Gun ownership right Vs Voting right?

If I don't need an ID to vote, which is not a Constitutionally guaranteed right why do I need an ID to purchase a firearm, which is a Constitutionally guaranteed right?
To see how many felony convictions are on your rap sheet?

With the filthy Democrat plan to have no voter ID then people with felony convictions can vote, even though the state law says otherwise. That sucks, doesn't it?

By the way, because the right to keep and bear arms is necessary for the security of a free state there are no qualifications to the Second Amendment. Go look it up, I shit you not.
11 states allow non-violent felons to own guns. 18 states restore voting rights to felons once they are free and clear.

It sounds like the states may have some powers that go against the constitution.

The constitution mostly restricts federal powers, but it gives states full control over things like firearms and voting.

I actually prefer the way our Founding Fathers had it.

Everybody can own a gun and only White land owning males could vote. Much better country.
How would you know that it was much better then when you hadn't been born yet?

Last time I check both are constitutional rights. However, I never hear leftists complaining about ID/background check to buy a gun from licensed gun dealers. :45:
The thread premise is a lie and fails as a strawman fallacy.

Liberals have no issue with requiring citizens to provide ID when registering to vote.

Once registered and current on the voting rolls, there’s no good reason to require an ID every time a citizen votes as voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Moreover, often ID requirement are such that older voters of color lack the required documentation to obtain the type of ID required.
We have no objection to qualified citizens voting once per election

the best way tp prevent cheating is in-person voting only

Wrong.
In person voting is the easiest to cheat, by going to multiple polling places with multiple IDs.
They can't check if the ID is valid or not at a polling place.

The most secure against cheating is vote by mail, because then the ballot has to be sent to your address, that address can easily be tracked and verified, and duplicates prevented.

Last time I check both are constitutional rights. However, I never hear leftists complaining about ID/background check to buy a gun from licensed gun dealers. :45:
I've said time and time again is you give me gun licensing I'll give you voter id.

If I don't need an ID to vote, which is not a Constitutionally guaranteed right why do I need an ID to purchase a firearm, which is a Constitutionally guaranteed right?

With the filthy Democrat plan to have no voter ID then people with felony convictions can vote, even though the state law says otherwise. That sucks, doesn't it?

By the way, because the right to keep and bear arms is necessary for the security of a free state there are no qualifications to the Second Amendment. Go look it up, I shit you not.

Wrong.
Even without voter ID, you still have to be registered, and it is easy to prevent convicted felons from being allowed to register.

But I think it is illegal to prevent convicted felons from voting.
All citizens are either equal or not.

You are confused.

So you think it is illegal to keep people from voting when there is no Constitutional right to vote but it is legal to keep somebody from owning a firearm when there is a Constitutional right? LOL! You have a distorted understanding of equality.

By the way, go look up the 15th amendment. There is that little thingy in there about being a citizen before being protected by Constitution. The filthy Democrats ignore that by not requiring that a voter prove they are a citizen before voting.

“The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.”

Moreover, often ID requirement are such that older voters of color lack the required documentation to obtain the type of ID required.
If they lack the documentation, how do they register?

To register to vote, all you need is something to prove your address, not your ID.
Like a tax return sent by the IRS to your home.
That is because the registration process is not trying to prove you exist.
They can already tell that by things like birth certificates on file.
They want to ensure you are who you say you are, and that is best by cross referencing your address.
It is the address and name combination that can be verifies as singular.
Unless someone is stealing from your mailbox, then the voter registration card sent to your home address is the safest means of preventing voter fraud.
And that is not an ID.

11 states allow non-violent felons to own guns. 18 states restore voting rights to felons once they are free and clear.

It sounds like the states may have some powers that go against the constitution.

I actually prefer the way our Founding Fathers had it.

Everybody can own a gun and only White land owning males could vote. Much better country.

That is the way our Founding Fathers had it.
States then did almost everything, and the federal government did almost nothing.

In person voting is the easiest to cheat, by going to multiple polling places with multiple IDs.
Wrong

if in person voting was easier to cheat dems would be all for it

Wrong.
Even without voter ID, you still have to be registered, and it is easy to prevent convicted felons from being allowed to register.

