🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hamas breaking international law?!?!?

Ah, so your country doesn't consider Hamas terrorists?

Only the third grade name callers in our state department. They don't care that Hamas does not fit the description of terrorists. They just do what Israel tells them.
Oh, Tinnie.

Gaza: Human Rights Watch Slams Hamas for War Crime Attacks on Israeli Citizens - IBTimes UK

The nationals of an occupying power are not considered "civilians" by the Fourth Geneva Convention.

Somebody should bring them up to speed.

freedombecki, TheOldSchool; et al,

This serves no useful purpose in each side demonizing the other. Each side is not ready for peace, so each side starts a fight and accuses the other.

Everyone with half a brain knows that to draw and shoot a gun at another - has in it an implied intent to kill. Everyone knows this is an assault with a deadly weapon. Rockets are no different; just a different caliber. Palestinians know they were wrong.

The Palestinians know that they are not placing a good faith effort on the table.

The Israelis know they are wrong in the administration of the Occupied Territories. They are not ready to speak - seriously - on issues and options that will bring peace.

Most Respectfully,
R

Both sides deserve a lot of blame. I worry however that the solution would lead to the dissolution of Israel and then the entire Middle East would be lost to the west and the power of the dominant totalitarian and theocratic governments there would be consolidated.

Saudi Arabia is probably the most westernized and civilized of the countries in the Middle East but there are absolutely horrifying things that happen there all the time. Look at Egypt who just overthrew western influence and now has a radical madman heading their government.

Lose Israel and we lose that whole part of the world.

actually, lose israel and we may very well gain a very significant portion of that whole part of the world.

you really do not have much confidence in america, do you? we are basically a good people and are well liked.

Ah, so your country doesn't consider Hamas terrorists?

Only the third grade name callers in our state department. They don't care that Hamas does not fit the description of terrorists. They just do what Israel tells them.
Nope.Not just the State Department. It is the official US government position from the President down.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed, they are such an embarrassment.

What criteria do they use for this designation?

freedombecki, TheOldSchool; et al,

This serves no useful purpose in each side demonizing the other. Each side is not ready for peace, so each side starts a fight and accuses the other.

Everyone with half a brain knows that to draw and shoot a gun at another - has in it an implied intent to kill. Everyone knows this is an assault with a deadly weapon. Rockets are no different; just a different caliber. Palestinians know they were wrong.

The Palestinians know that they are not placing a good faith effort on the table.

The Israelis know they are wrong in the administration of the Occupied Territories. They are not ready to speak - seriously - on issues and options that will bring peace.

Most Respectfully,
R

Both sides deserve a lot of blame. I worry however that the solution would lead to the dissolution of Israel and then the entire Middle East would be lost to the west and the power of the dominant totalitarian and theocratic governments there would be consolidated.

Saudi Arabia is probably the most westernized and civilized of the countries in the Middle East but there are absolutely horrifying things that happen there all the time. Look at Egypt who just overthrew western influence and now has a radical madman heading their government.

Lose Israel and we lose that whole part of the world.

actually, lose israel and we may very well gain a very significant portion of that whole part of the world.

you really do not have much confidence in america, do you? we are basically a good people and are well liked.

we are basically a good people and are well liked.

That is true. People only hate our government. And for good reason.

Nope.Not just the State Department. It is the official US government position from the President down.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed, they are such an embarrassment.

What criteria do they use for this designation?
It's only an embarrassment if you support terror.

Why not write them and ask what their criteria are? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.

HRW, Amnesty International, and B'Tselem are very highly regarded organisations and well respected for their neutrality and objectivity. all this is, their findings on pillar of cloud, i believe, is an extension of their findings about palestinian militant groups regarding the earlier cast lead operation and the findings of the UN fact finding mission on the gaza conflict.

i can see no reason to doubt them.

i don't think that excuses the acts of the IDF of firing on heavily populated civilian ares.

Since the terrorists do use heavily populated areas as firing positions towards Israeli civilians, it is both legal and moral to do whatever needs tobe done to stop it.

And all culpability falls on the terrorists who use their own as human shields while trying to murder our civilians.

I say it is because of the pervasive propaganda.

What are the criteria used by our government?
No "pervasive propaganda".

If you are ignorant of your own country's policies, then I would suggest that you ask them.

Is deflection all you have?

Sad.

What's sad is that you don't even know why your own country- as well as the rest of the civilized world, considers Hamas a terrorist group.

Don't they teach civics or something like that where you live?

No "pervasive propaganda".

If you are ignorant of your own country's policies, then I would suggest that you ask them.

Is deflection all you have?

Sad.

What's sad is that you don't even know why your own country- as well as the rest of the civilized world, considers Hamas a terrorist group.

Don't they teach civics or something like that where you live?

Sorry, only the Axis of Zionism (the 9 or so countries that voted against the Pals at the UN recently) and maybe a few others consider Hamas terrorists. There's a war going on, they're combatants.

Forum List

Back