Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

Strange, I don't remember saying a thing about personal protection.

FYI, I carry a knife with me every where I go. I don't walk out of the house without it, and it is not because I am afraid that someone might attack me.

But, please, keep putting thoughts inside my head, and telling me how brave you are.

I have a little Kershaw switchblade that I always have with me. I open boxes and packages all the time. A knife is as vital as a pen.

Amazon.com: kershaw assisted opening

Small enough to carry easily. Large enough to get the job done. Push button automatic.

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Grey Handle (3.3" Black Serr) KALS74B - Blade HQ

I have carried a knife since I was six years old. One of the reasons my European friends call me a barbarian.

Now you KNOW Pogo has conceded defeat...

The second string is taking over. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

From the brave soul who comes out when the coast is clear to talk about knives and civil rights and declare victory in a skirmish he watched from the sidelines. Please. Yeah, always "concede defeat when you're ahead 146 to 2. Danth working the scoreboard. :talk2hand:

How and why does it indicate cooperation. They were out in the open, in plain view of anyone who walked by. Temporal proximity.... is there a name for that fallacy?

One shot is a posed group photo. The second is taken from an unflattering perspective. This is more an indication of competition than collusion. Then there is the matter of just one photo being used against the group.

ETA: Not one person in the side view is looking at the camera. Logic dictates that at least one person would be aware that they are to be shot from a side view as well if it was a cooperative effort.

You don't look at the camera if what you intend is a side shot. Side profiles have been going on as long as there's been photography.

To me they both look posed. Yeah I think they're aware. Looks to me like the photos are taken seconds apart -- slight variations in the positions but basically the same, IOW just enough time for the same photographer to snap one, move to another angle and snap another.

Looks to me like they were going for the "oh yeah we bad" angle here, on the same basis as brandishing their shit outside the window, and like bringing loaded props, not the most well-thought-out idea since it kinda blew up in their faces.

Or, it could be a second photographer, snapping a picture from the side just as the first one was snapping from the front and the angle just happened to work out to look more threatening. That's unlikely though. Would take a good deal of foreknowledge.

Of the two, the first seems far more likely. Especially considering their judgement in other area.

Now you are really grasping at straws. Of course the front shot is posed, they are grouped together and holding an american flag, and looking into the cameras. Someone else in the same few seconds was at the side and took the shot. Thinkprogress probably had a few to choose from, and since they dont like these people, chose the one that looked like the guy in red with the rifle was lying in wait for those poor civil right destroying mummies to come out of the resturant.

I'm not interested in who used which photo. I'm interested in who shot it and how it got done.

You're trying to tell me some second photographer was so prescient that he knew they'd be posing for a frontal and all he'd have to do would be to snap from the side at the same time. Except it isn't the same time; it's off by a few seconds.

Yeah, OK. :rolleyes: More desperate stretches than this have certainly been employed in this self-delusional rhetorical yoga posture thread.

:eusa_whistle:

And by the way about that "lying in wait for them to come out of the restaurant" -- apparently OCT was lying out there for two hours. Make what we will of that.

Last edited:
Marty and Pothead -- it just now occurred to me why y'all are babbling on about making this into "civil rights" ....

You think you can equate yourselves with oppressed minorities :eek: :rofl:

No, seriously, is that it? You think you're honorary Negroes now?

It made no sense yesterday, it just dawned on me now. Tell me if I'm on target here. Because that would be some hilarious shit.

FYI, I carry a knife with me every where I go. I don't walk out of the house without it, and it is not because I am afraid that someone might attack me.

But, please, keep putting thoughts inside my head, and telling me how brave you are.

I have a little Kershaw switchblade that I always have with me. I open boxes and packages all the time. A knife is as vital as a pen.

I have a Buck that I got for my birthday years ago. I get weird looks from friends when I pull it out the first time, they never know I have it. I actually got hassled by a cop once because I was carrying it, he tried to tell me I could only have it if I was going to, or from, work. Fortunately, I actually know the laws in California, and was able to show him it was legal.

Last edited:

Small enough to carry easily. Large enough to get the job done. Push button automatic.

Boker Kalashnikov Automatic Knife Grey Handle (3.3" Black Serr) KALS74B - Blade HQ

I have carried a knife since I was six years old. One of the reasons my European friends call me a barbarian.

I got my first knife when I was 7, a old Bowie that belonged to my father. I rarely carried it anywhere, mostly because it was big enough to scare armed men, but I loved it. I got a folding Buck when I was in 5th grade, and never had a problem carrying it, even when I went to school with it. Funny thing, even though it went to school with me for years, it never once stabbed anyone.

I did get a new toy though, I like it because, unlike most of their products, the main blades are accessible without opening the tool. My guess is the people who hate my Buck won't be any happier about it.

Sidekick - Leatherman Multi-Tools

From the brave soul who comes out when the coast is clear to talk about knives and civil rights and declare victory in a skirmish he watched from the sidelines. Please. Yeah, always "concede defeat when you're ahead 146 to 2. Danth working the scoreboard. :talk2hand:

You don't look at the camera if what you intend is a side shot. Side profiles have been going on as long as there's been photography.

