🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hallelujah! Judge Stands Up to Progressives!

Should they ban people from using EBT cards to purchase foods that are bad for you? No liberal will dare address the millions of fat ass government dependents. Most of us spend our own money and it should be our business. It's different when people are sitting on their ever-growing lazy asses and spending other peoples' money. People from both parties and many who are too uninformed to follow politics at all have problems with obesity. I don't care what people do with their own money, but it seems reasonable to say that if we, as a society, are going to be forced to hand over our hard-earned money to feed people, we should simply give vouchers good for fruits, veggies and other healthy choices and not just hand them a chunk of money to spend on other stuff, like tattoos or gambling.

Funny that some pretend that only Repubs are fat and only offer up that illogical response to a liberal nanny politician being put in his place.

Many people are fat and might want to think about making changes for their own good, however, we cannot force people to eat what we think they should eat. Only a real control freak would even try. Guess what, those fatties know damn well that constantly inhaling those fried fast foods are destroying their bodies. I suppose some are so used to relying on government to tell them what to do that they just can't make decisions on their own. What a pity. That is why some liberal politicians want to make laws that control the most personal aspects of our lives- they know their constituents can't function without their big brother, so they figure we can all pay the price.

First they came for the sugary sodas and I said nothing. Then they came for the Pork Rinds and I said nothing. Then they came for the french fries and I said nothing,............. I think you guys should include this saying in your party platform.

Not going to worry about it until they get to cheesecake.

Look, man, with Global Climate Change™, a 16 oz soda just isn't going to quench thirst any more. We're talking about heat that melts planetary ice caps! And that calls for a whole heap of cold beverage.

Praise Jesus for activist judges. Now we can all get back to enjoying our Extreme Gulps® and solving the problem of the Friends of Hamas voting in our elections by the millions.

25g70yf.jpg

Last edited:
Quitting sugar is a wise choice.

But it should be YOUR choice, not Mayor McNanny's.

As usual, brainwashed and off the rails- Nobody's taking everyone's guns, just background checks, and maybe no military style mega magazines. Only rational laws.

When did this thread become about guns, Captain Straw Man?

Nobody should be drinking 32 oz. sugar

It's none of your damn business what someone drinks, nor are you the authority on anyone else's lifestyle. You're living proof that so-called "liberals" are the antithesis of liberty. You're control hungry, authoritarian oppressors just like your totalitarian idols Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and Pol Pot.

Not idols of mine or any Dems I know of, brainwashed supertwit.

If you want to kill yourself, order 2 or 3. 87 sugar cubes in 3. Stop being the fool for Big Bad Food, superpatriot chump lol.

Nobody should be voting Democrat. It's bad for you.

We need to put a cap on the number of times you are allowed to do so.

Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

RELATED: LAWSUIT FILED TO BLOCK BLOOMBERG SODA BAN

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before*it goes into effect* - NY Daily News

I wonder if this could be used too over turn obamacare?

Should they ban people from using EBT cards to purchase foods that are bad for you? No liberal will dare address the millions of fat ass government dependents. Most of us spend our own money and it should be our business. It's different when people are sitting on their ever-growing lazy asses and spending other peoples' money. People from both parties and many who are too uninformed to follow politics at all have problems with obesity. I don't care what people do with their own money, but it seems reasonable to say that if we, as a society, are going to be forced to hand over our hard-earned money to feed people, we should simply give vouchers good for fruits, veggies and other healthy choices and not just hand them a chunk of money to spend on other stuff, like tattoos or gambling.

Funny that some pretend that only Repubs are fat and only offer up that illogical response to a liberal nanny politician being put in his place.

Many people are fat and might want to think about making changes for their own good, however, we cannot force people to eat what we think they should eat. Only a real control freak would even try. Guess what, those fatties know damn well that constantly inhaling those fried fast foods are destroying their bodies. I suppose some are so used to relying on government to tell them what to do that they just can't make decisions on their own. What a pity. That is why some liberal politicians want to make laws that control the most personal aspects of our lives- they know their constituents can't function without their big brother, so they figure we can all pay the price.

"Should they ban people from using EBT cards to purchase foods that are bad for you? No liberal will dare address the millions of fat ass government dependents."

An exceptional post!

The Left refers to welfare recipients as "clients," and turns a blind eye to any way the cards are used.

The Left behaves as though it would be wrong to question the efforts, the actions, of their 'clients,' and watches the 'programs' produce failure after failure.

The Left happily throws one TRILLION dollars a year to toward what end?

"‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.

a. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
Ferrara, "America's Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb," chapter five.

But normal, working folks???

