Gunman critically wounds 7 in Tennessee church

Many Muslims living in the United States and other western countries endured personal insults and taunts during the many years since those 9/11 attacks. Many Muslims have had their personal freedoms compromised, have been "shown the door" (deported), or else have decided to leave voluntarily rather than endure such emotional "abuse".

How Did 9-11 Affect Muslims?

This from 2004:

WASHINGTON (AFP) — There have been some 532 attacks against Muslims, Sikhs and Arabs living in the United States since the 2001 terror attacks in New York and Washington, FBI director Robert Mueller told a congressional panel.

Hate crimes against Muslims post-9/11 now number more than 500: Mueller | AFP | Find Articles at BNET

and Rodney King got his ass whupped in 91 by errant cops 40 years after the civil rights era.. so what. What agenda has been out targeting muslims in the US without criticism from the rest of us? Are you telling me that anyone caught whupping a muslims ass WOULD NOT BE CHARGED for assault?

it's not like this nation is necessarily proud of the post-9/11 knee jerk reactions, yo.

and Rodney King got his ass whupped in 91 by errant cops 40 years after the civil rights era.. so what. What agenda has been out targeting muslims in the US without criticism from the rest of us? Are you telling me that anyone caught whupping a muslims ass WOULD NOT BE CHARGED for assault?

it's not like this nation is necessarily proud of the post-9/11 knee jerk reactions, yo.

And I watched The Kingdom last night with Jamie Foxx. Sometimes it makes me mad that if we go to Saudi Arabia, we have to follow their strict rules or we else. Yet here in America, Muslims INSIST that we respect their differences. Here is one example:

Some U.S. universities install foot baths for Muslim students

Some U.S. universities install foot baths for Muslim students - International Herald Tribune

On this campus, more than 10 percent of the students are Muslims, and as part of the ritual ablutions required before their five-times-a-day prayers, some were washing their feet in the sinks.

The solution seemed straightforward. After discussions with the Muslim Students' Association, the university announced that it would install $25,000 foot-washing stations in several bathrooms.

Muslims didn't insist that the U's build footbaths at all. read the article you posted. THAT was the sole choice of the universities. No gov. mandate forced this. No one starved themselves in protest. THEY CHOSE to make this accommodation.

which, like any other business, is their prerogative.

Did someone force you to wash your feet like a muslim?

The same universities which teach our students that we are to blame for 9/11 and a variety of other wonderful things.

Stupid universities. I don't know why we even have them. People actually come out more stupid than they go in! ;D

The same universities which teach our students that we are to blame for 9/11 and a variety of other wonderful things.

Stupid universities. I don't know why we even have them. People actually come out more stupid than they go in! ;D

Which classes teach that AllieBaba? Where did YOU go to college if you really think that?!?!

Yep. This is what I was talking about.

Here's a good example (and it's only one)...this guy is doing life, but the university refused to fire him until he'd actually been convicted.
When "academic freedom" justifies academic terror [on the American Association of University Professors and the Mohammed Yousry case] - Campus Watch

" Abdel Rahman was the leader of the Islamic Group (IG), or al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya, a terrorist organization based in Egypt seeking to destroy Israel and America and to overthrow the Egyptian government and replace it with a more Islamic state. According to federal prosecutors, Abdel Rahman once released a statement from prison, in reference to America, calling upon "Muslims everywhere" to "dismember their nation, tear them apart, ruin their economy, provoke their corporations, destroy their embassies, attack their interests, sink their ships, and shoot down their planes, kill them on land, at sea, and in the air." On November 17, 1997, six terrorists affiliated with the IG murdered fifty-eight tourists in Luxor, Egypt, hoping to pressure the American government to release Abdel Rahman.".......

"If Yousry had been indicted for parking violations, it would certainly be imprudent for the university to fire him. However, an indictment for supporting terrorism and defrauding the government is not trivial – it directly relates to the physical safety of the members of the university Yousry presumably serves. No university, for the sake of "academic freedom," should have to take the risk of employing such an individual unless and until it knows for certain that he posed no threat to the institution as a whole. And pending the outcome of the trial, which did not end until nearly three years after the date of the original indictment, CUNY could not have assurance of this.

