors in my basement. My house has an alarm system and I have 3 good sized dogs.

So tell me how do those guns endanger you or anyone else?

There is no right to life in the Bill of Rights
True enough but this country and the Constitution are founded on some unalienable Rights.

There is no guaranteed right to life. If there was we could never have capital punishment
But funny how you say people have a right to life yet you do not believe they have a right to take their own life

Let me help you out here

It doesn't

When I am not home no one can steal my guns as they are locked in a 500 lb safe with a 6 digit combination lock that is secured by concrete anchors in my basement. My house has an alarm system and I have 3 good sized dogs.

So tell me how do those guns endanger you or anyone else?
Excellent! My compliments on your set up.

One question: If you feel such security is necessary shouldn't every gun owner be required to do the same? Or at least have some sort of minimum security standards for their guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back