Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

I've not been to the restaurant; I don't know what the distances are. But the women, the restaurant management and the police all figured that they were close enough.

Regardless, it's the vision of what's going on outside the window and what might happen in the moment. And that includes the fact that those people are able-bodied and capable of walking forward; they're not rooted to the ground.

I don't know why you keep beating this dead horse; yes they were within the law, no nobody got shot -- but in the moment when they show up, they merit attention. And they got it. To pretend such an event DOES NOT merit attention and checking out would be insane. But that's the stretch y'all insist on making here.

They all figured that? When? Are you privy to top secret information that no one else on the planet has seen again?
I believe the restaurant manager declined to call the police. I'm willing to bet that either the women did, or the lying sack of shit photographer who chose to snap a shot from the side to falsely show them in a confrontational stance.

Exactly who did snap that picture? Do we know?

The captioned photo that was posted several times always says the two photos were taken "at the same time", which seems to indicate some kind of cooperative shoot, and would seem to indicate the OCT group was aware of both (they certainly posed for the frontal shot). If that's true, why would they deliberately pose for what would be later called a deceiving angle?

Just another case of not thinking things through?

I've not been to the restaurant; I don't know what the distances are. But the women, the restaurant management and the police all figured that they were close enough.

Regardless, it's the vision of what's going on outside the window and what might happen in the moment. And that includes the fact that those people are able-bodied and capable of walking forward; they're not rooted to the ground.

I don't know why you keep beating this dead horse; yes they were within the law, no nobody got shot -- but in the moment when they show up, they merit attention. And they got it. To pretend such an event DOES NOT merit attention and checking out would be insane. But that's the stretch y'all insist on making here.

They all figured that? When? Are you privy to top secret information that no one else on the planet has seen again?

I read this post from the bottom, not seeing whose name was on it. From the sheer trollistic inanity I figured Unkotare. But no, it's Bag-o-Wind.

Ah, same difference. :eusa_whistle:

Shall I take that as an admission that you lied?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

A ticking time bomb that you anti gunners have created in your own mind. Here's a suggest anti gunners meet pro gunners for a duel last one standing wins.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

A ticking time bomb that you anti gunners have created in your own mind. Here's a suggest anti gunners meet pro gunners for a duel last one standing wins.

Oh, you rascally Hell Raiser you!

Strange, I don't remember saying a thing about personal protection.

FYI, I carry a knife with me every where I go. I don't walk out of the house without it, and it is not because I am afraid that someone might attack me.

But, please, keep putting thoughts inside my head, and telling me how brave you are.

I have a little Kershaw switchblade that I always have with me. I open boxes and packages all the time. A knife is as vital as a pen.

Amazon.com: kershaw assisted opening

What was the purpose of the women's meeting? It was to intimidate law abiding, freedom loving gun owners. Is not turn about fair play?

I suppose the men may have known that the women would feel intimidated. So what? Some people are intimidated by clowns. Is that the clowns' fault. Some are afraid of spiders. Is that a spider's purpose in life?
So, intimidation is in the eyes of the intimidated.
Feel free to come to my home armed. I will be 100% cool with that. Just don't ask me to come up on the roof with you. THAT intimidates the shit out of me.

I don't think so.

I think that the intent of the civil rights opponents was a photo-op. Those seeking to revoke civil rights are a tiny minority. They depend on the corrupt media to hype their message. Four women demanding that civil rights be stripped are going to be ignored by the public at large, but not by the media. They were there to pose for the cameras and act as background while media hacks spun tales of woe and sorrow that only the revocation of the Bill of Rights can possibly set right.

The response of the civil rights activists was exactly correct - this was a media show, a staged event. Showing up with arms demonstrated that armed people are peaceful and that those in favor of civil rights dwarf those seeking to revoke them. The hate site ThinkProgress tried to salvage the staged event, but that sort of blew up on them when they got caught manipulating the photos...

This is just the typical sleaze and demagoguery from the anti-liberty left.

I believe the restaurant manager declined to call the police. I'm willing to bet that either the women did, or the lying sack of shit photographer who chose to snap a shot from the side to falsely show them in a confrontational stance.