You are confused.

So you think it is illegal to keep people from voting when there is no Constitutional right to vote but it is legal to keep somebody from owning a firearm when there is a Constitutional right? LOL! You have a distorted understanding of equality.

By the way, go look up the 15th amendment. There is that little thingy in there about being a citizen before being protected by Constitution. The filthy Democrats ignore that by not requiring that a voter prove they are a citizen before voting.

“The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.”

You are the one confused in my opinion.
There is no such thing as a constitutional right.
All rights have to pre-exist the constitution, or else what basis would there be for being able to write a constitution?
And clearly the founders said that rights are infinite, so can never be enumerated.
What is in the Bill of Rights are not the creation of rights, but just acknowledging strict prohibitions against the federal government having any jurisdiction in some areas.
The 14th and 15th amendment were added after the Civil War, and were the first time states were then also restricted from infringement upon some rights as well.
The fact the SCOTUS has now "incorporated" those prohibition against federal infringement as evidence of individual rights and therefore should also prohibit state or local infringement, is a slow process that took 150 years.

But going back to the original thread premise, I think that both voting and gun ownership are individual rights that the federal government should have no jurisdiction over at all.

Liberals have no issue with requiring citizens to provide ID when registering to vote.

Once registered and current on the voting rolls, there’s no good reason to require an ID every time a citizen votes as voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Wrong.

The most secure against cheating is vote by mail, because then the ballot has to be sent to your address, that address can easily be tracked and verified, and duplicates prevented.
He is not wrong. I saw your mentioned situation in person in HK. However, that is a very troublesome operation. Your way is easier to cheat than in-person voting.

Wrong

No, dems try to appeal to poor people, and there are just more poor than wealthy.
Mail in ballots are how many states have exclusively done it for decades, and it works much more safely.
You have the Post Office to verify address when the ballot is delivered.

Wrong.

You are confused.

You are the one confused in my opinion.
There is no such thing as a constitutional right.
All rights have to pre-exist the constitution, or else what basis would there be for being able to write a constitution?
And clearly the founders said that rights are infinite, so can never be enumerated.
What is in the Bill of Rights are not the creation of rights, but just acknowledging strict prohibitions against the federal government having any jurisdiction in some areas.
The 14th and 15th amendment were added after the Civil War, and were the first time states were then also restricted from infringement upon some rights as well.
The fact the SCOTUS has now "incorporated" those prohibition against federal infringement as evidence of individual rights and therefore should also prohibit state or local infringement, is a slow process that took 150 years.

But going back to the original thread premise, I think that both voting and gun ownership are individual rights that the federal government should have no jurisdiction over at all.

My only point was to criticized the Democrats for insisting on significant ID requirements for purchasing a firearm and then ignoring the ID requirement for voting.

Surely you and I agree that only citizens should be allowed to vote and that it is the voting districts responsibility to insure that before somebody is allowed to cast a vote.

I agree with you that the frigging government should leave us alone.

Wrong.

Wrong as a registered voter one is assigned a singular specific polling location.

To register to vote, all you need is something to prove your address, not your ID.
Like a tax return sent by the IRS to your home.
That is because the registration process is not trying to prove you exist.
They can already tell that by things like birth certificates on file.
They want to ensure you are who you say you are, and that is best by cross referencing your address.
It is the address and name combination that can be verifies as singular.
Unless someone is stealing from your mailbox, then the voter registration card sent to your home address is the safest means of preventing voter fraud.
That's great, let's get rid of I.D.s altogether since we don't need them.

Next time I get pulled over by the police, I'll just tell them I've already registered to drive and obtained legality. All you need officer is my name and address to verify who I am. :113:

Wrong

No, dems try to appeal to poor people, and there are just more poor than wealthy.
Mail in ballots are how many states have exclusively done it for decades, and it works much more safely.
You have the Post Office to verify address when the ballot is delivered.
No, this is the first time to do it on such a scale. C'mon man, give me a break you cannot prove who cast the vote.

You aren't even trying here....that is exactly what they say.....they do not want voter ID...you idiot.

Forum List

Back