🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hallelujah! Judge Stands Up to Progressives!

E
It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.

Its not about that. Its about a short little mayor dictator circumventing the law and then getting smacked in the face for usurping it.

I'm a-feeered it ain't over.....

Little Mikey is the 13th richest man in the world.

Really.

We had a law that you could only run twice.
The 'bought' the law-change.

I hope it is but youre right, this is how control freaks work.

Nobody should be voting Democrat. It's bad for you.

We need to put a cap on the number of times you are allowed to do so.

If more people had voted for the Democrat, Bloomberg wouldn't have won.

Hasn't he tried on every party hat? I just dont understand why he was re elected.

He has NEVER run for office as a Democrat, nor has his name appeared on the (D) column. Although he changed his registration to (I) after his first election, his name appeared on the (R) column for all three elections.

All 3 times he's run, he has been opposed by the Democratic Party.

Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

RELATED: LAWSUIT FILED TO BLOCK BLOOMBERG SODA BAN

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before*it goes into effect* - NY Daily News

This'll put Mayor Nanny in a rut.

As usual, brainwashed and off the rails- Nobody's taking everyone's guns, just background checks, and maybe no military style mega magazines. Only rational laws.

When did this thread become about guns, Captain Straw Man?

Nobody should be drinking 32 oz. sugar

It's none of your damn business what someone drinks, nor are you the authority on anyone else's lifestyle. You're living proof that so-called "liberals" are the antithesis of liberty. You're control hungry, authoritarian oppressors just like your totalitarian idols Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, and Pol Pot.

Not idols of mine or any Dems I know of, brainwashed supertwit.

:lol: Yeah, sure you don't Karl.

If you want to kill yourself, order 2 or 3. 87 sugar cubes in 3. Stop being the fool for Big Bad Food, superpatriot chump lol.

Actually, I eat very little sugar nor do I allow my son to have much, but that's MY choice, see? If someone else wants to drown themselves in it that's THEIR choice, see? It's called freedom. Do you understand what that is? No, of course you don't because you're a filthy Marxist pig. Butt the fuck out of other people's lives.

Hasn't he tried on every party hat? I just dont understand why he was re elected.

He has NEVER run for office as a Democrat, nor has his name appeared on the (D) column. Although he changed his registration to (I) after his first election, his name appeared on the (R) column for all three elections.

That may be, but he was a life long Democrat prior to running. The only reason he ran as a Republican was to avoid a very crowded Democratic primary. He is a leftist through and through and nobody with a shred of honesty can deny that with a straight face.

PLeeeeezzzzzzeeee.....

....you have no doubt where his allegiances lie, do you?

Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg’s ban on large sugary sodas one day before it goes into effect
Mayor says U.S. has an obesity problem which must be addressed. Judge says the ban was arbitrary.

A judge has invalidated Mayor Bloomberg's controversial plan to ban large sugary drinks from restaurants and other eateries, one day before the new law was to take effect.

State Supreme Court Justice Milton Tingling in Manhattan ruled the new regulation was “arbitrary and capricious” and declared it invalid, after several soda and business groups had sued the city challenging the ban.

RELATED: LAWSUIT FILED TO BLOCK BLOOMBERG SODA BAN

Mayor Bloomberg had touted the ban as a way to reduce obesity. But beverage manufacturers and business groups had called the law an illegal overreach that would infringe upon consumers' personal liberty.

Read more: Judge tosses Mayor Bloomberg?s ban on large sugary sodas one day before*it goes into effect* - NY Daily News

This'll put Mayor Nanny in a rut.

Hope so.

I'll wait 'til the fat lady sings.

Glad it was overturned and hope it stays that way.

Just who the hell does Bloomberg think he is? Telling people what size soda they can buy??

Talks about an overreach of Govt?? Crazy ass liberals alway trying to protect people from themselves.

Of course they all know whats good for you because hey, the citizens of NYC obviously can't make those decisions on their own now can they.

Bloombergs a jackass.

At least it'll make the wavering RW chumps THINK, not most of course...but make no mistake, they're
S-L-O-W-L-Y catching on.

Now...if only you, the 'low information voter,' were catching on.

This isn't about calories....it's about tyranny.

"The judge noted that the Teamsters et al don’t even dispute the seriousness of obesity, though they argue that the link between obesity and sugary drinks is not as clear as the city claims. The striking thing about the judge’s ruling is that he swept all that aside. He directly questioned the standing — the constitutional quackery, one could say — of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The issue before the court, the judge said, is whether the city’s Board of Health “has the authority to mandate which issues come under its jurisdiction as a basis to promulgate regulations.”