Regulations and restrictions down to the size soda one can drink.

Rep on the way, Clementine....

Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before*it goes into effect* - NY Daily News

I'm glad. I always thought it was a bad case of government overreach.....

Now if we can cure other forms of government overeach like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia and wanting loved ones to get government permission on pulling the plug on a loved one.

But the gov't saying no choice on abortion (with huge limits now), being intolerant of the population ignorant a-holes don't like, or WHAAT?, is just fine, right?

Before Roe vs. Wade , 5k women died a year to illegal abortions. Great , hunh? Luckily, even better, free birth control will decimate the number of abortions next year.

BTW, the judge ruled it was arbitrary because it was for restaurants but not convenience stores. Guess what, dupes lol...

Last edited:

I'm glad. I always thought it was a bad case of government overreach.....

Now if we can cure other forms of government overeach like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia and wanting loved ones to get government permission on pulling the plug on a loved one.

But the gov't saying no choice on abortion (with huge limits now), being intolerant of the population ignorant a-holes don't like, or WHAAT?, is just fine, right?

Before Roe vs. Wade , 5k women died a year to illegal abortions. Great , hunh? Luckily, even better, free birth control will decimate the number of abortions next year.

BTW, the judge ruled it was arbitrary because it was for restaurants but not convenience stores. Guess what, dupes lol...

Abortions???

Did you say abortions???

That may give Little Mikey Bloomberg an idea.......the right to ban soft drinks can be found in a penumbra just behind the 'weights and measures' clause ....

The Congress shall have Power To...fix the Standard of Weights and Measures....
Article I, Section 8, Clause 5

We're on the way to another Liberal victory!!

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!!!!

Oops....wrong revolution.....

It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.
This may seem like a stupid and pointless law, but I do believe that it has a large significance. Even though the fact that this law is about large sodas and that may seem "stupid", this is a big victory for corporations and fast food restaurants. The judge in this case did not find any real reason to have this law or any justifications for any of penalties this law included. This in turn means that government is to stay out of the "stupid" regulation of these businesses which has much larger implications. The fact that this law was struck down really means that the government cannot arbitrarily penalize companies that make people fat. I believe this judicial action does have a large significance, HOWEVER I do agree to an extent that this issue is trivial.

If we look at all the commercial products on the markets today, attacking sugary sodas does seem a little pointless. Compared to cigarettes and other carcinogens that are completely legal, it seems like a waste of time to go after the large sodas that come with your big mac. I feel as though if the government is truly concerned enough about the heath and well-being of Americans, than it would be more effective in improving America by attacking products that really kill us. While I don't consider this judge's ruling stupid, I do feel like it was a little ridiculous to go after large sodas while there are plenty worse things we can buy.

"Bloomberg vows to appeal judge's decision to strike down New York City's 'troubling' sugary drink ban one day before it was slated to take effect"

Read more: Bloomberg vows to appeal judge's decision to strike down New York City's 'troubling' sugary drink ban one day before it was slated to take effect | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bloomberg will fight down to the very last taxpayer dollar!

Good I hope he uses every dime. Maybe New Yorker will get fed up with the waste he is doing with their money, if not let'em rot.

"Bloomberg vows to appeal judge's decision to strike down New York City's 'troubling' sugary drink ban one day before it was slated to take effect"

Read more: Bloomberg vows to appeal judge's decision to strike down New York City's 'troubling' sugary drink ban one day before it was slated to take effect | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Good I hope he uses every dime. Maybe New Yorker will get fed up with the waste he is doing with their money, if not let'em rot.

But he's in the last term, so he doesn't care....just like another progressive I could name.

But I doubt the next one will be any better....

...this is NYC. The lights don't say "walk- don't walk.'
They say "you can walk if you're a Democrat."

E
It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.

Its not about that. Its about a short little mayor dictator circumventing the law and then getting smacked in the face for usurping it.

E

Its not about that. Its about a short little mayor dictator circumventing the law and then getting smacked in the face for usurping it.

I'm a-feeered it ain't over.....

Little Mikey is the 13th richest man in the world.

Really.

We had a law that you could only run twice.
The 'bought' the law-change.

Relax, dupes, it's just the legal system working, and it's not finished. A great victory for obesity and diabetes today is all. America is fat, and obviously about 40% stupid and 7% greedy a-holes lol...cheap food is bad for you, and that should change...whole wheat, low sugar and non-poison costs twice as much.
Well, kiss my grits. Franco is going to share his money tree with everybody else!

money-growing-on-trees.jpg

I don't find it amusing at all that you dont celebrate all victory for liberty.

Forum List

Back