Gun ownership right Vs Voting right?

If I don't need an ID to vote, which is not a Constitutionally guaranteed right why do I need an ID to purchase a firearm, which is a Constitutionally guaranteed right?
Because voting is not a potentially lethal weapon.

Sure it is. Joe Biden acting as the lawfully elected POTUS is surely killing me.

Last time I check both are constitutional rights. However, I never hear leftists complaining about ID/background check to buy a gun from licensed gun dealers. :45:
The 2dA is a collective right, and while the right to own and bear is absolute, the people can be regulated individually.

The 1stA guarantees all citizens the individual right to vote.
WTF??? 1stA is freedom of speech :rolleyes:
Very good. I should have said 15th Amendment, and that the 1st Amendment protects activities involved with voting. Does an amendment give you the right to vote?

Last time I check both are constitutional rights. However, I never hear leftists complaining about ID/background check to buy a gun from licensed gun dealers. :45:
The 2dA is a collective right, and while the right to own and bear is absolute, the people can be regulated individually.

Very good. I should have said 15th Amendment, and that the 1st Amendment protects activities involved with voting. Does an amendment give you the right to vote?
SO, why voting should not be regulated? The main issue is Binden's Jim crow 2.0 comment is out of lunch.

The franchise gives us the right to vote.

SO, why voting should not be regulated? The main issue is Binden's Jim crow 2.0 comment is out of lunch.
It is. You are supposed to be a tax paying natural born citizen of our Republic.

The thread premise is a lie and fails as a strawman fallacy.

Liberals have no issue with requiring citizens to provide ID when registering to vote.

Once registered and current on the voting rolls, there’s no good reason to require an ID every time a citizen votes as voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Moreover, often ID requirement are such that older voters of color lack the required documentation to obtain the type of ID required.
So...you're saying I should only have to show an ID the FIRST time I buy a gun...and once it's established that I am a citizen who is legally eligible to purchase a firearm, I should be able to go and just tell them who I am and where I live and they can just take my word for it that I am me for every subsequent purchase...

If I don't need an ID to vote, which is not a Constitutionally guaranteed right why do I need an ID to purchase a firearm, which is a Constitutionally guaranteed right?
To see how many felony convictions are on your rap sheet?

With the filthy Democrat plan to have no voter ID then people with felony convictions can vote, even though the state law says otherwise. That sucks, doesn't it?

By the way, because the right to keep and bear arms is necessary for the security of a free state there are no qualifications to the Second Amendment. Go look it up, I shit you not.
11 states allow non-violent felons to own guns. 18 states restore voting rights to felons once they are free and clear.

It sounds like the states may have some powers that go against the constitution.

The constitution mostly restricts federal powers, but it gives states full control over things like firearms and voting.

Most State Constitutions already have a "second amendment" in it.

It is. You are supposed to be a tax paying natural born citizen of our Republic.
voting has nothing to do with tax paying.

How about if the only people we required ID from were White men over 50?
Good with that?

Always hilarious watching the tiny brained "conservatives" trying to justify their racism and hypocrisy.

What racism? You shit for brains think racism is the only card you need to use.........that is getting old....

White men over 50 are fine with showing ID to vote you moron...as are black men over 50 and all normal Americans......it is you, and your racists in the democrat party that tell blacks they are too dumb to get ID in the two years between elections...that is you, you racist sack of shit.
No, shitbrain, ONLY White men over 50!

You pussies get your panties in a wad over wearing a mask IMAGIINE how your collective twats will explode over being forced to show an ID while the 18 YO Black just passes by.

As I've said before
If you want to force voter ID, PROVIDE them. Make sure every voter gets one before each and every election.

How about if the only people we required ID from were White men over 50?
Good with that?

Always hilarious watching the tiny brained "conservatives" trying to justify their racism and hypocrisy.

What racism? You shit for brains think racism is the only card you need to use.........that is getting old....

White men over 50 are fine with showing ID to vote you moron...as are black men over 50 and all normal Americans......it is you, and your racists in the democrat party that tell blacks they are too dumb to get ID in the two years between elections...that is you, you racist sack of shit.
No, shitbrain, ONLY White men over 50!

You pussies get your panties in a wad over wearing a mask IMAGIINE how your collective twats will explode over being forced to show an ID while the 18 YO Black just passes by.

As I've said before
If you want to force voter ID, PROVIDE them. Make sure every voter gets one before each and every election.

Shit stain.......ID is free, and they will even come to your house if you can't get one during the entire 2 year period before an election, you doofus.

It is racists like you who for some reason think that blacks and other minorities can't get ID.....why you think that is insane......and racist, yet there you are.....being insane and racist....

All this BS about the Constitution.
The Constitution is outdated, that is why we have so many amendments.
The Founding Fathers were correct in every aspect? Hell NO. Thus amendments.
You clowns cling to the 2nd as if it is holy. It needs an update, thus an amendment.

Should legal citizens have the right to own a firearm. Absolutely.
No one is coming to take guns away.

Why are you afraid of registering your car? You are NOT.
Why are you afraid of registering your boat? You are NOT.
Why are you afraid of having legal title (Deed) to your property? You are NOT.

With all this, why are you afraid to register guns?

Liberals have no issue with requiring citizens to provide ID when registering to vote.

Once registered and current on the voting rolls, there’s no good reason to require an ID every time a citizen votes as voter ‘fraud’ by identity theft is so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Moreover, often ID requirement are such that older voters of color lack the required documentation to obtain the type of ID required.
If someone doesn't have an ID that is valid for voting, how exactly do they buy things? Is it always with cash and only items that don't require ID?

Also, the vast majority of people (blacks included) have IDs.

Identity thief is rare? Is this a joke?

Shit stain.......ID is free,
ID (in entirety) is not free.

Sure, you may be able to get a "Free ID" from the DMV if you have all the proper paperwork, but there are other costs associated with getting this "free ID". Don't make me explain it to you. You know I'm correct. Do your own Google Search.

All this BS about the Constitution.
The Constitution is outdated, that is why we have so many amendments.
The Founding Fathers were correct in every aspect? Hell NO. Thus amendments.
You clowns cling to the 2nd as if it is holy. It needs an update, thus an amendment.

Should legal citizens have the right to own a firearm. Absolutely.
No one is coming to take guns away.

Why are you afraid of registering your car? You are NOT.
Why are you afraid of registering your boat? You are NOT.
Why are you afraid of having legal title (Deed) to your property? You are NOT.

With all this, why are you afraid to register guns?
In several nations where guns were registered, they did in fact take them away. This is what happened in Australia and the UK, for example.

And while it is true that the 2nd Amendment would make this more difficult for this government to do that, the current Court precedent only protects ownership of handguns, so technically, the ATF could be used to seize all rifles. That would be substantially easier to do if all rifles are registered.

If someone doesn't have an ID that is valid for voting, how exactly do they buy things? Is it always with cash and only items that don't require ID?

Also, the vast majority of people (blacks included) have IDs.
The elite in the Democratic party believe minorities are to stupid to obtain ID's. The rank and file White Democrats parrot whatever the elite want them to think. In this case proving you are a US citizens is somehow racist.

The thread is right on point but your post is a lie and you know it.

The primary reason that Democrats claim for being against voter ID is that black and brown people are too stupid, according to Democrats, to get an ID. It's not about the inconvenience of having to show again when voting the very same ID that you already have shown to register to vote.

Forum List

Back