Gun show

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Went to the local Gun show this weekend. Bought 250 rounds of ammo and 3 15 round magazines for my M1 Carbine. Couldn't seem to find any of those "private" citizens that supposedly attend every gun show and sell all those un background checked handguns. I guess that means just like if I went to the local gun stor I would need my sheriffs permit to buy a handgun.

Maybe one of you anti gun people can point me to a private seller at a gun show so I can get me an unchecked gun?

Went to the local Gun show this weekend. Bought 250 rounds of ammo and 3 15 round magazines for my M1 Carbine. Couldn't seem to find any of those "private" citizens that supposedly attend every gun show and sell all those un background checked handguns. I guess that means just like if I went to the local gun stor I would need my sheriffs permit to buy a handgun.

Maybe one of you anti gun people can point me to a private seller at a gun show so I can get me an unchecked gun?

In addition to being un-Constitutional, the NC pistol permit law is a remnant from the days of Jim Crow and segregation, designed to keep African-Americans unarmed and at the mercy of the white legal and political establishment.

Otherwise, your OP fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

In addition to being un-Constitutional, the NC pistol permit law is a remnant from the days of Jim Crow and segregation, designed to keep African-Americans unarmed and at the mercy of the white legal and political establishment.

do you always fight generaliztions with generalizations?

you're full of shit again clayton, looks like if this law intedend to keep blacks unarmed, it didnt work too well......dam another example of gun control failure

So you are saying because you went to one gun show and you couldn't find a private seller it doesn't happen?

do you always fight generaliztions with generalizations?

At least you’re consistent in making no sense.

The NC pistol permit law is a remarkable anachronism of racism.

It’s also remarkable that in the heart of ‘gun country’ such a restrictive measure is tolerated.

So you are saying because you went to one gun show and you couldn't find a private seller it doesn't happen?

You don't think I should be able to sell my personal property to whomever I please ?

That’s exactly what he’s saying.

You don't think I should be able to sell my personal property to whomever I please ?

Not guns, and the majority of the country agrees.

That's what I figured.

Care to provide current reliable statistics on how many "private " sales are conducted at gun shows? I mean you people are the ones claiming 40 to 60 percent of all sales of guns are private. Using old inadequate biased study to boot.

The ATF monitors private sales and individuals that make more then a couple such sales at places like Gun Shows are raided and told to cease and desist or get an FFL.

I would venture to guess that of the FIREARMS sold at Gun Shows 99.99 percent are by FFL and get that MANDATORY background check. Most private sellers at Gun Shows are not selling firearms they are selling accessories or knives or even ammo.

Care to provide current reliable statistics on how many "private " sales are conducted at gun shows? I mean you people are the ones claiming 40 to 60 percent of all sales of guns are private. Using old inadequate biased study to boot.

The ATF monitors private sales and individuals that make more then a couple such sales at places like Gun Shows are raided and told to cease and desist or get an FFL.

I would venture to guess that of the FIREARMS sold at Gun Shows 99.99 percent are by FFL and get that MANDATORY background check. Most private sellers at Gun Shows are not selling firearms they are selling accessories or knives or even ammo.

We claimed that? That is news to me.

As I understand the NC permit system, a Sheriff can only delay a permit if he has concerns not born out by hard legal facts.

Now personally I am hesitant to ask for one as in 99 I attempted suicide and this Sheriff knows it. And really don't have the money to buy a handgun and fight in court about my right to do so. But that is me.

If a Sheriff can not show just cause he can not refuse a permit. It was passed as a means to put a deal on while a back ground check was made. I believe they have 5 days to give you the permit.

Forum List

Back