🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gun TV coming soon

Tilly

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2015
Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
A new home shopping channel will launch in the US early in 2016. It will be called, simply, Gun TV.

TV home shopping is synonymous with flashy jewelry, home décor and bargain accessories you never knew you needed. But Gun TV’s specialty will be exactly that: guns. It will also sell ammunition, accessories such as concealed-carry holsters and clothing, such as hunting jackets.

Like established channels such as QVC and Home Shopping Network, Gun TV will feature personable experts explaining and demonstrating the channel’s wares. If viewers see a weapon at a price they like, they can just click online, or pick up the phone and dial a toll-free number.

The principal difference between Gun TV and other home shopping channels is that a Gun TV viewer’s order will not be shipped directly to their home.

According to Gun TV, regulations mean that once an order is placed, a gun wholesaler will dispatch the item to the customer’s nearest federally licensed gun retailer, where mandated background checks and paperwork will be completed.

According to a report by the Desert Sun newspaper, in California, the executives behind Gun TV insist that their channel aims simply to meet demand for gun ownership in America, rather than generate it.

“We saw an opportunity in filling a need, not creating one,” Valerie Castle, one of the co-founders of the channel, told the Guardian. “The vast majority of people who own and use guns in this country, whether it’s home protection, recreation or hunting, are responsible.

“I don’t really know that it’s going to put more guns on the streets.”

Gun TV: home shopping channel aims to sell weapons to viewers

Awesome. But kinda useless. With Internet I can already get and see all I want.

Are you sure it goes to the nearest FFL? Seems like you should be able to pick one unless they agreed to a transfer fee. When I bought my AR some nearby asshole said "I'm not going to help you buy a black rifle!" WTF, he was in the wrong business.

Doubt I would buy anything, but might be interesting to watch once in a while.

Are you sure it goes to the nearest FFL? Seems like you should be able to pick one unless they agreed to a transfer fee. When I bought my AR some nearby asshole said "I'm not going to help you buy a black rifle!" WTF, he was in the wrong business.
Ya I doubt the part where the gun is shipped to the nearest FFF too.
I can't see how a gun retailer is going to be that happy dealing with someone who didn't buy the gun from the dealer.
Something not quite right here.
It's like buying a new Chevy on-line from a wholesaler and then the wholesaler sends to Chevy to your nearest Chevy retailer where you pick it up.
If I was the retailer I'd tell the online wholesaler to go fuck themselves.

The channel’s promotional material puts forward as a positive the fact that the US has “the best-armed civilian population in the world with, on average, 89 firearms for every 100 residents, where four in 10 homes have a firearm”.

If true, I had no idea how well armed the US is.

I won't watch it or go ino guns stores. Damn things keep following me home.
My solution is to leave the 'plastic' at home.
If I see something I have to have by the time I get home to pick up the plastic I've usually cooled off and talked myself out of the purchase.......usually. LOL

I can't see how a gun retailer is going to be that happy dealing with someone who didn't buy the gun from the dealer.
It's like buying a new Chevy on-line from a wholesaler and then the wholesaler sends to Chevy to your nearest Chevy retailer where you pick it up.
Maybe the dealer is paid?

The channel’s promotional material puts forward as a positive the fact that the US has “the best-armed civilian population in the world with, on average, 89 firearms for every 100 residents, where four in 10 homes have a firearm”.

If true, I had no idea how well armed the US is.
I believe the stat. Many 'urbanites' have no clue what rural America is like nor how many people live in rural areas. The VAST majority of rural dwellers have legal guns.

Maybe the dealer is paid?

Most charge a fee

It sounds exactly like buying tires from TireRack.com.

I've priced through them and by the time you add in what a dealer's gonna charge to install them there's no savings and thus no reason to deal with them for me. Needing some sort of rare or speciality tire is about all that makes sense to me.

It sounds exactly like buying tires from TireRack.com.

I've priced through them and by the time you add in what a dealer's gonna charge to install them there's no savings and thus no reason to deal with them for me. Needing some sort of rare or speciality tire is about all that makes sense to me.
There are only so many new guns coming on the market each year.
I can't imagine the show trying to sell Central European cheap, even dangerous knock-offs.

Awesome. But kinda useless. With Internet I can already get and see all I want.

Yes, but you still have to have it delivered to an approved FFL, pay their fee, and jump through all the background checks. It's not simply click and have it show up on your porch.

Forum List

Back