The captioned photo that was posted several times always says the two photos were taken "at the same time", which seems to indicate some kind of cooperative shoot, and would seem to indicate the OCT group was aware of both (they certainly posed for the frontal shot). If that's true, why would they deliberately pose for what would be later called a deceiving angle?

How and why does it indicate cooperation. They were out in the open, in plain view of anyone who walked by. Temporal proximity.... is there a name for that fallacy?

One shot is a posed group photo. The second is taken from an unflattering perspective. This is more an indication of competition than collusion. Then there is the matter of just one photo being used against the group.

ETA: Not one person in the side view is looking at the camera. Logic dictates that at least one person would be aware that they are to be shot from a side view as well if it was a cooperative effort.

Last edited:

I read this post from the bottom, not seeing whose name was on it. From the sheer trollistic inanity I figured Unkotare. But no, it's Bag-o-Wind.

Ah, same difference. :eusa_whistle:

Shall I take that as an admission that you lied?

You can take that as an admission that your pointless pedantry is indistinguishable from that of Unkotare.

Which, I'll freely admit, amounts to ad hominem. And that's worth the price of admission. :thup:

Last edited:
Freaking armed THUGS.

Now you KNOW Pogo has conceded defeat...

The second string is taking over. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

From the brave soul who comes out when the coast is clear to talk about knives and civil rights and declare victory in a skirmish he watched from the sidelines. Please. Yeah, always "concede defeat when you're ahead 146 to 2. Danth working the scoreboard. :talk2hand:

How and why does it indicate cooperation. They were out in the open, in plain view of anyone who walked by. Temporal proximity.... is there a name for that fallacy?

One shot is a posed group photo. The second is taken from an unflattering perspective. This is more an indication of competition than collusion. Then there is the matter of just one photo being used against the group.

ETA: Not one person in the side view is looking at the camera. Logic dictates that at least one person would be aware that they are to be shot from a side view as well if it was a cooperative effort.

You don't look at the camera if what you intend is a side shot. Side profiles have been going on as long as there's been photography.

To me they both look posed. Yeah I think they're aware. Looks to me like the photos are taken seconds apart -- slight variations in the positions but basically the same, IOW just enough time for the same photographer to snap one, move to another angle and snap another.

Looks to me like they were going for the "oh yeah we bad" angle here, on the same basis as brandishing their shit outside the window, and like bringing loaded props, not the most well-thought-out idea since it kinda blew up in their faces.

Or, it could be a second photographer, snapping a picture from the side just as the first one was snapping from the front and the angle just happened to work out to look more threatening. That's unlikely though. Would take a good deal of foreknowledge.

Of the two, the first seems far more likely. Especially considering their judgement in other area.

From the brave soul who comes out when the coast is clear to talk about knives and civil rights and declare victory in a skirmish he watched from the sidelines. Please. Yeah, always "concede defeat when you're ahead 146 to 2. Danth working the scoreboard. :talk2hand:

How many times have I told you to lay off the GOLD spray paint, Pogo? It's rotting out your last couple of brain cells....

Freaking armed THUGS.

Now you KNOW Pogo has conceded defeat...

The second string is taking over. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

You don't look at the camera if what you intend is a side shot. Side profiles have been going on as long as there's been photography.

To me they both look posed. Yeah I think they're aware. Looks to me like the photos are taken seconds apart -- slight variations in the positions but basically the same, IOW just enough time for the same photographer to snap one, move to another angle and snap another.

Looks to me like they were going for the "oh yeah we bad" angle here, on the same basis as brandishing their shit outside the window, and like bringing loaded props, not the most well-thought-out idea since it kinda blew up in their faces.

Or, it could be a second photographer, snapping a picture from the side just as the first one was snapping from the front and the angle just happened to work out to look more threatening. That's unlikely though. Would take a good deal of foreknowledge.

Of the two, the first seems far more likely. Especially considering their judgement in other area.

Now you are really grasping at straws. Of course the front shot is posed, they are grouped together and holding an american flag, and looking into the cameras. Someone else in the same few seconds was at the side and took the shot. Thinkprogress probably had a few to choose from, and since they dont like these people, chose the one that looked like the guy in red with the rifle was lying in wait for those poor civil right destroying mummies to come out of the resturant.

Forum List

Back