🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hallelujah! Judge Stands Up to Progressives!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

RELATED: LAWSUIT FILED TO BLOCK BLOOMBERG SODA BAN

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect  - NY Daily News

Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

RELATED: LAWSUIT FILED TO BLOCK BLOOMBERG SODA BAN

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before*it goes into effect* - NY Daily News

Nice, that law was bologne anyways.

This is a clinic in misusing politics, misunderstanding law, and abusing the public trust. But it is also a natural consequence of treating every transaction and choice as a matter of public health. And because the forces of intellectual fashion behind that public-health vision of social policy are inexorable, this story is likely to offer a somewhat sad ending: ever-higher sin taxes on an ever-greater range of recreational foods.
Big Soda 1, Big Government 0: Judge Sinks Bloomberg's Signature Drink Ban - Forbes

Will all of the obese conservatives gorge themselves on sugary sodas now like they did with Chick Filet and chicken sandwiches? Got to be one of the greatest marketing tools ever. If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your health just say something to get liberals all hot and bothered and the obese conservative herd will boost your sales.

Last edited:
This is good news, i thought they may go after six-packs of beer next.

Will all of the obese conservative gorge themselves on sugary sodas now like they did with Chick Filet and chicken sandwiches? Got to be one of the greatest marketing tools ever. If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your helath just say something to get liberals all hot and bothered and the obese conservative herd will boost your sales.

"If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your helath (sic)..."

This from one of those whose political philosophy is bad for the health of America.

Here's a thought:

Mind your own business.

Last edited:
It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.

It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.

It was an infringement on freedom. So it is a good thing that it's being halted, at least for now.

Will all of the obese conservatives gorge themselves on sugary sodas now like they did with Chick Filet and chicken sandwiches? Got to be one of the greatest marketing tools ever. If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your health just say something to get liberals all hot and bothered and the obese conservative herd will boost your sales.

Yes we all know that only Republicans drink soda and eat fast food..:cuckoo:
And BTW - the hypocrite Michelle Obama accepted $150,000 a year while sitting on a snack food companies board for two years...was she a Republican then?

Last edited:
All they need is a blanket ban with few to no exceptions and it will stand. I bet Bloomberg is happy because he can ban it in more areas

Relax, dupes, it's just the legal system working, and it's not finished. A great victory for obesity and diabetes today is all. America is fat, and obviously about 40% stupid and 7% greedy a-holes lol...cheap food is bad for you, and that should change...whole wheat, low sugar and non-poison costs twice as much.

Most likely. Nothing says "conservative" like being a fat cow that does nothing but bitch about "da libs" and collecting welfare checks.

obama%20fox.jpg

There is nothing in the thread about welfare checks.....it's about personal freedom and liberty.

Advice.....you don't really wanna compare conservative women with liberal women.....just sayin'...

First they came for the sugary sodas and I said nothing. Then they came for the Pork Rinds and I said nothing. Then they came for the french fries and I said nothing,............. I think you guys should include this saying in your party platform.

Relax, dupes, it's just the legal system working, and it's not finished. A great victory for obesity and diabetes today is all. America is fat, and obviously about 40% stupid and 7% greedy a-holes lol...cheap food is bad for you, and that should change...whole wheat, low sugar and non-poison costs twice as much.

"A great victory for obesity and diabetes..."

Gee, blanko....I didn't know you cared!

And I just put a new (bloated) pic up in the profile.....now I can put on another 100 pounds!

Remember these two words: Big Mac!

Most likely. Nothing says "conservative" like being a fat cow that does nothing but bitch about "da libs" and collecting welfare checks.

obama%20fox.jpg
Do you really want to bring "fat cows" into this? Most American liberal women are exactly that.
The propensity for looking like livestock is definitely a Democrat thing.

Forum List

Back