Ironically, the AAUP must have realized the legitimacy of such concerns – why else would it devote several passages of its report to denying the actual legal charges against Yousry? "For some reason," CUNY stated in its response, "the Investigating Committee [of the AAUP] finds it appropriate not merely to note that Mr. Yousry has pleaded not guilty to the criminal charges against him, but to provide him with a forum to set forth the substance of his defense." Notably, the AAUP refrains from discussing the mountain of evidence that supports the charges in Yousry's indictment. In so doing, the AAUP goes beyond its organizational mandate and assumes the responsibility of defending professors accused of supporting terrorism.

Nor is this the first time the AAUP has shown an indifference to terrorism charges. University of South Florida professor Sami Al-Arian, accused of being a senior leader of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, is now starting his trial. In that case as well, the AAUP cast the matter as one of "academic freedom," ignored the evidence against Al-Arian as mere "extramural activities," and demanded that the university restore him to his position.

By defining "academic freedom" to include the "freedom" of professors facing federal prosecution for supporting terrorism to remain in the classroom, the AAUP implicitly asserts that the "academic freedom" of faculty is more sacrosanct, more inviolable, than the contrasting "academic freedom" of students to receive an education from teachers who don't wish to see them dead."

So you are using that as your GENERALIZATION of all universities?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So you are using that as your GENERALIZATION of all universities?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes!:D

BTW, I'm a bit confused by what I've read about this incident (the guy shooting up the church). I've read one article that said he had problems with liberals....then I read another article which quoted a woman saying he seemed to have a problem with Christianity...

What gives?

What gives?

There is often some confusion in the news after such a traumatic event.

There is often some confusion in the news about the thoughts and motives of lunatics.

They'll get their story straight soon enough. With any luck, it just might resemble the truth.

There is often some confusion in the news after such a traumatic event.

There is often some confusion in the news about the thoughts and motives of lunatics.

They'll get their story straight soon enough. With any luck, it just might resemble the truth.

Dude wrote a four page rant letter columnating with a death by cop wish.. I'd say his motivation case will be open and shut..

Gee, that's a great excuse for wiping out innocent people congregating to enhance their spirituality.

There is no excuse.

But it's weird that he hated liberal policies and benefited from liberal policies, at least for awhile.

It makes me realize how much everyone blames their problems on others.

I agree totally, dude... how broadly do you think this is applicable?

:eusa_whistle:

I think it applies to this type of killing event.

One where the relationship of the killer to the victim is slight or non eixistent, and his apparent socio-political motive is razor thin logic-wise

While I agree with you, it is also true that with the political divide in this country I am surprised these things aren't more common. All the hate spewed on talk radio and on the internet makes it easy for people to blame all their woes on one group or the other and stop being rational.

Yes, it does.

This culture of hatemongering emboldens those already primed to lose it anyway, to select as their tormentors some class of people "who deserve to die" based on the diet of irrational hate they'd been feed by seemingly people whose brains might be out on loan from God or something like that. But that narrative has to work in their lives, too, you see?

So are you saying the responsibility for each suicide bomber dies along with the bomber when the trigger is pulled?...

I'm way out of my depth re: the psychology of suicide bombers, folks.

Different kind of event, though, I think.

I think those people are Svengalied by very cynical people. They are not acting alone. They are puppets.

They are brainwashed into acting out on their (pre-existing) anger.
I doubt most of them would have killed anyone without that very well thought out system designed to turn them into human bombs.

So it looks like we've got at least three types of assassins

Assassins who aren't insane. They're rationally committed to a cause. These people take themselves to that place where they will kill if they believe that it serves a higher purpose. They usually don't want to die if they can avoid it. (Booth, probably) They think of their act as heroic.

Some assassins who should have been committed because they are insane. Their personal rationalization is some insane narrative. (Chapman who shot John Lenon or this guy). These people either are really committing suicide by police, or they just aren't thinking ahead (they're probably disassociating) because they are too forking crazy to think things through at all

Finally the assassins who are made not born (like suicide bombers)

This guy we're talking about might just as easily ended in shooting up a McDonalds with no obvious victim class in mind, like so many of these "falling down' types do.

But he was probably using that hatemongering narrative he'd been hearing his whole life as a reasonable (but not his own, and not directed at him specifically ) narrative for his justification for losing control.

In other words, he glommed his existing psychosis with a milder social psychosis which obviously exists (hate radio) and which appeals to a lot of people, anyway.

Forum List

Back