...Judge Tingling plowed through all the city charters starting in 1686. That is no mean feat of judging, and it’s an illuminating tour. The court traced them all the way up through 2012 and emerged with a startling conclusion. It is that while the Board of Health has broad powers, the intention of the legislature “is clear” — to protect the citizens through regulations that “prevent and protect against communicable, infectious, and pestilent diseases.” Its authority over food was limited to those issues, the court reckoned.

“One thing not seen in any of the Board of Health’s powers,” it said, “is the authority to limit or ban a legal item under the guise of ‘controlling chronic disease,’ as,” the court added, “the Board attempts to do herein.”

If the legislature failed to take action, that’s the end of the matter. ...It’s a glorious ruling. It sets the stage for rolling back Bloombergism. "
How Sweet It Is - The New York Sun

Don't be afraid of learning, blanko!

PLeeeeezzzzzzeeee.....

....you have no doubt where his allegiances lie, do you?

His allegiances lie with himself. Just like everyone else.

I know you guys like to think that left = bad, but Mayor Bloomburg being an authoritative fuck doesn't make him a "leftie".

We don't want him, and it seems the Republican Party does. So they can have him.

That may be, but he was a life long Democrat prior to running. The only reason he ran as a Republican was to avoid a very crowded Democratic primary. He is a leftist through and through and nobody with a shred of honesty can deny that with a straight face.

He doesn't become a "leftie" just because you don't like him.

We don't want him either - and seeing as how the self-described "lefties" and "liberals" in NY voted for the other guy, I think the "righties" in NY are stuck with Bloomberg.

Will Bloomberg Ban Judges Now?

March 13, 2013
By Bosch Fawstin

“It would be irresponsible not to try to do everything we can to save lives.”

“People are dying every day, this is not a joke.”

“I’m trying to do what’s right…I’m trying to defend my children, and you, and do what’s right.”

I have nothing more to add except for my drawing…

Bloomberg-Must-Ban-Judges-s.jpg

Will Bloomberg Ban Judges Now?

Will all of the obese conservatives gorge themselves on sugary sodas now like they did with Chick Filet and chicken sandwiches? Got to be one of the greatest marketing tools ever. If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your health just say something to get liberals all hot and bothered and the obese conservative herd will boost your sales.

Most likely. Nothing says "conservative" like being a fat cow that does nothing but bitch about "da libs" and collecting welfare checks.

obama%20fox.jpg
Do you really want to bring "fat cows" into this? Most American liberal women are exactly that.
The propensity for looking like livestock is definitely a Democrat thing.

You must be referring to all those Democrats in the southern states, lol. If you don't realize that obesity is an epidemic that crosses all political, cultural, sexual, and racial boundaries, then you are very uninformed.

Will all of the obese conservatives gorge themselves on sugary sodas now like they did with Chick Filet and chicken sandwiches? Got to be one of the greatest marketing tools ever. If you own a company that sells products that are bad for your health just say something to get liberals all hot and bothered and the obese conservative herd will boost your sales.

Most likely. Nothing says "conservative" like being a fat cow that does nothing but bitch about "da libs" and collecting welfare checks.

obama%20fox.jpg

There is nothing in the thread about welfare checks.....it's about personal freedom and liberty.

Advice.....you don't really wanna compare conservative women with liberal women.....just sayin'...

mcdonalds.jpg

Lesbians are liberal

Feds pay for study on why lesbians are fat

Read more: Feds pay for study on why lesbians are fat | The Daily Caller

‘Anti-Bloomberg bill’ passed in Mississippi
The so-called "anti-Bloomberg bill," labeled as such because these are all measures New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has championed, was introduced by state Sen. Tony Smith. The bill's author told the New York Daily News, "If we give government a little more control of our personal rights—where does it stop?" The bill also bans local rules that would forbid children's toys to be handed out with meals.'
?Anti-Bloomberg bill? passed in Mississippi | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

It was a dumb law to begin with, I just find it amusing that you guys are beating your chest like you just stopped a law that would end freedom as we know it.

You of the left seek dictatorship. Bloomberg tested the extent to which dictates could be made by a ruler. This is a victory for individual rights. I had a soda last Saturday, it was my first in 2013 - but it was MY choice if I wanted one, not a ruler such as Bloomberg.

IF the courts will put men like Bloomberg, Jerry Brown, and Obama in their place, then a LOT of shooting can be avoided.

how far conservatism has fallen. When you celebrate the denouncing of a silly law that has no chance of becoming legal in the long run, you might have hit rock bottom.

Dont you all have other things to be proud of today, or is this it?

Personally, I have a little one on the way in June, god willing. My wife and I have agreed that we will quit soda all together and we wont allow our child to go there maybe until hitting double digits. Mainly from a tooth decay aspect and obviously a health stand point as well. This law was stupid. I would liken this Mayor to Rand Paul, both are looking for press, good or bad. Loser douche packer politicians.

This was a battle in your war on civil rights.

You lost, which is good.

Forum List

Back