To me they both look posed. Yeah I think they're aware. Looks to me like the photos are taken seconds apart -- slight variations in the positions but basically the same, IOW just enough time for the same photographer to snap one, move to another angle and snap another.

Looks to me like they were going for the "oh yeah we bad" angle here, on the same basis as brandishing their shit outside the window, and like bringing loaded props, not the most well-thought-out idea since it kinda blew up in their faces.

Or, it could be a second photographer, snapping a picture from the side just as the first one was snapping from the front and the angle just happened to work out to look more threatening. That's unlikely though. Would take a good deal of foreknowledge.

Of the two, the first seems far more likely. Especially considering their judgement in other area.

Now you are really grasping at straws. Of course the front shot is posed, they are grouped together and holding an american flag, and looking into the cameras. Someone else in the same few seconds was at the side and took the shot. Thinkprogress probably had a few to choose from, and since they dont like these people, chose the one that looked like the guy in red with the rifle was lying in wait for those poor civil right destroying mummies to come out of the resturant.

I'm not interested in who used which photo. I'm interested in who shot it and how it got done.

You're trying to tell me some second photographer was so prescient that he knew they'd be posing for a frontal and all he'd have to do would be to snap from the side at the same time. Except it isn't the same time; it's off by a few seconds.

Yeah, OK. :rolleyes: More desperate stretches than this have certainly been employed in this self-delusional rhetorical yoga posture thread.

And by the way about that "lying in wait for them to come out of the restaurant" -- apparently OCT was lying out there for two hours. Make what we will of that.

No, he is saying that, with the almost universal presence of cell phones, there are cameras everywhere. Since the shot was posed, and took time to set up, that gave an unknown number of people an opportunity to shoot the group from different angles. I would have been surprised if the shot they were going for was the only one around.

Then again, I have a brain.

Marty and Pothead -- it just now occurred to me why y'all are babbling on about making this into "civil rights" ....

It made no sense yesterday, it just dawned on me now. Tell me if I'm on target here. Because that would be some hilarious shit.

Nah, but i equate those who seek to strip the rights of others with the KKK...

Know anyone like that, sporky? :eusa_whistle::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

Here in California, switchblades are only legal if they DON'T have a push button. It's really stupid. Spring loaded with a side latch is fine, but spring loaded with a button is not...

No, he is saying that, with the almost universal presence of cell phones, there are cameras everywhere. Since the shot was posed, and took time to set up, that gave an unknown number of people an opportunity to shoot the group from different angles. I would have been surprised if the shot they were going for was the only one around.

Where do you put it when you come here then?

No shit it's not the only one. Few photos are. But the two we have look pretty similar in their qualities.

Sure don't, Pot. See a lot of Mothers Against Gun Violence burning crosses do ya?

Speaking of terrible analogies -- KKK, in a thread where you're trying to deny intimidation? Put your own side in the way of "friendly fire" there, Eisnstein...
shoot-foot.gif

Last edited:

No shit it's not the only one. Few photos are. But the two we have look pretty similar in their qualities.

Because they were taken at about the same time, with the same group of people, and all wearing the same hats.

Sure don't, Pot. See a lot of Mothers Against Gun Violence burning crosses do ya?

Speaking of terrible analogies -- KKK, in a thread where you're trying to deny intimidation? Put your own side in the way of "friendly fire" there, Eisnstein...
shoot-foot.gif

What is your obsession with ancient Scottish symbolism got to do with modern photography?

shoot-foot.gif

What is your obsession with ancient Scottish symbolism got to do with modern photography?

What is [sic] any of the above got to do with photography? :cuckoo:
Seriously, do you write these posts with your screen turned off?

Because they were taken at about the same time, with the same group of people, and all wearing the same hats.

Not what I mean -- I mean picture quality, as in resolution, as in the same camera. No it sure doesn't look like one guy with a camera and another with a cell phone. It does however look like snap one from the side, walk around to the front and snap another.

Splitting hairs at this point; I still say the video tells more even though they're not in it.

shoot-foot.gif

What is [sic] any of the above got to do with photography? :cuckoo:
Seriously, do you write these posts with your screen turned off?

Did you suddenly forget that this thread is all about a photograph?

a violation of rights is a violation of rights. whether those rights are civil or constitutional.

Not what I mean -- I mean picture quality, as in resolution, as in the same camera. No it sure doesn't look like one guy with a camera and another with a cell phone. It does however look like snap one from the side, walk around to the front and snap another.

Splitting hairs at this point; I still say the video tells more even though they're not in it.

Umm, what? Are you imagining new heights of analytical ability now?

The picture that was taken from the back, and posted in the OP, is 605 x 440, and has 39.32 KB of data in it. The one from the front, which I posted, is 650 x 387 and has 107.96 KB of data. Maybe you should stop pretending you know how to pretend to know something.

Forum List

Back