CDZ gun magazine bullet limits...they only effect law abiding gun owners so why do we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but my car was not designed to kill people.
Neither are these rifles:
biathlon-004.jpg

Still, in the US, cars kill over 30,000 people per year. How odd that you want to ban or limit Second Amendment rights yet have no concern over 30K+ people killed by cars.

Police: 5 killed, 6 hurt in serious LIE crash

Still, in the US, cars kill over 30,000 people per year. How odd that you want to ban or limit Second Amendment rights yet have no concern over 30K+ people killed by cars.
Cars have gotten much safer over the years. Is the same true of guns?

Traffic laws...they only effect law abiding car owners so why do we need them.

Needing a license to practice medicine laws... they only effect law abiding doctors so why do we need them.

Banking laws... they only effect law abiding bankers so why do we need them.

All the FDA laws...they only effect law abiding food and drug manufacturers so why do we need them

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I'm suggesting removing one of your enumerated rights because SOME people have misused that right.
I admire your ideological purity but not your values.

I don't believe all rights are created equal. As important as the 5th or 2nd is, it is trumped by the right to life.

There is no right to life in the Bill of Rights
True enough but this country and the Constitution are founded on some unalienable Rights.

LOL Of course the Bill of Rights guarantees the right to life itself, do you people even READ the COTUS , ever?

The 10th Amendment CLEARLY states that not all rights are enumerated and thus just because something isn't specifically mentioned doesnt mean it isn't a right.

I guess the founders just assumed that future generations would be smart enough to figure out that the right to life was insured by the COTUS.

My life and what I do with has absolutely nothing to do with yours or anyone else's life

How does my owning a gun make you or anyone else less safe?

Let me help you out here

It doesn't
Do you live on your own planet? If a criminal breaks into your house and steals your gun then we're all a little less safe.

When I am not home no one can steal my guns as they are locked in a 500 lb safe with a 6 digit combination lock that is secured by concrete anchors in my basement. My house has an alarm system and I have 3 good sized dogs.

So tell me how do those guns endanger you or anyone else?
Excellent! My compliments on your set up.

One question: If you feel such security is necessary shouldn't every gun owner be required to do the same? Or at least have some sort of minimum security standards for their guns.

No I do not think people should be told what to do in their own homes.
If a gun is stolen it is never the victims fault and always the criminal's fault.
Holding the public responsible for the acts of criminals doesn't make sense

It's an unenumerated right. It's also included in the Declaration of Independence.
The declaration of Independence is not the document which establishes our legal rights
The Constitution does not guarantee a right to life anywhere.

The right to life is mentioned in the preamble only and the preamble is not the legally binding text of the document

I'm suggesting removing one of your enumerated rights because SOME people have misused that right.
I admire your ideological purity but not your values.

I don't believe all rights are created equal. As important as the 5th or 2nd is, it is trumped by the right to life.

True enough but this country and the Constitution are founded on some unalienable Rights.

LOL Of course the Bill of Rights guarantees the right to life itself, do you people even READ the COTUS , ever?

The 10th Amendment CLEARLY states that not all rights are enumerated and thus just because something isn't specifically mentioned doesnt mean it isn't a right.

I guess the founders just assumed that future generations would be smart enough to figure out that the right to life was insured by the COTUS.

The tenth amendment gives authority to the states over anything not specifically listed in the Constitution
If there indeed was a guaranteed right to life then capital punishment would never have been legal

Excellent! My compliments on your set up.

One question: If you feel such security is necessary shouldn't every gun owner be required to do the same? Or at least have some sort of minimum security standards for their guns.

No I do not think people should be told what to do in their own homes.
If a gun is stolen it is never the victims fault and always the criminal's fault.
Holding the public responsible for the acts of criminals doesn't make sense
If there is a young child in your house that finds a gun and kills someone with it, who is responsible? Is there a way to prevent such a tragedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back