Hang Sandy Cortez in Effigy?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The NY Post reports that the unemployment rate in the Bronx is 25% - highest it has been since the Great Depression.

Do I not recall Sandy antagonizing Amazon a year or so back, resulting in their deciding NOT to locate a major distribution center in...the Bronx...thus costing the neighborhood thousands of jobs?

In anyplace but a Leftist Gagaland, they would be running her out of town on a pole. But this being NYC...

...she will undoubtedly be re-elected in a landslide.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And on other websites, I see regular questions to Conservatives about why they (we) seem to scorn Sandy Cortez so heatedly.

The NY Post reports that the unemployment rate in the Bronx is 25% - highest it has been since the Great Depression.

Do I not recall Sandy antagonizing Amazon a year or so back, resulting in their deciding NOT to locate a major distribution center in...the Bronx...thus costing the neighborhood thousands of jobs?

In anyplace but a Leftist Gagaland, they would be running her out of town on a pole. But this being NYC...

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

And on other websites, I see regular questions to Conservatives about why they (we) seem to scorn Sandy Cortez so heatedly.

I fail to see what Bronx unemployment has to do with Amazon not locating their facility in Long Island City, NY. That would be Queens. Amazon wanted tax concessions from the city and state that were unworkable.
Amazon actually did open a large office in lower Manhattan about nine months ago and they just inked a new deal for a new hub in Maspeth...again Queens. :)
So while LIC lost out, it looks like Amazon came back to Queens.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The state would have had to pay millions of dollars to Amazon for those jobs. If they had taken the money that Amazon wanted and distributed it to the people who would have benefitted, they would have received more money. Apparently you support corporate blackmail. Also Amazon pays little or no taxes.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The state would have had to pay millions of dollars to Amazon for those jobs. If they had taken the money that Amazon wanted and distributed it to the people who would have benefitted, they would have received more money. Apparently you support corporate blackmail. Also Amazon pays little or no taxes.

They wanted tax concessions. Apparently you and AOC are both too stupid to understand the difference between paying less in taxes TO the state, and getting direct payment FROM the state.

Even with the tax breaks Amazon wanted, NY would have still received significant money from Amazon (as well as state income taxes from the people who would have been employed by Amazon in NY). Now they get nothing. Huge win for AOC and NY, way to stick it to Amazon. Dumbasses.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back